Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for the response!

Batting (bowling)/ running (fielding) cam:
Broadcast 1/ Broadcast 3
Broadcast 2/Broadcast 3
Fixed far/ Broadcast 3

I can definitely say that these combos have the jerk at the point the batter hits the ball, but that was not the case in cricket 19- it feels very smooth in that game. I think all broadcast cams have this issue. The only combo I could find that was okay was when I put running camera as "Fielding 3" but that's not a broadcast angle, and so I usually don't play with it.

I Use FIXED FAR / BroadCast 2

In Broadcast 3 when Batsman hits the bowl and when fielder throws, there is jurk , although Broadcast 3 looks good

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
I Use FIXED FAR / BroadCast 2

In Broadcast 3 when Batsman hits the bowl and when fielder throws, there is jurk , although Broadcast looks good
Oh okay. Yeah, I'm actually talking about the point at which batsman hits the ball. I'm sure that's not smooth for you either? Like, don't you feel you're not able to see the batsman executing the shot properly- as in, as smoothly as you were in cricket 19?

Edit- okay I got it, you mean I can get rid of jerk by using Fixed Far/ Broadcast 2. Will try this, thanks! But this issue still needs to be looked at, imo because in cricket 19 I used to play with fixed far/ broadcast 3 or broadcast 1/ broadcast 3 and it was smooth

Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I’m not getting any edges with pace bowlers in tests. Haven’t tried shorter formats but will post as soon as I play some. Last test match all wickets taken by spinners. Well in the last innings as I continued after the latest patch.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Oh okay. Yeah, I'm actually talking about the point at which batsman hits the ball. I'm sure that's not smooth for you either? Like, don't you feel you're not able to see the batsman executing the shot properly- as in, as smoothly as you were in cricket 19?

Edit- okay I got it, you mean I can get rid of jerk by using Fixed Far/ Broadcast 2. Will try this, thanks! But this issue still needs to be looked at, imo because in cricket 19 I used to play with fixed far/ broadcast 3 or broadcast 1/ broadcast 3 and it was smooth

broadcast 3 is best camera but there is jurk at he time batsman hit and fielder throws the bowl ,This need to look into Have you create a ticket on this , that why I use other as broadcast 2 which is smooth

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
@MattW what is it that BA don’t understand about spin bounce that is too low? I’m playing on a hard pitch with spin bounce on 80 and still it hits the pad under knee high. I think the sliders are broken again. 1 patch 3 bugs

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I just tried the new patch and I'm unable to time any shot even on medium difficulty. It seems there is something wrong with the batter's reaction to input given by us (seems to be some lag). Can anyone else test this?
Had the same issue on ps5

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@MattW what is it that BA don’t understand about spin bounce that is too low? I’m playing on a hard pitch with spin bounce on 80 and still it hits the pad under knee high. I think the sliders are broken again. 1 patch 3 bugs

They completely broke pitch bounce again in the career mode with spin bowlers either with the patch before last (1598 on Series X) or it may have even been the patch before that.

Having said that, I haven't tested any other game modes since they broke it or fast bowlers either to know if they also have broken pitch bounce(???).

Abcd9994

Club Captain
broadcast 3 is best camera but there is jurk at he time batsman hit and fielder throws the bowl ,This need to look into Have you create a ticket on this , that why I use other as broadcast 2 which is smooth
Yep already raised a ticket! Hope it gets sorted soon, in addition to the other issues..

Ragz

Club Cricketer
Can anyone who has played the game after today's patch confirm if backfoot square cuts are fixed?

Or is the game still automatically choosing to play a late cut for us instead of the desired square cuts.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
It feels like my custom sliders don't work. Game is stuck on default sliders (in career mode). Anyone else having this problem?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It feels like my custom sliders don't work. Game is stuck on default sliders (in career mode). Anyone else having this problem?

It seems as if some changes made with custom sliders work immediately but others aren't changing unless there's a specific event (like a change of bowler etc.).

It also appears that they've fixed the broken bounce with the 1634 patch from spinners but as a result they've now broken pitch bounce from fast bowlers instead.

Honestly, we just can't win!!

caprikaps

Club Captain
Can anyone who has played the game after today's patch confirm if backfoot square cuts are fixed?

Or is the game still automatically choosing to play a late cut for us instead of the desired square cuts.
Still broken - it plays forceful Automatic late cuts and the timing has taken a hit with this patch, you have to play early for an good/ideal timing or else everything is late/mistimed. Needs a lot of practice to time well.

Users who are viewing this thread