Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@WealeyH Is that video with the bounce lowered? Also if I lower bounce mid match will it have any impact?

Oh and a question I want to ask, I use arcade controls for bowling I pitch it outside off for a left hander so the ball swings in, both my inputs read good/ideal yet the ball is going to leg stump...do I need to compensate for the swing or something with aftertouch?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH Is that video with the bounce lowered? Also if I lower bounce mid match will it have any impact?

Oh and a question I want to ask, I use arcade controls for bowling I pitch it outside off for a left hander so the ball swings in, both my inputs read good/ideal yet the ball is going to leg stump...do I need to compensate for the swing or something with aftertouch?

Yeah just start it a little further outside off..
Yes that was with bounce lowered!

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Wow bowling and fielding is really horrible. The timing window for Broad is especially dodgy and all the fielding is just sluggish and much worse than C19.

D

Deleted member 193590

Wow bowling and fielding is really horrible. The timing window for Broad is especially dodgy and all the fielding is just sluggish and much worse than C19.
Haven't bowled yet with Broad,but I struggle with Archers timing,it's really quick.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

The fast bowling is absolutely awful unfortunately. (Xbox One X at least.)

My first Ashes series at one point i was able to bowl endless no balls without penalty or consequence & the bug that affected the early release nets challenge (ball release input not triggering) is also in the main game too & was never fixed for release. Eventually some no balls did begin to be properly recognised but even then 3 out of 4 still weren't.

Have reported them as bugs as they're ultimately game breaking but a fix is unlikely anytime soon anyway :(.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've been playin career (PC Steam) since the launch and had some pretty good matches. Yes there is a fair amount of bugs but should be fixable.

Issues I found so far:
1. Overthrows similar to Cricket 19
2. Boundaries are too easy (Adjusted the shot force to 20)
3. Batsmen sometimes hover in and outside crease.
4. Bounce on hard pitch is way too high (Adjusted pitch bounce to 40)
5. Silly movements by fielders. Sometimes kicking ball around instead of picking it up.
6. Some sliders not having any effect when changed. (Under bowling difficulty)

Positives:
Some great catches in field and slips.
Love the different shot types.
Great aggression from AI in T20 and 50 overs when batting. (Veteran Hard settings)

Hopefully next patch will resolve a couple of these issues mentioned.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Secondly for everyone I highly highly recommended smashing down you pitch bounce to 25-35 depending on what pitch type you want. This stopped the AI playing off the back shot regularly. Infact unless I dropped it short they played everything off the front foot. It also eliminated any uppercut or weird shots.
This. Ive just played a few overs on 30 pitch bounce and it plays much better, as you say, mostly gone is back foot mania and silly shots to balls they should be getting forward to.

Great tip - one we all should follow.
Post automatically merged:

Haven't bowled yet with Broad,but I struggle with Archers timing,it's really quick.
Not just me that noticed that then!

Its far quicker than anyone else ive bowled with yet so far, but i like the fact not all the quicks have the exact same timing needed - brings more of a challenge.

zayno

Club Captain
on xbox one s in batting settings even when i set ball marker display time to 100 , it only show on the pitch when the AI bowler releases the ball from his hand.

eddo_1025

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good to see Big Ant changed the batting gloves from the ugly blue design to a more nuanced colour combination depending on individual bat colours. Nice subtle touch.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
on xbox one s in batting settings even when i set ball marker display time to 100 , it only show on the pitch when the AI bowler releases the ball from his hand.
On Steam as well. I think that's just how the game plays for now. We can only change the amount of time for which the circle around the ball is shown. The pitch marker only shows up at the point of release irrespective of your difficulty settings. I personally hope they change it, don't know if it's in their plans...

Apart from that, there are 3 more points I hope they look into:

1. Different pacers seem to have different release timing window (in standard controls). I was playing with England and found it impossible to get an ideal release bowling with Jimmy Anderson or Stuart Broad. I didn't find this issue with Chris Woakes/ Stokes/ Robinson. Idk if they intended to make it like that or not, I don't like it at all :(

2. AI fielders still dropping too many catches. Atleast on the higher difficulties like veteran/ legend, dropped catch should be rare imo.

3. I just feel that while batting, the broadcast cameras are not as nice as they were in Cricket 19. In that game, I always used to bat with Fixed Far and Broadcast 3. Once the batter hit the ball, the camera transition was really smooth, no jerk. I just think that there is some jerk right now in this game, when using the broadcast cameras while batting. The cameras that are behind the batter (batting far etc) seem so smooth, but the cameras in front are not so smooth imo, while batting.

Sorry for the long post would really appreciate people's thoughts/ observations on these points.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Good to see Big Ant changed the batting gloves from the ugly blue design to a more nuanced colour combination depending on individual bat colours. Nice subtle touch.
I recall seeing that all batsmen had the same dark blue colored gloves earlier, doesn't affect gameplay but wasn't good to see... Do you mean they have fixed this issue in the latest patch?

Users who are viewing this thread