Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I would buy the game and find time late evenings to edit files if they became available. I think it was mainly protecting IP etc as to why this has never happened?

As a consumer what you state makes perfect sense to me, maybe I would see it differently as a developer?

when admittedly younger I spent hours editing config files and fields and I had so much much playing. I did make new default fields for DBC 17 (I think?) and thought they were a great improvement (obvs :p) but for whatever reason they never made it to final release

I understand why devs/publishers don't open up the game - have mentioned it an earlier post. But IMO that's the only way I see cricket gaming progress. We've had enough kicks at the can and have seen multiple developers/publishers have a go at it and we're still struggling.

Whether that happens or not is a different story, but I don't have too much faith in Big Ant to nail cricket gaming. They may have the right intentions but I don't think they will ever be able to replicate the sport of cricket. DBC 14 is the closest they came to doing so along with Cricket 19, and with Cricket 22 it's clear they want to cater to casual gamers. When you release a game with forward defensive shot missing, and unable to drive the ball through covers against pacers, it says a lot and sends a clear message in which direction they're heading.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bowling-wise this is the least satisfying game since DBC14 released and there were no edges.

So heavily scripted and little drama, and the intrusive run out mechanic. No dismissal variety.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bowling-wise this is the least satisfying game since DBC14 released and there were no edges.

So heavily scripted and little drama, and the intrusive run out mechanic. No dismissal variety.
I just had a game where an inside edge was caught at fine leg

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Typical C19 stuff, lol

One more info from the new patch...

Outfield catches are happening. But but 2 out of 4. Some improvement :)

Plus the sound of players after taking a wicket is back.
In tests or FC?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
There is a ‘type’ of competition designer in there, I’ve just set up a 2 match test series NZ v WI

Seems different to C19, possibly not as in depth, but was definitely there
Yeah thanks. Think I clocked that but it’s just preset two-match Test series etc isn’t it, or 4-team T10 KO?

In previous games we could create for example a 16-team league in any format with Quarter-Finals etc. Wanted to do T10 World Cup and own version of Test Championship. I’ll have another look at what’s there but fingers crossed for Competition Designer. You could choose the trophy and points per win etc too.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's on ps5.. my bad. I see very less to no direct hits and some AI changing field aggressively... And FPS is stable. Getting better I would say? Just played one match though...
Some Frame drops I observed on PS5 after this update. FPS drops occurring at fielders and keeper when they hold the ball.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So... I progressed to county in career mode. I had the AI strike rate to 60/100, once in a while when I bowl short or pull they play some agressive shot. Not all then are air borne but still.

I meant in white ball or red ball cricket did you get the catches?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England

It’s such a shame. I’ve always raved about how good the bowling was in previous games, the absolute thrill of caught behind, LBW and bowled. It never felt like a chore or just waiting to bat (Okay, maybe after 120 overs in the field!). I hope to still get something out of this game but the current state is frustrating… particularly when I’ve designed some ridiculously good kits!

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yeah thanks. Think I clocked that but it’s just preset two-match Test series etc isn’t it, or 4-team T10 KO?

In previous games we could create for example a 16-team league in any format with Quarter-Finals etc. Wanted to do T10 World Cup and own version of Test Championship. I’ll have another look at what’s there but fingers crossed for Competition Designer. You could choose the trophy and points per win etc too.
Yeah that’s the one and same here, I created all that stuff on 19. This is just the bare bones of it sadly

Users who are viewing this thread