Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Oh I have no doubts it will be fixed. That's not my point.

My point is that if such a glaring error has been made on one of the basics of the game then it's probably unrealistic to expect that the little details in test match cricket have been put in.

If someone that has played a full test or even simmed one could put me out of my misery and tell me that Indian pitches spin, Aussie pitches bounce fast and English pitches swing round corners I'd be a very happy man

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Shouldnt it be the same for every xbox user..
Worst part is no one guiding as i asked big ant support as well but still of no avail….

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Bugs aside, may I ask what has actually been added compared to Cricket 19 that is new? Some new bowling animations (which are admittedly cool)? Some online mode I'll never play?

This honestly feels more like a FIFA kind of incremental entry where they update the rosters and put in a few minor features. The difference though is that new FIFA entries don't break the game like removing a forward defense or the ability to take quick singles, i.e. pretty fundamental cricket things.

ndschan

Club Captain
You can't defend in this game can you. Also thanks to the game, it's easy to notice now that pat Cummins action is like the air blob in front of the car dealership.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Stadium Creator and Tour mode will he patched in as Ross confirmed via his tweet

I know this was a few hours ago now, but this is good to see. Here's hoping the delay in getting them into the game means there are tangible improvements to both. The look and feel of the career club grounds gives me some hope for some extra goodies in Stadium Creator. Be nice to add some extra details to the county grounds I did for 19. :yes

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know this was a few hours ago now, but this is good to see. Here's hoping the delay in getting them into the game means there are tangible improvements to both. The look and feel of the career club grounds gives me some hope for some extra goodies in Stadium Creator. Be nice to add some extra details to the county grounds I did for 19. :yes
I’d be more inclined to assume that given they were ok to release the game without a forward defensive and player likenesses as drawn by a 5 year old, imagine the dire state of the stuff they wouldn’t put out

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I’d be more inclined to assume that given they were ok to release the game without a forward defensive and player likenesses as drawn by a 5 year old, imagine the dire state of the stuff they wouldn’t put out
I get what you're saying, but it did release with the forward defensive. With the first patch yesterday it was absolutely fine (at least on PC). It was the second patch yesterday that killed it for whatever reason. Evidently, that second patch was barely (if at all) tested before being pushed out, which is inexcusable when such a fundamental part of the game has been broken by it.

As for the player likenesses for a lot of licensed players and various other things? It is very, very poor. I'm certainly not defending them here.

The whole thing definitely feels like it's been rushed out, as seems typical for game releases in this day and age.

Users who are viewing this thread