Cricket Champions 09 - Development Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
UPDATE:
I delayed the match engine programming as I spent some more time in the resolutions. The game will support only three resolutions:
♦ 1024*768
♦ 800*600
♦ 1280*800

If your monitor doesn't support these resolutions then I think you may not be able to play it well. The thing is in VB , in full screen, the form cannot adjust the controls and hence it will just work well in the resolution in which it was designed.

I can understand but there are some system limitations.

Also now you won't be allowed to see the rating of the player in-game. You can only view with the help of database editor.

Hitterman added 3 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

EDIT: The first press release is tomorrow. :).

Hitterman added 12 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

EDIT: There is a Logo competition going on. The winner of this contest will be able to secure the official logo position of this game.

Check it here.

blake

School Cricketer
Hitterman, if you need help with the main menu or any of the interfaces graphics-wise, please let me know, I would love to help.

Have you got a logo for the game yet?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
the T20 simulation idea is great i reckon. do you want me to use the rosters on the first page for each team and get photos of each player in 150*150

Hitterman

International Coach
Hitterman, if you need help with the main menu or any of the interfaces graphics-wise, please let me know, I would love to help.

Have you got a logo for the game yet?
Thanks a lot. I'll definitely be needing. Currently, I am preparing for the first private demo version.

About the logo, not yet but I have managed to make my own that you will be able to see in tomorrows press release.

the T20 simulation idea is great i reckon. do you want me to use the rosters on the first page for each team and get photos of each player in 150*150
Yes, I need the player photos. I'll send you the roster soon. Possibly, after the demo version.

blake

School Cricketer
Hitterman,

I have attempted a quick logo for you, but it looks appalling I think. I'm still experimenting with logos, but mine really doesn't work right now. I'll attempt to shape it up a bit so it looks a bit better in the future, it's just a rough draft right now so it's not serious.

Here is the logo. Very bland right now and the text curving is extremely average but I could not find an effective way to do it. Illustrator works best for this sort of stuff and I only have Photoshop.

Thankfully Photoshop handles all the other stuff with ease and grace compared to Illustrator. I will be fine designing anything else for you if needed - it is just this is the first or second time I have ever attempted a logo and I need a lot more work to get better.

Here you go.

CricketChampions2009.jpg

Edit: I have attached another logo. Still pretty rubbish. I will try and get better, your logo probably looks waaaaaay better than my pathetic attempts though. I made the second one after looking through a few logos and it probably looks a bit better than the first one.

CricketChampions2009v2.jpg

Hitterman

International Coach
Blake, thanks for the logo. The second one is brilliant attempt. Is it possible for you to provide me the PSD? Don't worry, you'll be credited if your logo will be used as I stated in the thread.

Here is another logo, just tell me guys which one is better. This one or the one by blake.

maine.png

I have paused my work on this game for a week. This week I have decided that i'll be making editor for cricket games. I got bored programming the same thing daily hence I decided to do something different.

I'll be resuming my work from Friday.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
demo version will be released to me and burnsy on the 22nd i think it was which has Pakistan vs India and everything else disabled.
as for the logos, blakes second and yours are both good, but if i had to say which one was better it would probably be Blake's.

blake

School Cricketer
Hitterman, send me a PM with your e-mail address/MSN and I can send you the .psd file. I definitely improved a lot just with making one logo, as it was the first I had ever made, so the second one was a big step up and I am pretty pleased with it.

I saved the .psd file so I can send it to you.. just out of interest, why don't you just use the .jpg file? Are you planning on editing a background or something into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread