Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
There are fielding we know, But more problem comes when every teams (either strong or lazy teams) fielders are lazy and drunk fielders.
The fielding is total atrocious, they dive for the ball but still look at it as if it is a foreign object and then twenty minutes (slight exaggeration) decide to throw it back in.

Vikas Maloo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How do we move the batsman around the crease after the ball has been delivered ? For example, if I want to hit a ball outside off stump towards the leg side, how do I get close to the pitching line of the ball such that I can hit it towards the leg side. I play offline multiplayer and it becomes very one dimensional to pack one side of the ground and bowl in that side

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
How do we move the batsman around the crease after the ball has been delivered ? For example, if I want to hit a ball outside off stump towards the leg side, how do I get close to the pitching line of the ball such that I can hit it towards the leg side. I play offline multiplayer and it becomes very one dimensional to pack one side of the ground and bowl in that side
You cant, you move just before the ball has been delivered, so hold your left stick in to the right, then let go just before the ball is delivered, your batsman will shoot across to the right and you can flick i over leg side (for a right hand batter)

Vikas Maloo

School Cricketer
You cant, you move just before the ball has been delivered, so hold your left stick in to the right, then let go just before the ball is delivered, your batsman will shoot across to the right and you can flick i over leg side (for a right hand batter)
Is this on arcade on pro controls ? Can you please tell for both. The way I understand it, what you are saying is we fix the direction of the shot based on the line of the ball and then let go of the direction button before the ball is delivered. Is my understanding correct ?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The fielding is total atrocious, they dive for the ball but still look at it as if it is a foreign object and then twenty minutes (slight exaggeration) decide to throw it back in.

More problem is that only small people of group raise this big issue of which gameplay effects , rather then they asking for Issue as Cloud in summer is more important

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
More problem is that only small people of group raise this big issue of which gameplay effects , rather then they asking for Issue as Cloud in summer is more important
Yes fielding is a joke currently. can run plenty of 4s, fielders in close toss the ball to the bowler in the middle of the pitch, who then sometimes doesnt gather, resulting in overthrows. Way too many free runs without much risk

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

Or the colour of the seat in stands

Yes fielding is a joke currently. can run plenty of 4s, fielders in close toss the ball to the bowler in the middle of the pitch, who then sometimes doesnt gather, resulting in overthrows. Way too many free runs without much risk
Thanks fellas we do need to address the lazy fielding some of the animations are great but the overall experience is bad.

I wonder if it will be picked up, not like a bug but a programming issue?

Hester

County Cricketer
Been continuing my test tournament and I'm winning most games by an innings. I can score around 450 on average, so am going to adjust the batting settings some more but the AI are still scoring too low, around 220 in 75- 80 overs.

I had the AI timing set to 60 with wicket chance at 40. The AI would never edge the ball to WK or slips, so I changed timing to 50 and saw edges. So now I'm thinking of reducing wicket chance to 30 but am worried that might effect edges.

Bizzarely, when I first played this game and had the AI set to medium, they would bat for 100 overs and score around 300 runs but on harder levels, they score fewer runs.

What do you guys have your test AI timing and wicket chance set to and are you seeing AI edges?

Edit: I should add that I have the AI on Veteran

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Been continuing my test tournament and I'm winning most games by an innings. I can score around 450 on average, so am going to adjust the batting settings some more but the AI are still scoring too low, around 220 in 75- 80 overs.

I had the AI timing set to 60 with wicket chance at 40. The AI would never edge the ball to WK or slips, so I changed timing to 50 and saw edges. So now I'm thinking of reducing wicket chance to 30 but am worried that might effect edges.

Bizzarely, when I first played this game and had the AI set to medium, they would bat for 100 overs and score around 300 runs but on harder levels, they score fewer runs.

What do you guys have your test AI timing and wicket chance set to and are you seeing AI edges?

Edit: I should add that I have the AI on Veteran
I leave all those on default values (50) in Tests, and I do get AI edges. On average the AI get +- 350 on Legend difficulty. I use Hardest bowling level.
I still however get too many AI run-outs even when run rate is on 30 - not sure what the ideal value is here?

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
I leave all those on default values (50) in Tests, and I do get AI edges. On average the AI get +- 350 on Legend difficulty. I use Hardest bowling level.
I still however get too many AI run-outs even when run rate is on 30 - not sure what the ideal value is here?
That's strange. I have AI run rate at 35 and haven't had a run out in the last 4 innings since experimenting with it between 15 and 50.
It seems a lot of us are getting very different results with AI run outs

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
That's strange. I have AI run rate at 35 and haven't had a run out in the last 4 innings since experimenting with it between 15 and 50.
It seems a lot of us are getting very different results with AI run outs
it's a regular occurrence for me - I had as many as 4 suicidal runouts in one innings during the last test match I played. The high percentage of direct hits from the outfielders doesn't help the matter either

Users who are viewing this thread