Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Do people not realize that the organic-ness of a fielder dropping a catch, wherever it may be on the outfield, is like real life?

Why do people insist every catch attempt has to be a catch? Do people not notice the ball physics as it falls out of the fielders hands, just like in real life?

Ok, I 99% of the time just watch CPU vs CPU, but everytime I see a mis-fielding, I witness an organic outcome, and for me, that is realistic.

Happy to be corrected of course, as I don't know if the issue people have is that this happens too much rather than that it happens at all. when using the C22 catching camera?

I genuinely can’t work out if your trolling or being serious. Most of the outcomes in this game are scripted and the physics for the most part don’t make much sense haha!

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Please can you remove the fielder diving over the ball nonsense somehow crept it 2 or 3 patches ago.Thanks
I think after bringing in the “dive” thing the fielding has become worse with each following patch. If removing that would solve the fielding issue, then I will take that any day.

ChrisCol

School Cricketer
I don't know if it's just me, but I never see actual dropped catches in the game, only if it hits a close fielder at pace. Otherwise every single chance is taken.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do people not realize that the organic-ness of a fielder dropping a catch, wherever it may be on the outfield, is like real life?

Why do people insist every catch attempt has to be a catch? Do people not notice the ball physics as it falls out of the fielders hands, just like in real life?

Ok, I 99% of the time just watch CPU vs CPU, but everytime I see a mis-fielding, I witness an organic outcome, and for me, that is realistic.

Happy to be corrected of course, as I don't know if the issue people have is that this happens too much rather than that it happens at all. when using the C22 catching camera?
The point is that the catching mini game is broken in some game modes. It works perfect for me in Play Now mode but is broken in Competition Mode. The catching circle sometimes pops up too late and sometimes not at all. I agree that not every catch should be taken like in real life. I use fully assisted fielding in Competition Mode and semi assisted in other modes. Problem with fully assisted is that the fielders throws to the wrong end 9 out of 10 times when there is a run out chance.

Trevin

Club Cricketer
Hey everyone. I have Cricket 19 and I have enjoyed but I am wondering whether I should buy Cricket 22 given that it is on sale on Steam. Thank you.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey everyone. I have Cricket 19 and I have enjoyed but I am wondering whether I should buy Cricket 22 given that it is on sale on Steam. Thank you.
I would say wait for the next patch on Wednesday and decide. At the moment, fielding is a total mess.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My man had a bet on this ball being a boundary...

that's football feature in C22

@MattW kindly comment on this vdo along with my past tagged observations/below BA tickets. Thanks

Ticket IdSubjectStatusTypeRemarks
11150​
Useless DivingBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11078​
AI behavior for Test/First Class gamesUser RespondedBugStill present
11071​
Keeper front diving bugBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11070​
Fielders diving bugBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11069​
Black boxes on screenBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11068​
Missing Catch BugBeing ProcessedBugStill present
9377​
Request to add Ground wear optionBeing ProcessedRequestStill present
9320​
Fielder forget to field or catchBeing ProcessedBugStill present
9318​
Overthrows lead to boundary are backBeing ProcessedBugStill present
8844​
AI bowled 47 wides at hardest difficulty in test matchBeing ProcessedBugStill present
8397​
CPL OR 100 Or Cup LogoBeing ProcessedRequestStill present
8330​
Ball Tail option not working properlyBeing ProcessedBugStill present
8263​
Batsman can easily move too leg or off positionBeing ProcessedRequestStill present
Post automatically merged:

I would say wait for the next patch on Wednesday and decide. At the moment, fielding is a total mess.
just adding as below are also messed atm

- Sweep shot
- AI field placement
- AI batting in FC/Test games
- AI behavior in LOI games

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
that's football feature in C22

@MattW kindly comment on this vdo along with my past tagged observations/below BA tickets. Thanks

Ticket IdSubjectStatusTypeRemarks
11150​
Useless DivingBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11078​
AI behavior for Test/First Class gamesUser RespondedBugStill present
11071​
Keeper front diving bugBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11070​
Fielders diving bugBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11069​
Black boxes on screenBeing ProcessedBugStill present
11068​
Missing Catch BugBeing ProcessedBugStill present
9377​
Request to add Ground wear optionBeing ProcessedRequestStill present
9320​
Fielder forget to field or catchBeing ProcessedBugStill present
9318​
Overthrows lead to boundary are backBeing ProcessedBugStill present
8844​
AI bowled 47 wides at hardest difficulty in test matchBeing ProcessedBugStill present
8397​
CPL OR 100 Or Cup LogoBeing ProcessedRequestStill present
8330​
Ball Tail option not working properlyBeing ProcessedBugStill present
8263​
Batsman can easily move too leg or off positionBeing ProcessedRequestStill present
Post automatically merged:

just adding as below are also messed atm

- Sweep shot
- AI field placement
- AI batting in FC/Test games
- AI behavior in LOI games
In real matches outside, anything like invisible wall that prevents the batter from moving in crease? Batter shouldn't have any barriers, right

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My use of C22 has been far more sporadic recently but still playing, & played a few hours over the weekend. (Bear in mind I'm Series X so may see different issues to others.)

Noticed multiple complaints after latest patch of excessive overthrows (& the ongoing fielding comedy) but nobody seems to have explained why these overthrows actually started happening, that I could remember at least.

Every time a fielder now returns the ball back to the keeper or bowler they're essentially throwing down (hard) at the base of the stumps rather than just returning an obviously dead ball normally. 9 times out of 10 the keeper, bowler or another fielder just about manages to stop or cut off these wild & silly returns but that's what's now causing so many issues with a large percentage of these extras adding up from overthrows, if that hadn't already been cleared up?

The AI keeper has once again become completely static to edges if standing up normally to a human spinner & the slips have stopped reacting to fine edges (their left) too, but the slips will still take very impressive diving catches off thicker edges etc. (their right). (It's as if the AI can't decide if the keeper or 1st slip should be the one reacting so instead nothing reacts at all. Worse still, as the ball then trundles away to the third man outfield the keeper & slips still do absolutely nothing while square leg/ fine leg or deep fine leg end up being the fielders running all the way around to collect the ball. ) I can only get the keeper to react to an edge off a spinner if I stand the keeper right back again too as per previous patches with the same issue, otherwise, they're essentially spectators again.

Front foot grounded very fine/late cut is still broken when facing a spin bowler & slaps straight into the gloves of a super human keeper every time attempted, even with 3 x ideals. Back foot very fine/late cut off a spinner is now more 50/50, however. (Sometimes it'll cut clear of the keeper down to fine third man even with just OK timing/footwork & an ideal shot selection, but then the exact same shot on the next attempt with 3 x perfect ideals results in the same issue as the front foot very fine cut & slap, super human keeper takes a ridiculous catch again. ) The fine/late cut still needs attention & work please!!

It worked for the first 5 weeks or so too but despite repeated comments in the interim from multiple users, the lofted back foot cut when facing spin bowlers remains broken too. (If attempting a lofted back foot late cut between backward point to fine third man region the ball still never makes it above head height resulting in caught out every time attempted too. If the same lofted back foot cut is played forward of point off a spinner it'll play normally & as expected, it simply remains broken if played squarer/finer.). It's a shot that was actually working well on release & it worked exceptionally well in C19 too, why on earth won't they fix this in C22? (Obviously it is the controversial shot hated by many of us as the ridiculous go to shot the AI uses in C19 (even off a full ball) & until about one month ago the AI used it to excess in C22 as well but please fix it for the human batters.)

What happened to the AI "swat" back at the bowler too? (Some disliked it (more so as the AI was using it in FC/tests which was utterly unrealistic), but I found having a new shot refreshing in the shorter formats but it's as if the shot has been completely removed from C22 again.)

I keep seeing complaints of totally OP spinners too but I'm not seeing this at all. All of my physics sliders are at their defaults BTW if that's a difference, & I'm playing with the AI set to legendary?. (Is this a Series X vs other platform issue or something else?) With the default sliders I'm taking just as many (or as few) wickets with a pace bowler as a spinner. (If I tweak the flight/drift/turn sliders even by a small amount then a spinner can indeed quickly become very much OP under such circumstances. Sadly, until BA come up with a truly consistent configuration from one patch to the next with regards to physics etc., using custom sliders may yield wildly varying results from one patch to the next making some specialties seem OP & others nerfed. (If they're dropping back to bi-weekly patches we can only hope they're now closer to greater consistency between them.)

Fingers crossed this weeks patch is as good as the one from a month ago with the additional lessons learned too :). That'd once again be a C22 worth more time :).

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is anyone else having issues to download bats with players or teams? For me the logos are not downloading. Did they mess it up again?
Yeah. I've been noticing this too. The logos themselves show up when you search for logos specifically, but they don't show up on bats. Been downloading some of @wasteyouryouth's new bats, but the really important parts of the bats are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread