Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AODxKr1905

School Cricketer
India
RCB...
If somebody here resides in Australia can he please tell us when will the major Gaming Conference be held in Australia

D

Dutch

Its an industry conference rather than a consumer conference happening this coming week.

swagat das

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As per my thoughts i think we are surely getting some updates on career mode as in AO tennis 2,BA studios made good changes in career mode from adding cutscenes to interview and additional features. If we are getting same then it's a good change.
I would also love to see if they can put the draft thing for custom leagues so that we can easily create teams and draft players according to our choice.
Not sure about the auction(which is i think will be not added)
And yes obviously we would love to see some fielding, batting mechanics so that it would be realistic.
Let's hope for the best but atleast happy that they heard the fans and releasing new game very soon ❤

chiefdave

School Cricketer
It's BA not EA :p
Exactly, if EA, the second largest gaming company on the planet, can only manage annual tweaks to their biggest franchise what are the odds of a relatively small Aussie gaming company doing a total from the ground up rebuild of their cricket franchise?

CraigMc24

Club Captain
As per my thoughts i think we are surely getting some updates on career mode as in AO tennis 2,BA studios made good changes in career mode from adding cutscenes to interview and additional features. If we are getting same then it's a good change.
I would also love to see if they can put the draft thing for custom leagues so that we can easily create teams and draft players according to our choice.
Not sure about the auction(which is i think will be not added)
And yes obviously we would love to see some fielding, batting mechanics so that it would be realistic.
Let's hope for the best but atleast happy that they heard the fans and releasing new game very soon ❤

Putting a crazy idea out there. How about editable bowling actions, batting styles, keeper standing right up to medium fast bowlers . Am a day dreaming
All these ideas for cutscenes for career mode and drafting/auction just like they have in The Hundred DLC and the editable bowling/batting styles etc would all make good editions to the game eventually. However the game itself needs improvement first.

1) Fielding needs improvement. Fielders sometimes just stand there watching the ball roll or fly past without even making an attempt to stop the ball. A miss field or catch almost certainly ends in a extra run as it takes the fielder forever to get/regather the ball. Oh and over throws happen too often. Lastly catches in the outfield could be improved, too many times you go to catch a ball on the boundary however you almost always touch the rope. It would be nice if you could catch it, then be given the option (like 1-2 secs) to throw it back into the field of play (before touching the rope) and re catch it or be able to use a fellow teammate to help catch the ball. Most of the time if your too close to the boundary you touch the rope and it’s a Six.

2) The collision mechanics of the ball hitting the bat or the batsman etc. Sometimes the ball (like a ghost) will just go right through the bat or go right through the batter. It’s just a awkward looking thing to have in the game. Also seeing the batsman just casually walk back through the stumps, even the wicket keeper does that a lot. It’s like the stumps don’t exist.

3) Fixing the weird nicks, top edges and other shots just go in the total opposite direction you were aiming and some that just fly at what seems a million miles an hour. I know in real cricket not all shots (if timed wrong) go where you intended with nicks and edges sometimes going anywhere they choose and at speed, however the way it can happen in the game at times just doesn’t look right.

Those are the things I’d be concerning myself with first before making any other improvements
Ps cutscenes and editable bowling and batting styles etc would be nice additions don’t disagree. Just “eventually”

Last edited:

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just hope BA can replicate actual cricket matches atmospheres, prime example would be a Pakistan vs India match you will have horns blaring and overall a party type atmosphere.

what would be a good idea is in the PES games they have a crowd home/away feel, so if pakistan play zimbabwe in the UK then we can set the crowd to give it a "home game" atmosphere vice versa.

other then that i hope they can revolutionize the game play and make use of the next gen features esp the haptic feedback, imagine being on 99 and the controller vibrating giving u that nervous 90's feel.

D

Dutch

I just hope BA can replicate actual cricket matches atmospheres, prime example would be a Pakistan vs India match you will have horns blaring and overall a party type atmosphere.

what would be a good idea is in the PES games they have a crowd home/away feel, so if pakistan play zimbabwe in the UK then we can set the crowd to give it a "home game" atmosphere vice versa.

other then that i hope they can revolutionize the game play and make use of the next gen features esp the haptic feedback, imagine being on 99 and the controller vibrating giving u that nervous 90's feel.
Although valid ideas I sincerely hope they spend their efforts first on getting game play right. There are still a number of aspects below par and they need to be upped a notch or two.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My biggest gripe with last game is fielding. I think they have got batting and bowling spot on. A few tune ups here and there would be nice. However fielding especially keeping, slip fielding (of spinners) and boundary riding need to be drastically improved. Next gen would surely allow them to make AI a lot more responsive. I absolutely hate seeing field change after every ball. It just Kills immersion
All in all hoping for another solid show from my favorite game studio.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Also I would like to see more robust ability to cut against spinners. Present hook cut is unrealistic. AI especially favors this shot and it is ugly to look at.
Staying on cut, I don't like that the game sometimes decides when it is a cut of drive against fast bowlers. This should be resolved.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I’d honestly just love cricket 19 with physics you can trust.
By which I mean give me the real result of the action. Right now, if the AI batsman hits the ball into the ground a metre in front of him it bounces and flies to a fielder in the ring with no more bounces. If he hits it and it doesn’t bounce just in front of him it dies just before the fielder. Really bad intrusive scripting instead of actual physics.

Give me that and the diving animations being used instead of abominable stoop rubbish and I will be delighted.
Post automatically merged:

What the hell, I’ll be really picky and ask for an AI that can bat against spin.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I’d honestly just love cricket 19 with physics you can trust.
By which I mean give me the real result of the action. Right now, if the AI batsman hits the ball into the ground a metre in front of him it bounces and flies to a fielder in the ring with no more bounces. If he hits it and it doesn’t bounce just in front of him it dies just before the fielder. Really bad intrusive scripting instead of actual physics.

Give me that and the diving animations being used instead of abominable stoop rubbish and I will be delighted.
Post automatically merged:

What the hell, I’ll be really picky and ask for an AI that can bat against spin.
Yes the catches not carrying to slip is a issue that needs resolution. Proper physics should be very achievable with next-gen tech at the ready.

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It will be better thoughts if Trailer comes out .... as of now there is only a minor teaser , which states New game on the way .. so lets wait for a Full Length Trailer / Posters , so that we can have more image on game coming up for us .

Users who are viewing this thread