Cricket Championship

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
End of over 47 (maiden) First innings of Hedger's Team 119/5 Day 1 - 55 overs remaining
Head 65* (131b) Thompson 4* (26b) Partnership 18
Miller 12-4-32-2 Last wicket: C.O.W.W. Knight Caught N. Cross Bowled Miller 21

Thompson batting very slowly :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Not looking good after day 1. Bowled out for 185, Head top scoring with 70 while the lower order chipped in a few runs, Knight 21, Thompson 13 (57), Cross 29 and Marsh 12. In reply, Iridium is 93/2, Lee taking both wickets for figures of 2/40 off 10 overs.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
This is a pain in the ass to scout players unless I'm missing something as all I can see is the players stats.

You can see the ratings of your own players, as well as the players on the TM. Yes you can't see the ratings of players in other teams, which makes sense to me.

I'll play my 'B' team against you, most of them are around the mid 80s.

I lost my first OD match, finished 29 runs short and only two wickets down. I've got to get use to the OD tactics. :p

Edit: I've actually selected half 'A' and half 'B' players for our match Syl. If you can get your tactics tight there's no reason why you can't win, considering I'm new to the OD stuff as well, and that one of things I like about CC is that new teams can beat experienced teams, compared with other similar games where when I've started them I just get slaughtered.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's not so much the actual ratings which I can understand hiding, more the overall ratings or even the wages just so you have some indication of how good the players are. Like in FTP/BT where you can see their ratings. I guess averages could work on that front, haven't played the game long enough to find out.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
That's been brought up, but I think the creator likes it the way it currently is. He's playing to introduce world player rankings soon as far as I know though, which might help somewhat.

Each league has MVP points as well.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Not looking good after day 1. Bowled out for 185, Head top scoring with 70 while the lower order chipped in a few runs, Knight 21, Thompson 13 (57), Cross 29 and Marsh 12. In reply, Iridium is 93/2, Lee taking both wickets for figures of 2/40 off 10 overs.

I forgot we had a friendly going on. Good going so far. Gale was our best bowler, taking 3 wickets at under 2 rpo. Hopefully we can build a good lead.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, I think I was just a bit too aggressive today after yesterday fails. 203 all out in just 24 overs. :lol

Something's up with the new OD match engine because I've got two randoms opening the bowling, so you should win from here Syl. I posted it over in the actual CC forum if you want more details.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Well I ended up winning rather easily in the end, and none of the three best bowlers I was playing even bowled. Again, refer to the CC forum for more details.

I think we were both too aggressive with our tactics.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Feel like a heck of a lot of time required to figure these tactics out.

The FC tactics are a lot more standardised I think. My default FC tactics are pretty much the same as what they started as, and sometimes I have a play around with them based on the conditions. For example if you look at my first ever FC match it played out pretty realistically, and that was with the starting tactics.

You're right though to some extend, it seems like you need to have a much greater play around with the OD tactics in order to get them right, but that could also be down to the new match engine which has only been out for a week.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I managed to post 251 in my third OD match. :)

Hopefully the right bowlers bowl this time.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Bit of a joke that I'm getting dominated so much. Lambert and Head got us back into it though with a 90 run partnership to put us at 121/3 at stumps, trailing by 6 runs. I have no idea why Marsh only bowled 1 over and why Adnan (who wasn't set to bowl) bowled 2 although he did take 2/3 :p Lee took 3/89, Cross 2/74 and Thompson took 2/82 as we bowled them out for 312 but not very good considering we were bowled out for 185 in the first innings.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any league of Planet Cricket on it? It looks interesting. I've created a team by the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread