Cricket Captain 2014

outbreak

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Don't suppose you had any luck in finding one mate? I'm really on the edge of just leaving this game be without them to be honest, editors allowed me to set up based on how I know people perform in real life and therefore I'm not feeling any enjoyment without it.
Nope no luck. I usually do the same especially if I start a new save 6 months after release and want someone whos had a good season to be better than they are in game. Combined with the new gui which requires me to go down numerous sub menus to do functions that were shown on the game screen previously I'm not really a fan of this edition at all.

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Nope no luck. I usually do the same especially if I start a new save 6 months after release and want someone whos had a good season to be better than they are in game. Combined with the new gui which requires me to go down numerous sub menus to do functions that were shown on the game screen previously I'm not really a fan of this edition at all.
Basically this, I have no intentions on playing online and besides cheating in online in a game like this kinds of seem pointless. This is one of the major reasons I'm starting to sway more towards Cricket Coach.

outbreak

Club Captain
Basically this, I have no intentions on playing online and besides cheating in online in a game like this kinds of seem pointless. This is one of the major reasons I'm starting to sway more towards Cricket Coach.
I haven't tried cricket coach. maybe i'll check that out. this years cricket captain is the first one I haven't put 50+ hours in to in a LONG time. It feels more catered towards the mobile version.

Isura

Club Cricketer
Hey guys. If you are bored with the game try my fixture editor. I have updated it to work with ICC 2014.

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Did bring a bit of humour to the game but now debating whether to invest time into making some better fixtures for the future years but it's not easy to mass edit.
w8lKUA3.png

outbreak

Club Captain
Hey guys. If you are bored with the game try my fixture editor. I have updated it to work with ICC 2014.
I've used it to add in test series for when I play as Zimbabwe or Bangladesh because the game doesn't add any even when you get those sides to decent quality. Thanks for your work on it.[DOUBLEPOST=1419985911][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did bring a bit of humour to the game but now debating whether to invest time into making some better fixtures for the future years but it's not easy to mass edit.
w8lKUA3.png

Would be better if the game gave attendance and tv figures, how many people would attend 15 tests against Zimbabwe?

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Would be better if the game gave attendance and tv figures, how many people would attend 15 tests against Zimbabwe?
I mean it would be pretty cool but I'd much rather a lot of other features be added first and to the second point I feel like by the 15th test there would not be very many as players would be so tired/injured they would be playing with 2nd XI's.
Also did you give Cricket Coach a try or look?

Isura

Club Cricketer
International Management in Football Manager is a lot of fun, despite it having no contracts, loans signings and such.

What's more is that one of the most enjoyable parts of Football Manager is talent identification and development, particularly from within. Both these things can be done in a Cricket Simulator.

In terms of raw contracts and transfers, there are plenty of fun leagues to play in for Football Manager that are quite similar to how cricket is. Leagues like the IPL are also an example of something that can have such features, although it's not really needed.

There are also plenty of unique features for Cricket over Football is also interesting. The key is that there's a market of people who are fanatical about cricket, not for it to be a Football Manager clone as such.

A modern, well presented game could do wonders for the genre at this point, and whilst Cricket Captain 2014 isn't a bad effort, it really does need a rebuild from scratch at some point.

My guess is that there simply isn't a big enough market for a deep statistical cricket simulation. Otherwise some new developers would have come into the market and made a kick ass game (by basic economic theory). Especially when you consider the young generation has short attention spans and spends most time on mobile devices. Games like ICC and football manager are hardcore desktop games. Even Football Manager doesn't have huge sales. They make a solid profit because they get small amounts of sales from many countries. Unfortunately cricket is popular in only a handful of countries.

I think the only way a cricket game gets to the level of FM is if someone figures out how to market and sell it big in India.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I started a career with india about a month ago and it's 2018; I'm yet to lose a game. :D

Users who are viewing this thread