Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hope the ball physics change doesn't come to Xbox yet,really enjoying the game,currently 142 for 1 after 55 overs of the first ashes test.
Digging in but finding it really hard to beat the infield,great stuff.
My thoughts as well, as much as I’m still playing on an older version, I’ll take it for now if it means the bowling is half decent

Akki_0271

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When all teams will be available for replace in academy (replace all- nothing is happening )

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I've been told that sometimes when you fix something in the game it can lead to/cause other bugs so even if they didn't explicitly change it, it's very possible that whatever the fixed was, it has had a knock on effect.
That seems to be the theme, probably need to slow down the rate of patches and get each patch right. However they seem committed to getting these patches out asap. Hopefully once most bugs are fixed that will start to happen less.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Ball physics seem fine to me

I've been told that sometimes when you fix something in the game it can lead to/cause other bugs so even if they didn't explicitly change it, it's very possible that whatever the fixed was, it has had a knock on effect.
Yeah this happens but Ross has said they didn't make any changes... Its like they're not aware this happens and because no official or intended change was made they won't look into it

Also why does it feel like half the sliders work and many don't?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Guys.. anyone able to supply some clips of what they are perceiving to be change in ball physics!?
Post automatically merged:

Definitely happens..

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
That seems to be the theme, probably need to slow down the rate of patches and get each patch right. However they seem committed to getting these patches out asap. Hopefully once most bugs are fixed that will start to happen less.
They are looking to get the basics right by fast patching. Missing out on minor details in between. This is initial fire fighting.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What’s changed on the physics from your observation? I only had 10 minutes this morning so can’t tell much
Its hard to explain. When facing pace bowling (career mode), the ball really flew through, you actually had to react quickly. And the ball had weight to playing it, like a heavy ball. It zipped through to the keeper. It was really nice. Blocking, playing shots, the ball behaved almost like real life so to speak. It was really challenging.

Since the patch, it feels like bowlers are slower, ball bounce is like tennis ball (bowlers bowling, and blocking a shot - think cricket 19). Doesn't zip through to the keeper really anymore.

Sorry if I can't explain it well, I wish I had footage to compare but I don't.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Definitely mate, I was QA on Lego Batman (little plug there) and the amount of times fixing something little led to something bigger breaking was silly

Its hard to explain. When facing pace bowling (career mode), the ball really flew through, you actually had to react quickly. And the ball had weight to playing it, like a heavy ball. It zipped through to the keeper. It was really nice. Blocking, playing shots, the ball behaved almost like real life so to speak. It was really challenging.

Since the patch, it feels like bowlers are slower, ball bounce is like tennis ball (bowlers bowling, and blocking a shot - think cricket 19). Doesn't zip through to the keeper really anymore.

Feels like you are constantly facing those pesky medium pacers from C19 haha

CraigMc24

Club Captain
They are looking to get the basics right by fast patching. Missing out on minor details in between. This is initial fire fighting.
Yeah I get it, definitely seems to be the theme for big ant in recent years though. However I think Covid has only made things worse and the fact they even got a decent game out should be applauded.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Definitely mate, I was QA on Lego Batman (little plug there) and the amount of times fixing something little led to something bigger breaking was silly

Feels like you are constantly facing those pesky medium pacers from C19 haha
One of my first jobs was QA and some other stuff on a game way back. Won't say what around here though, otherwise I'll get messaged to buggery lol :spy

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Its like they're not aware this happens and because no official or intended change was made they won't look into it
That wouldn't be the conclusion to draw. It's a more important thing to look into if something is different when there was no plan to change it - however we need a reliable and 1 to 1 comparison, because it's much worse to make a change to try and attempt to fix a problem that didn't actually exist.

Each match in cricket is different, every patch that has ever been put out people make claims about things that 'feel' different, or make comments about discovering things that have been in the game the entire time, but because their first experience of it is on a new patch, they put it down to the patch. Something 'feeling' different is about the hardest thing to pinpoint if there's no intentional change, as it's something subjective, everyone's "feel" is different to everyone else - which is why it looks like some people are commenting they don't have this problem.

All the feedback is valuable, going via the support site is the most directly triaged, and allows us more directly to contact you back if save data or more info would assist, but then discussion boards help find the difference between one person's experience and a more collective view that something isn't right. It's all useful.

Harigoks

County Cricketer

+1

The ball on bat doesn't seem to be heavier any more. Your controller would tremble and you can almost feel it. I guess the heaviness is what taken off with the patch though.

Users who are viewing this thread