Cricket 22 General Impressions

Ramz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having read the impressions from other users it seems Cricket 22 is just Cricket 19.5 with updated graphics and updated rosters with few tweaks here and there and updated career mode nothing ground breaking maybe with future patches it will be I guess. Just really surprised stadium creator is removed? I hope they patch that in and also ive read that create a tour mode isnt either there could be wrong?

If those two modes are removed then that would absolutely suck and the silence on why there not there is questionable? Hoping someone can shed some light onto this would appreciate it? @MattW

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
The more i play, the more i think the running and fielding is borderline broken.

The batting and bowling is generally fine, save for the odd shot selection, and could do with more ring and outfield catches (though i have seen some) but the fielding...

Just playing an ODI, WI v Aus in Barbados (the Kensington Oval is very nicely done to be fair) and the AI must have given me 30 runs plus just from overthrows and shying at the stumps which then flies to the boundary.

Im enjoying the game but i already feel im going to have to put it down until the running between wickets (costs me 3/4 wickets a game getting run out on what should be easy singles because the striker doesnt move for an hour after playing the stroke) and fielding is fixed, as currently it ruins all the good work in the batsman/bowler battle.

Theres the bones of a really good game here but its got these two glaring mechanics in the running and fielding which, as i say, are essentially broken.

Bit of a killer for a cricket game.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Hobbi07 I think I was being a bit harsh, after completing the innings the lighting got better throughout the match. Just the initial 10 overs or so looked odd to me but after playing more the graphics do look really nice!

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Fielding is shocking. Commentary was annoying me when playing a test match and the commentators wouldn't shut up about not being able to score 3 overs in. I do like how the batting feels and I think the graphics are a huge improvement

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Also: how do you do length variation on the "new" Pro controls -- aftertouch? I dont see it doing anything

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
1st INNINGS BATTING/BOWLING
50 OVER MATCH, LEGEND DIFFICULTY
ENG(me) vs WI
BOWLING FULL 50 OVER COMPLETION
What's up again guys, just continuing on from my previous post unfortunately I don't have the scorecards as I'm phone posting but will update the post tonight.

I have to say asides from some of the annoying bugs and glaring issues this has been some great fun I reallyfelt the pressure bowling to the AI which I've felt in other games too but some stuff happened here which made it feel a tad more real. I'm terrible with the player names so forgive me but as you can see from the previous scorecard WI were doing okay but not anything amazing and I thought I'd keep them to a manageable total. I believe around the 30 over mark I had them for 203-4 or something but I needed breakthroughs...

I put Stokes on and I believe he and one other bowler got 3 wickets making the score 208-7 within a matter of balls a total mini collapse. One outfield catch and two edges behind. I felt in the game and thought I'd contain them however by the 50th over the WI had made a total of 338-9, I have some "concerns" for lack of a better word about this.

Firstly I'll say throughout the innings the AI pacing has been excellent, towards the end they really turned it up and started hitting lofted shots which felt real however no matter what I did it felt they found the gap and completely molested me with that flamingo shot. Chances in the last 20 were thin too, no edges compared to the first 30 overs and generally felt the under it here which isn't THE worst issue as it does happen irl I just hope it's not some scripted thing where you get chances in a certain part of the game then it's AI turn for beast mode because I felt that was the case in AC17, only time will tell.

HUMAN BATTING EXPERIENCE
Not much to say here apart from I suck, I'm playing arcade controls and started on hardest, now on medium batting difficulty and I'm finding it very difficult to get bat on ball. I'm playing with only the circle showing but it just shows too late and I can't react most of the time, bowlers coming in at great pace. It's safe to say I'll be losing this match as I'm 80 odd for 4 with Root & Butler at the helm.

Dissmissals have been bowled, lbw, edged behind and a bionic direct hit from the deep.

Again it's same same with some of the bugs mentioned; running between the wickets is basically broken and I feel like the AI bowls way too many deliveries back of a length or outright bouncers.

MISC/PET PEEVES
Just some general thoughts. My moaning about graphics was a tad OTT they do look nice just certain things can look odd at times but overall it's an improvement nothing mind blowing but for a cricket game can't complain. Some of the sound effects are either a downgrade or the same from DBC14, the nicks are a downgrade and the bowled sound effect is just as dead as Athertons commentary. Seems to be something odd with broadcast 1, it's not the same as broadcast 1 in "ground training" mode, this is only really an issue as you can't pin point where to put the circle in arcade bowling mode.

Will be making a quick video highlights of this match and just keeping my fingers crossed that gameplay issues are addressed as it seems to be a promising game!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread