Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great to hear that player creations tool will be released.
Wish if somebody can upload a video of player creation using playface.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I feel like there's a really cool way you could do a gameplay trailer like the Banjo videos but cutting to him playing in various match situations: eg - seeing off the new ball / middle over domination / batting with the tail. They could quickly show the field/the line the AI was bowling. You don't need to go on about it but even fun references like 'Get onto the boundary boys!' or 'The slips are going to gobble me up' are enough to both appeal to your average fan and us who are really looking for the nuances of how the AI behave.

It's an interesting headache as few sports go on for long enough for the AI to need multiple different tactics. The above does sound pretty dry as well but I'm pretty sure you could liven it up enough to make a good video!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I feel like there's a really cool way you could do a gameplay trailer like the Banjo videos but cutting to him playing in various match situations: eg - seeing off the new ball / middle over domination / batting with the tail. They could quickly show the field/the line the AI was bowling. You don't need to go on about it but even fun references like 'Get onto the boundary boys!' or 'The slips are going to gobble me up' are enough to both appeal to your average fan and us who are really looking for the nuances of how the AI behave.

It's an interesting headache as few sports go on for long enough for the AI to need multiple different tactics. The above does sound pretty dry as well but I'm pretty sure you could liven it up enough to make a good video!
Please I don't want to see anymore of that freak even if its at the cost of seeing gameplay footage :p

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
What are the critical gameplay flaws of 19 in your opinion? Let's hope it's not the case but yeah all in all - no gameplay video, no gameplay trailer and not much focus on any gameplay related stuff besides controls and new modes doesn't look great but maybe it's what's needed to entice casuals.

I didn't own 19 but it doesn't look like a bad game at all so I'm remaining optimistic that 22 will be a good game
19 isn't a bad game at all, it's a very good game and arguably the best cricket game ever.

However in terms of gameplay flaws there are some things that I think are probably pretty easy to implement that aren't there. To name a few...

Pitch doesn't deteriorate during the game
weather doesn't affect the game in any way
game is not affected by the part of the world it's being played in
AI makes non-sensical decisions, e.g. bowling to leg stump around the wicket which is stupid enough but even more so with an offside field
AI changing field for every ball
AI reacting to the match situation (e.g. digging in when in trouble)
lack of variety of dismissal, particularly in red ball cricket
fielders throwing loopy throws to the keeper
4 byes every time you bowl short
AI run rate far too high in red ball cricket, including your partner batsman

I could go on.

And yet despite this it's a cracking game, just think how perfect it would be with these changes sorted. I know the money is in getting new users and attracting them through funky modes and licenses but I'd happily play an identical game to C19 that had these changes. But then again I'm not the target market any more as your casual gamer probably loads up a T20 and starts trying to hit 6s and wouldn't even notice all of the above.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Crassus Nice thanks for the post, it's actually nice to see that those are the worst problems and like you said very fixable if they chose to do so.

But who knows how long they work on the game and something tells me this stuff you mentioned would take longer than implemting new modes and licences :(

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Crassus Nice thanks for the post, it's actually nice to see that those are the worst problems and like you said very fixable if they chose to do so.

But who knows how long they work on the game and something tells me this stuff you mentioned would take longer than implemting new modes and licences :(
If they are fixed we are in for a treat…

Users who are viewing this thread