Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
:lolSo who is going to be the wicketkeeper for the Aussies? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I’m a big fan of Josh Inglis! Think he should be in the T20 squad ahead of Finch for sure. Carey is the other option, he’s been around the setup for a while and is a classy player. Wouldn’t be surprised if Paine starts and then is dropped when England go 3-0 up

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Would tend to agree.. but there must be some kind of data that proves it works.
Potentially situation like.. little timmy isn’t aware it’s coming out. Sees advert, ah yeah I want that and can buy it straight away.
Rather than little timmy sees advert wants it but can’t as it’s released in two weeks. Forgets about it. Life gets in the way doesn’t bother in the end.

Although to be fair judging by some posts in here life isn’t an issue haha!

Haha yeah this is what I mean regarding your last sentence in particular, the people who really love cricket are going to buy the game, but I guess on the other hand there is probably a bunch of literal kids who will nag mum or dad for the game.

I suppose I forget how different it must be for today's youngsters where there's so much option and choice, whereas when I was younger I'd spend all summer looking at 3 screenshots from ps2 magazine or something and just imagining how it'd be to play

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Haha yeah this is what I mean regarding your last sentence in particular, the people who really love cricket are going to buy the game, but I guess on the other hand there is probably a bunch of literal kids who will nag mum or dad for the game.

I suppose I forget how different it must be for today's youngsters where there's so much option and choice, whereas when I was younger I'd spend all summer looking at 3 screenshots from ps2 magazine or something and just imagining how it'd be to play
Yeah, worth considering we're talking about a game on a forum where (in this thread) it's the only thing discussed.

This board and the people on it aren't representative of the population as a whole. We're all converts, we're going to buy and most just want a trailer to see more of something they already want.

A trailer aimed at non-forum folk people would need to be vastly different (fun, accessible, understandable) to you or I (realistic, deep, nuanced). Neither is likely to be all that happy with the other, either.

So in essence, it's not just about a trailer, but the "right" trailer as well.

I'd guess forum folk probably only make up a small amount of total sales, but like, 90% of the hype and conversation. Tough balance.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Haha yeah..
Theres plenty of students my place who would buy it but don’t know it exists until I mention it!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just read the thread title and thought of this lol. I won't mention it again:
(Language warning)

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Legit question not trolling but how come there isn't a proper gameplay video or trailer of some sort? Like what's the logic behind it and were all previous releases like this?

I understand some people say to capture peoples short attention spans but let's be honest, no one is impulse buying a cricket game unless you're a cricket fan... I don't see trailer for NHL and think "damn I need to buy it". Because I remember one guy here said they haven't released a trailer because little timmy needs to see a trailer the day before or after release so they buy the game. It's not like fps games where you can impulse try them
This is my main worry. That the focus for this game is making the game appealing to the casual fan by hyping up new animations, new modes, more licenses etc, rather than focusing on producing something that best resembles the game in real life.

I really hope I'm wrong but the silence on whether some really critical gameplay flaws in 19 have been sorted is deafening. We had a few snippets during the Mike Merran interview but I can't say I came out of that overly convinced that this time next week I'll be playing a proper cricket game and not just C19.2

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nice. Didn't know the game came in a steel case.
If I recall correctly I didn’t buy the steel book but big ant sent the box to me as a thanks for being in the beta.

I got rid of the actual game when i traded in my xbox360 for a PS4 so now I’ve got the steel box but no game.

ps5 arrived today, so next week will be my third generation of BA games!

Gentoras

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If I recall correctly I didn’t buy the steel book but big ant sent the box to me as a thanks for being in the beta.

I got rid of the actual game when i traded in my xbox360 for a PS4 so now I’ve got the steel box but no game.

ps5 arrived today, so next week will be my third generation of BA games!
Also didn't buy the steel case either.

Ross was still very much active in here, it was sent to me because of the delays with the distribution to South Africa.

It was a "sorry Mate" kinda thing

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
This is my main worry. That the focus for this game is making the game appealing to the casual fan by hyping up new animations, new modes, more licenses etc, rather than focusing on producing something that best resembles the game in real life.

I really hope I'm wrong but the silence on whether some really critical gameplay flaws in 19 have been sorted is deafening. We had a few snippets during the Mike Merran interview but I can't say I came out of that overly convinced that this time next week I'll be playing a proper cricket game and not just C19.2

What are the critical gameplay flaws of 19 in your opinion? Let's hope it's not the case but yeah all in all - no gameplay video, no gameplay trailer and not much focus on any gameplay related stuff besides controls and new modes doesn't look great but maybe it's what's needed to entice casuals.

I didn't own 19 but it doesn't look like a bad game at all so I'm remaining optimistic that 22 will be a good game

Wealey

ICC Board Member
What are the critical gameplay flaws of 19 in your opinion? Let's hope it's not the case but yeah all in all - no gameplay video, no gameplay trailer and not much focus on any gameplay related stuff besides controls and new modes doesn't look great but maybe it's what's needed to entice casuals.

I didn't own 19 but it doesn't look like a bad game at all so I'm remaining optimistic that 22 will be a good game
Issue is.. no trailer etc is going to give anyone a clue about AI awareness.

Or how the pitches will change throughout the 5 days.

But to be honest I know the guys making the game are aware of these things so I guess have to trust!

Users who are viewing this thread