Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just dont understand why the licensed teams do not look like the real life counterparts, considering the ultimate dlc was released during the covid as well and that had much better looking West Indian team, I appreciate the additions and how academy has good options but lack of beta testing and the weird decision to launch the game without licensed players likeness is something I dont understand and judging from the videos only hope is patches can fix it else this seems like the least polished product released by big ant

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
The more I've played it the more it feels like a rushed unfinished game

Bar the graphics its a masisve downgrade on C19. Less features ( no test championship ), awful fielding, poor comms and ridiculous shots

Out of all their games this seems to be worse "base" game and how Big Ant have form for making the games worse after a patch (Ashes) it doesn't look good for the future

What happened to Ashes after patches? I played it around release and even back then I remember there were issues, ODI matches were good for bowling, I'd get edges and varied dismissals but in tests no chance of getting them out, not even a hint...Saying that I loaded up AC17 yesterday and played and odi with me bowling first and the AI is currently at 200-0 after 30 overs, not a single edge, not a single chance or anything...

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia

looks like we may be getting another patch

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I felt compelled to re-register to write one post, having now tried this game. I now understand why there was no beta process involving people from previous games ( at least that was the case until I stepped out after there being zero communication and when I questioned that, was met only with arrogance and anger). This really is one of the most dissapointing games I have ever played. It is a downgrade from Cricket 19, the menus are clumsy and not intuitive at all. The lists and lists and lists and lists we put together to improve the game have just been ignored. The game is catered for smash and grab both in terms of cricket and commercially. Where is the innovation, where is the revamp of fielding? What is actually new? Visually it looks poor and it plays worse than Cricket 19 did, albeit after numerous patches. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect something so obviously copy pasted; even all the cut scenes for Gods sake are exactly the same. Bland, unappealing in every respect. Mike Athertons glum commentary sums it up. Sorry for the unasked for rant but it really is poor. To think that when DBC 14 came out I was dreaming how far a cricket game would come after 5 or 6 iterations. Hopefully another developer will emerge that is willing to do the game justice. And to those who think I am just being pedantic and dramatic (like always), I don't care. To anyone who gets some joy out of this game I wish you genuinely all the best. Big Ant used to be a great company and a great presence on the forums. It's all in the past, just like the quality of their game. Dutch over and out.
This is the presence that is missed.
hope to see you back around

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is the presence that is missed.
hope to see you back around

The papal smoke is coming from the chimney. Dutch is in the house.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just watched.. Sherry bowl an innings to the AI in T20..

Not a single 6 was hit. Both batsmen were on 60* and just knocked single about till the end.

WHY WHY… has the AI not been improved

sashu_91

County Cricketer
The more I've played it the more it feels like a rushed unfinished game

Bar the graphics its a masisve downgrade on C19. Less features ( no test championship ), awful fielding, poor comms and ridiculous shots

Out of all their games this seems to be worse "base" game and how Big Ant have form for making the games worse after a patch (Ashes) it doesn't look good for the future
Do you recommend purchasing this highly anticipated game

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just watched.. Sherry bowl an innings to the AI in T20..

Not a single 6 was hit. Both batsmen were on 60* and just knocked single about till the end.

WHY WHY… has the AI not been improved

Because it doesn't sell copies is all I can think of. I can't even get a ring or outfield catch in an ODI now haha

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Trailer is out now!

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Trailer is out now!

The trailer saying OUT NOW but if you pre ordered in Aus digitally you can't access and on the store it still lists pre order only. This entire experience from the delay to all these issues with a pre release and unpatched versions has not left a glowing endorsement on the game so far.

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I just dont understand why the licensed teams do not look like the real life counterparts, considering the ultimate dlc was released during the covid as well and that had much better looking West Indian team, I appreciate the additions and how academy has good options but lack of beta testing and the weird decision to launch the game without licensed players likeness is something I dont understand and judging from the videos only hope is patches can fix it else this seems like the least polished product released by big ant
Dissappointed to see lack of real playface for nz and ireland teams. Also hoped to see real domestic teams from the lisenced boards of nz, wi and ire.

Users who are viewing this thread