Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Mr Snrub

International Coach
@wasteyouryouth : It's not only about batting mate, even when bowling with auto fielding this will add some uncertainty. I am aware of the fact that not playing the game at all is the best solution to all the bugs.
Random dropped catches aren't really an answer. It'd probably have to be based on the players skills in relation to catching, how hard or fast the ball had been hit, how low or high it is in relation to the catcher. If there is some way the game can calculate these things and then produce drops in relation to the relevant data, then seeing a few more drops would be a good thing, but certainly not random.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Fielders reaction timing needed to be set differently based on the situation and positions... Close fielders, fielders at boundary, slip, keeper and running backwards all happen at same pace... If you hit a ball in the air, fielder settle in that place way before and take a sip of tea and catch the easily...

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hello all hope you are well. A question: I cant change the resolution of the game. I change it in the menu but whenever I change anything in the graphics section it refuses to save those changes once I restart. Did a (lazy) search to no avail. Any ideas? I have redownloaded Cricket 19 in the meantime and as far as I can tell it is a btter game anyway but I would like to try this game out again.

Does anyone know where the ini and save data is kept of the game?

Last edited:

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
For Cricket 22 it's in the Saved Games folder

Hello
Mr One post. :wave

Hope you're doing well.
I am doing well actually! you too?

Is it the same folder as Cricket 19 and other games (Its called My Games on my PC)?? but its not showing up in there even though all my other steam games are....very wierd! Oh wait....found it!

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
The fielding is woeful in this game: havent played it a while and its the one big let down. I remember earlier patches being better. Cricket 19 is much better in that regard. Well to be frank DB 14 is better in that regard. It really needs a shake-up. I see the promised open communication has dried up again.

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
My PS4 just did an update, after restarting C22 is doing version 1.38 update at 27.465 GB, anyone else know of an update, haven't seen any chat about it

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Dear @MattW @JNT BA ,
The AI fielders never miss a single catch. This is so unrealistic. One can expect 1 out of 10 catches to be missed. My experience is based on limited over matches only. Please make AI drop a small percentage of catches in the game for realism sake.

They've broken the AI catching on almost every patch released, fix it, only to then break it again with the next patch anyway. As a result the game has been in a state of the AI catching everything & never dropping most of the time & the current patch is yet again back to the Ashes Cricket (17) catch all system.

All AI catch chances are currently 100% guaranteed again. (I've been testing this in the stand alone Ashes, T20 & ODI world series tournaments & a career mode, & they're all affected. I can deliberately hit every shot in the air & not one is ever dropped regardless of a respective fielders catching stats or any other factor.)

Additionally, fielders are also now positioning themselves either ten yards short of some arial shots so the ball sails cleanly over their heads when they jump to make a catch, or they're actually positioning themselves outside of the rope on some smaller grounds to make a catch for six.

There's definitely been improvement on previous patches again but things just seem completely back out of synch again with regards to the fielding in particular which seems to receive very little attention indeed when it comes to testing before a patch is released.

Users who are viewing this thread