Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
I encountered few strange bugs after the latest patch while playing Big 11
A. I hit a six, ball was counted but six runs were not counted.
B. My right hand batsman suddenly changed itself to left hand batsman.
C. Few catches taken in cover umpire dint give wicket.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Played some more 2 player (offline) last night with a different friend, different teams.

PS5, limited overs T20.

There is a serious issue relating to low-med arcing catching opportunities. The catching cam comes up, no catching reticle comes up, the ball flies past the fielder and continues in slo-mo all the way to the boundary.

Counting both innings, this happened 7 times in one game. 2 player offline, is largely now unplayable. This will probably not matter to most due to a majority seeming to be playing single player.

As this is a consistent and properly game breaking issue (I don't say that lightly), I would appreciate if Matt could tell us if this is noted to be fixed or not.

Sounds worth rasing a ticket for and giving Matt the number

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The problem is it’s so random! I have been in the pause menu and not looking and it’s gone. The other day I was batting and Lyon was bowling, I lost all control and my controller was flashing then it cut out.
The flashing controller is the common theme.

My other thought is, is this because of quick resume? I didn’t experience a problem for a few days because I setup my old Xbox One and was playing the game between both consoles.

Those with the problem might be able to answer these questions too.

Series X crashing issue....

The reason your controller's (home) Xbox button suddenly starts flashing & you've lost all control is because it's just lost its connection with the Xbox itself as C22 crashes the device & causes the shut down. (It will continue to flash until it eventually times out by itself, you turn the controller off/pull the batteries yourself, or you power the Xbox itself back on again for the controller to reconnect. So, that explains your flashing home button as an after symptom & that's an expected behaviour considering rather than an oddity or a part of a cause ;).)

I use official Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers with the latest firmware myself, so it's not specifically a custom controller or a third party controller issue either. I've also experienced the same crashing behaviour while testing with a stock Series X controller, an older stock One X controller, or an older custom SCUF in use too, so, that pretty much discounts controllers as a cause as well I'm afraid :(. I've also experienced C22 crashing both with & without a Steelseries Arctis 9X headset connected & in use via Xbox link.

The Series X crashes are 100% random in timing. I've mainly had them happen during matches, but I've also experienced them while doing gym training, nets training, browsing the academy, or with the game simply idling at a menu etc. The only common theme is for C22 to be actively running in the foreground.

I do use "quick resume" but not always or all of the time, especially with C22 as it simply cannot be trusted. Consequently, I've experienced C22 exhibiting these nasty crashes after being launched via quick resume bith with & without any other titles also active in quick resume, when C22 has been launched after previously quitting the game normally, or even within minutes of starting C22 fresh following a complete sys hard reboot on a few occasions now too. So, even that's random with C22. (If I could get another title to even remotely behave in this way I'd return the Xbox for repair but try as hard as I can, I can't get any other titles to even exhibit any instability, let alone crash!! It's C22 & C22 alone causing this, & one of these days there'll I'll be with a burnt out PSU or worse, and/or a fried expansion SSD etc., & the associated repair/replacement costs.

Sadly, none of the above as far as a common link or theme is concerned. C22 of itself remains the ONLY common theme :(. I wish I could confirm some commonality for BA to investigate further for you but alas nothing raised so far holds any water mate!!

-----*****-----

Additional info...

When C22 hangs & then causes this insane crashing/shutdowns it's an outright hard power off! It's not just a typical bump back to the home screen or a simple soft off/sleep state. It causes this hard power off every single time which is why this is so worrying as that sort of behaviour can certainly damage hardware. (When the academy was so terribly unstable for all users/platforms then C22 would routinely crash out of the academy & just back to the Xbox home screen itself as it did for everyone else anyway.) Otherwise, C22 never crashes back to the home screen at any other time with the Series X as it always causes this hard crash.

Of additional note, once C22 crashes the Series X I cannot restart the device in the normal fashion by using a controller or Xbox headset etc. I can only start it again manually with the power button on the Xbox itself. (NO other titles I own behave in this manner, (in fact NO other title other than MSFS 2020 which has even been vastly improved itself has crashed any of my consoles, ever!! Just C22!))

It's as if C22 is causing such a severe or serious crash that the Xbox is literally shutting itself down as a last ditch hardware protection measure. (I can certainly recall multiple complaints of this title causing significant system overheating under this thread even when the game is more or less idle on all platforms, for example, (and multiple complaints of serious memory leaks etc. elsewhere too). C22 does seem to make the system run warm compared to other titles. I can play extremely high intensity titles such as MSFS 2020 & the device is literally easing through nothing more than lukewarm air throughout, but what should be a very low intensity title to a Series X such as C22 does cause excessive heat in direct comparison often just seconds after the game has actually been launched to the menus only & not even actively being played too.

Why is C22 apparently so resource hungry/intensive when it simply doesn't need to be in direct comparison to titles known to be extremely resource intensive?

Hester

County Cricketer

The reason your controller's (home) Xbox button suddenly starts flashing & you've lost all control is because it's just lost its connection with the Xbox itself as C22 crashes the device & causes the shut down. (It will continue to flash until it eventually times out by itself, you turn the controller off/pull the batteries yourself, or you power the Xbox itself back on again for the controller to reconnect. So, that explains your flashing home button as an after symptom & that's an expected behaviour considering rather than an oddity or a part of a cause ;).)

I use official Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers with the latest firmware myself, so it's not specifically a custom controller or a third party controller issue either. I've also experienced the same crashing behaviour while testing with a stock Series X controller, an older stock One X controller, or an older custom SCUF in use too, so, that pretty much discounts controllers as a cause as well I'm afraid :(. I've also experienced C22 crashing both with & without a Steelseries Arctis 9X headset connected & in use via Xbox link.

The Series X crashes are 100% random in timing. I've mainly had them happen during matches, but I've also experienced them while doing gym training, nets training, browsing the academy, or with the game simply idling at a menu etc. The only common theme is for C22 to be actively running in the foreground.

I do use "quick resume" but not always or all of the time, especially with C22 as it simply cannot be trusted. Consequently, I've experienced C22 exhibiting these nasty crashes after being launched via quick resume bith with & without any other titles also active in quick resume, when C22 has been launched after previously quitting the game normally, or even within minutes of starting C22 fresh following a complete sys hard reboot on a few occasions now too. So, even that's random with C22. (If I could get another title to even remotely behave in this way I'd return the Xbox for repair but try as hard as I can, I can't get any other titles to even exhibit any instability, let alone crash!! It's C22 & C22 alone causing this, & one of these days there'll I'll be with a burnt out PSU or worse, and/or a fried expansion SSD etc., & the associated repair/replacement costs.

Sadly, none of the above as far as a common link or theme is concerned. C22 of itself remains the ONLY common theme :(. I wish I could confirm some commonality for BA to investigate further for you but alas nothing raised so far holds any water mate!!

-----*****-----

Additional info...

When C22 hangs & then causes this insane crashing/shutdowns it's an outright hard power off! It's not just a typical bump back to the home screen or a simple soft off/sleep state. It causes this hard power off every single time which is why this is so worrying as that sort of behaviour can certainly damage hardware. (When the academy was so terribly unstable for all users/platforms then C22 would routinely crash out of the academy & just back to the Xbox home screen itself as it did for everyone else anyway.) Otherwise, C22 never crashes back to the home screen at any other time with the Series X as it always causes this hard crash.

Of additional note, once C22 crashes the Series X I cannot restart the device in the normal fashion by using a controller or Xbox headset etc. I can only start it again manually with the power button on the Xbox itself. (NO other titles I own behave in this manner, (in fact NO other title other than MSFS 2020 which has even been vastly improved itself has crashed any of my consoles, ever!! Just C22!))

It's as if C22 is causing such a severe or serious crash that the Xbox is literally shutting itself down as a last ditch hardware protection measure. (I can certainly recall multiple complaints of this title causing significant system overheating under this thread even when the game is more or less idle on all platforms, for example, (and multiple complaints of serious memory leaks etc. elsewhere too). C22 does seem to make the system run warm compared to other titles. I can play extremely high intensity titles such as MSFS 2020 & the device is literally easing through nothing more than lukewarm air throughout, but what should be a very low intensity title to a Series X such as C22 does cause excessive heat in direct comparison often just seconds after the game has actually been launched to the menus only & not even actively being played too.

Why is C22 apparently so resource hungry/intensive when it simply doesn't need to be in direct comparison to titles known to be extremely resource intensive?
Well written and thorough. Bigant don't give a toss though because, as Matt wrote, they can't replicate it.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well written and thorough. Bigant don't give a toss though because, as Matt wrote, they can't replicate it.
That makes no sense. Just because they can't replicate the issue doesn't mean they don't care. Hard to pinpoint and fix an issue if your own hardware can't replicate it.

cricboi

Club Captain
Trying to think of solutions to improve the LHB issue. Just going to spitball some (albeit, bad) ideas to see if we can find a temporary solution.

1) Don't play lefties. Not a great idea because you remove so many fun batters and you can't play with Australia or India (Pant/Jadeja in a test is always an extra 100+ runs at a SR of 150)
2) Switch sides during the match to set the fields for the AI. This might work, haven't tried it, but it seems a tedious and I wonder if they will just switch it after the next ball. Has anyone tried this? Can you make it stick?
3) Don't play shots to the open field. This one is hard too because sometimes I don't even want to look at the field and just play grounded shot. Also, sometimes the only shot you can play is towards the gaps, which means even playing super conservative gets you a 100+ strike rate in tests with LHB.
4) Just don't play sweeps behind the stumps. This is a bit easier than not playing shots entirely, but again, some balls are just dying for it and it requires discipline. Especially silly in T20 where these shots are common.
5) Don't play tests and hope you get a bit lucky with T20. This was my attitude last week and it wasn't the worst until you remember that playing tests is awesome and what are we even doing here.

Anyone else have ideas? I mean obviously they should just figure out why the AI can do well against one type of batter and not the other but in the meantime I'd love to figure something out on our own.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

-----*****-----

Additional info...

Superb post. I was just thinking what could it be. The controller really was a long shot but its not that which I expected. The quick resume is a shame. I noted in the early days of the console, Microsoft turned it off for some titles.

My video I captured only really caught the end as you don’t expect it when you’re just batting away. I cannot fathom how Big Ant cannot replicate it.

Yes I noted too you cannot turn the Xbox back on once it crashes with the controller. Shame we can see crash logs on the system.

Hester

County Cricketer
That makes no sense. Just because they can't replicate the issue doesn't mean they don't care. Hard to pinpoint and fix an issue if your own hardware can't replicate it.
My point is that, if they cared, they'd be able to replicate it. Just by playing the game or going through menus causes it to happen. What are they doing? Turning it on, playing for 5 minutes, no crash, oh look we can't replicate it?

People aren't lying about the crashing. It happens. It's going to end up breaking consoles. Expensive consoles that people struggled to buy. If my game was doing that I'd put out a statement recommending people don't play it and I'd have my team fix the god damn problem.

Bigant don't care. Actions speak louder than words.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
My point is that, if they cared, they'd be able to replicate it. Just by playing the game or going through menus causes it to happen. What are they doing? Turning it on, playing for 5 minutes, no crash, oh look we can't replicate it?

People aren't lying about the crashing. It happens. It's going to end up breaking consoles. Expensive consoles that people struggled to buy. If my game was doing that I'd put out a statement recommending people don't play it and I'd have my team fix the god damn problem.

Bigant don't care. Actions speak louder than words.
But I can’t replicate it after 5 minutes myself. I went days without it. It has got better but no idea what it is

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I've just had the bizarre experience in career mode of hitting a shot, it dribbling towards the boundary and none of the AI fielders reacting. Naturally it almost got to the ropes (you can see it resting just shy of the rope in the below) and we're all just standing there doing nowt. Had to back out and reload.

Otherwise I am really enjoying this new patch, I've not had any stupid dives and I've only seen one instance of overtthrows so hopefully this is the building block to keep the improvements coming. Kudos to BA with this one.

Screenshot 2022-04-02 092343.png

Hester

County Cricketer
But I can’t replicate it after 5 minutes myself. I went days without it. It has got better but no idea what it is
I'm not saying it happens after 5 minutes. I'm saying it's random, so that means, the more often and longer you play, the greater chance of the crash happening. That's just mathematics. If bigant cared, they'd be able to replicate it.

Users who are viewing this thread