Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For ODI Since 2014 till 2022 version

1 - AI Advance Shot - No
2- AI Slog Sweep - No
3 - AI Normal Sweep - Very Very Rare
4 - AI Reverse Slog Sweep - No
5 - AI Reverse Sweep - No
6 - AI Scoop Shot - Big No
7 - AI Playing Tactics - Just Like nonsense and Brainless Robot (45th Over at 8 wicket Still trying to slog and got out :-D)

Player Statistic No Improvement In 2022 Thing gone more worst Statistics has been removed (BigAnt is meant for removing older version Good Parts).

Only Good Part for Aus and End Team is Graphics is much better

Last edited:

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I had this one yesterday. Don't know if the latest patch broke it.
Not sure if anyone else has had this, but I was fielding and got a edge to the keeper I pushed the button to catch it but it went so quick I didn’t push the button in time and it hit his glove and ballooned behind first slip and another button popped up I pushed that and the slip dived and caught it.
Looked great but not sure if it was a bug.

Ramz

International Coach
@MattW I hope in the next patch we can change host nation for when doing T20 WC or ODI WC as this feature is missing, it was in Cricket19 I hope they can add this in? Also since the T20 WC 2022 fixtures have been released any chance this can be updated in the game, since the T20 WC competition in C22 is set in Australia would be cool to have the actual group standings and correct fixtures. I hope you can pass this into the team to look into?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, I'm on Xbox Series X and I'm still getting regular press conferences. Still some very stupid and unrelated questions though. I especially like the questions with only one - usually derogatory - answer though. It feels really great bagging your team mates out cause there's only one stupid response!

Thanks for confirming :)!!

However, it's just another worrying circumstance as despite us having the exact same platform clearly I'm experiencing a bug you're not. If the same platform is experiencing random & different bugs then this could literally be a never ending pattern :(.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Crashing every time I save and exit my tour match. It is actually saving at the correct point and I can get back into the match, but frustrating nevertheless

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Does anyone know if we have a logo limit like we had in Cricket 19?

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm finding it near impossible to take wickets in test matches. No matter who I bowl, what types of deliveries I bowl, or what fields I set, wickets are few and far between. The AI seem to refuse to edge the ball too, just 101 plays and misses instead.

Been playing a Test match as England, against Ireland, on a green pitch, using @Rumple43's England sliders. I posted the Day 1 scorecard yesterday in the Cricket 22: Stories, Scorecards thread. I had great fun batting and the sliders certainly helped with that, giving a realistic feel to the gameplay. Posted 285 batting first.

Bowling though, is when I really lost my shit and the fielders certainly don't help, neither does the AI's refusal to block the ball and instead leave it or just play T20 type shots.

Another big nuisance was having to quit and go back into the match multiple times as every now and again the ball would stop in the outfield and every fielder would just stand in their position and refuse to run after the ball.

azkhan

Club Captain
Crashing every time I save and exit my tour match. It is actually saving at the correct point and I can get back into the match, but frustrating nevertheless
Always crashing when playing in custom stadiums. I know it's being investigated. When I am on the academy and browsing the squad of a team I want to download, it always crashes as well. Will look to log some tickets soon for some issues.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm finding it near impossible to take wickets in test matches. No matter who I bowl, what types of deliveries I bowl, or what fields I set, wickets are few and far between. The AI seem to refuse to edge the ball too, just 101 plays and misses instead.

Been playing a Test match as England, against Ireland, on a green pitch, using @Rumple43's England sliders. I posted the Day 1 scorecard yesterday in the Cricket 22: Stories, Scorecards thread. I had great fun batting and the sliders certainly helped with that, giving a realistic feel to the gameplay. Posted 285 batting first.

Bowling though, is when I really lost my shit and the fielders certainly don't help, neither does the AI's refusal to block the ball and instead leave it or just play T20 type shots.

Another big nuisance was having to quit and go back into the match multiple times as every now and again the ball would stop in the outfield and every fielder would just stand in their position and refuse to run after the ball.
Test match bowling is frustrating me too. AI regularly batting for in excess of 100 overs. I don’t want it easy but can’t seem to rip through them. Even with Wicket Chance high, I’m struggling. What I’m experiencing isn’t completely unreal I guess but wickets did seem to come easier on C19.

I’ve only had the ball stop just before the boundary once. Ran about 20 but they never picked up so had to exit. It’s only just trickled over the rope sometimes and I raised a ticket last week for fielders not chasing boundary balls even if they’re slow ones. It’s like they’re programmed to know that it’s going for four but sometimes they do chase and like you say, occasionally the ball doesn’t go over the rope and you’re stuck. Not chasing at all ruins immersion. I mean, okay if it’s racing but the tricklers! I’d like to think they’ll fix it given progress made in latest patch.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India

I think it happens in random. I played the 5th test of the Ashes as England and Australia ended up scoring 500 odd runs in the first innings. In the second innings they were 70 for 4. The match got drawn at that point. So wickets are falling for sure but I think they have changed it a bit in the last patch or so.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Don’t finish the match, I can’t move any further in my tour as it crashes once the match is complete and the re-load in takes you to the end of match cutscene. Rinse and repeat.. was looking forward to getting into the 2nd test match but now all I can do tonight is come into the forums and complain :lol

Abcd9994

Club Captain
[Steam latest patch]

Running between the wickets and AI fielding (catching as well :yes) definitely look a lot better after the latest update. I hope that it stays like this and doesn't go down the hill again. The lighting sure seems a lot better as well now.

moutoshi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Which patch fixed the Blue gloves changing issue, all-time while wants to change the custom gloves it shows the no 1 glove.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
A rare bit of weekend work, but it's allowed me to make some minor changes to the Slider Spreadsheet and push v3 live.

For anyone that wants it, you can go here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3521464

Hopefully this version last longer than the previous one, otherwise I'll be banging v4 out before next weekend :facepalm

Cheers to all that are part of the project and take an interest, it's much appreciated.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Always crashing when playing in custom stadiums. I know it's being investigated. When I am on the academy and browsing the squad of a team I want to download, it always crashes as well. Will look to log some tickets soon for some issues.
Ah that’ll be it.

Users who are viewing this thread