Cricket Champions 09 - Development Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
UPDATE:

Well I am sorry but I wasn't able to add a single code in last one week due to lack of time. I was also not well suffering from Viral.

Anyways, I have started the programming today once again and the good thing is that the match engine is now integrated to the game.

dbest

School Cricketer
Cheers mate.

Sad to hear about the ill health, but its good to see you back on your feet.

Hitterman

International Coach
Sad to hear about the ill health, but its good to see you back on your feet.
Thanks a lot Andy :)

Now UPDATE:

The match engine is just 10% completed at the moment. Actually, i didn't even touched the code for last 10 days and now I have started to program again. I was very busy with my work.

Anyways, just emulated the first five overs of first innings.

To be honest, I know this game will never be able to compete with games like Cricket Coach or ICC as I am not a professional programmer but I will surely try my best to at least make this game worth trying.

blake

School Cricketer
Nice to hear your positive feedback, Hedger.

Anyway, Hitterman - I am glad that this is coming back together again. I've termporarily given up on my project - my excuse is a current slight lack of C++ knowledge. Right now I'm taking apart source codes and programming RPG-type games, trying to get a better feel for the language - and then once I am completely comfortable with functions and classes and arrays, I will come back to programming mine.

I hope it is coming along well.

Can I just check:

Will you be able to play with any team?
Are Bangladesh, Ireland or any other minnows included?
Do you have plans to incorporate test matches, or ODIs, or any other different game-forms into it? Or will you just be playing Twenty20s (or ODIs)..
Will it be at all management based? Choosing bowlers, picking lineups..

Anyway.. sorry if that is too many questions, I am just keen to hear how it is coming along.

Good luck with the game bud, it sounds exciting. As I said before about five times, please let me know if you need help with the GUI - I can make backgrounds and interfaces with Photoshop.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
look at the first page (first post i think) for all the teams but you will have a create player/team tool so you can make your own teams and players and will be able to add players to the international teams and I'm fairly sure you can play with any team.

Hitterman

International Coach
Anyway, Hitterman - I am glad that this is coming back together again. I've termporarily given up on my project - my excuse is a current slight lack of C++ knowledge. Right now I'm taking apart source codes and programming RPG-type games, trying to get a better feel for the language - and then once I am completely comfortable with functions and classes and arrays, I will come back to programming mine.
I would like to say that until you know the main concepts of C++ , don't go with programming. I am also a learner but if you will practice you will be expert. Like, when I started programming the game, I wasn't knowing too much about vB.net but now I think I know good vB.net because of this game.

Will you be able to play with any team?
Yes! You can also create your own teams, simulate a match between your created teams and International teams.

Are Bangladesh, Ireland or any other minnows included?
Currently, only 10 teams are Included but as I told you that database is editable, you can create your teams too without any limits.

Do you have plans to incorporate test matches, or ODIs, or any other different game-forms into it? Or will you just be playing Twenty20s (or ODIs)..
Currently, only T20 but I am planning for ODI and Test matches too for Cricket Champions 10.

Will it be at all management based? Choosing bowlers, picking lineups..
Yes nearly. You have to pick up the players from your squad for your playing 11, assign a captain,wicket-keeper and then simulate the match.

There are some limitations too like you won't be able to change bowlers in between or you won't be able to do any other manipulations while the simulation is running. This is what I will be aiming first to be improved in CCPS10.

Anyway.. sorry if that is too many questions, I am just keen to hear how it is coming along.
Nah! No problems at all. I am glad that I am able to answer your queries. Keep more questions coming. I'll be answering each and every question.:cool:

Good luck with the game bud, it sounds exciting. As I said before about five times, please let me know if you need help with the GUI - I can make backgrounds and interfaces with Photoshop.
Sure! You logo is already included as official logo and you have already been credited for that.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Its been a while since you have updated. Have you been working on this lately. Is it ready for testing.

Hitterman

International Coach
I was getting some PMs regarding this from the users as they are very Interested in this game. Thanks to you guys.

I am currently very busy with my exams and I have more important things to do than this which includes some editors for Ashes Cricket.

I'll start again whenever i'll get time. I am sure that this will come out.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Hey Hitterman. I havent heard anything back from you..Still waiting for your email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread