Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

shery_rsa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
What a mess !!! Now all eyes on day 1 patch and statement from ross about this, seriously big let down i felt is fielding

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I won't judge the game until day 1 patch, it's unfortunate that people got their hands on this early and posting videos when the game is not even ready.
There are a few things that needs fixing but for me the game looks alright, there is nothing would stop me from playing it so far but I will wait till 2nd December until I can judge it properly.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
To my knowledge, noone is saying that the game is bad, but sad that it doesn't look to match with the expectation. Again as said, day 0/1 patch is critical. I for sure know that most of us in this forum would be buying or already bought the game anyway.

Im a huge fan of BAS and I'm going to support them with all I can. By end of the day, they are the one to give us a cricket game. I would suggest to judge the game after Dec 2nd :)

Edit: rather than judging on what's bad and good, it would be nice to just relax, sit back and enjoy the game...when it's officialy out.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Gameplay vdo must not be upload before patch1 as that will create very bad impression of cricket game that might ruin all hard work done by BA where as reality is totally different.

Who so ever has access my request to digest it yourself or max share pics of UI or settings etc and wait till patch1.

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
thank god , commentators call players name this time .
I dont think day 1 patch will turn overall game drastically .. C19 player details were so fantastic(Licensed) . in c22 i don see proper likeness of licensed players :( disheartened

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also Ray tracing elements are not used well in game .. as i see youtube gameplay videos . not highlighted .. looks we can run this game with Minimum specs PC , waiting for so long and ending up with this scenerio is bad .

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
This is all an excellent study in the human condition and what makes us different.

Some people see a bug riddled game with poor graphics, a black Kane Williamson and a 17 year old Chris Gayle.

I see, from the very limited, unpatched sample, a game with a tonne of new bowling actions, batting animations, edges galore, where bowlers look like they're hitting the crease instead of rollerblading through. Albeit buggy but with the type of bugs which BA have patched out in previous titles.

I'm optimistic as hell for Thursday I can't wait to get my hands on it. Go figure.

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Running HUD is causing confusion as its showing in reverse way every other over.

Attachments

• 8ee43dde-bfbf-407d-9a7a-6ee57453bb27.png
    8ee43dde-bfbf-407d-9a7a-6ee57453bb27.png
    12 MB · Views: 84
  • 799258e7-fb5f-4e39-bfdd-3abb85aa65fd.png
    799258e7-fb5f-4e39-bfdd-3abb85aa65fd.png
    10.9 MB · Views: 83

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Running HUD is causing confusion as its showing in reverse way every other over.
Wasn’t that an issue in 19 or Ashes or got corrected?

For Cricket 19 the day 1 patch was a week late for Xbox, had to sit and wait before I could get the World Cup going.

It is very easy to pick apart the game when it’s an old build. Day 1 patch will clearly sort things like kits and Williamson plus other areas. How much remains to be seen.

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
I have played batting in couple of matches. I enjoyed the batting so far even though i couldnt yet adjust to the timing.
- Game doesnt look as bad as people were saying under IGN video. I played on Xbox Series X. But its not a big upgrade over Cricket 19.
- Pitch is definitely playing a role as I struggled batting on green pitch.
- Some of the keeper edges look and sound nice.

Main Issues I observered so far are..
- Batter start running very slow if they hit pull shots. Seems to be slower than cricket 19.
- AI is playing lot of Steve smith smash shots for short pitch deleveries.
- Running HUD direction is showing opposite way every other over. I played on broadcast camera.
- Batter starts walking or showing disappointment even before umpire giving lbw.
- Drop catches by AI
- Not much improvement on the fielding.

There are still other minor issues which carried over from previous games.
I know the game I played is without Day 1 patch. But I hope they fix some of these issues in the patch.

Overall I liked the time I spend on batting.

Last edited:

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Only thing from all the videos I have seen so far is the fielding bugs or something with fielding. It's just an observation and nothing more. Only that!!!

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Glad u know how to bat properly, suddenly game looks nice to me as compared to watching noobs yday
I couldnt yet adjust to timing as I use to play cricket 19 by increasing the pace bowling speed max.
Will increase and see if I can improve my timing.

Users who are viewing this thread