NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Exactly!! ICC does stats tracking better then CC. The only difference that keeps me interested in CC is the depth of the game. The number of options that are available to a player like me. From Associates to Affiliates to International teams to all the hell of a domestic teams available for playing.

If ICC just had all the Associates and Affiliates in it I would have surely picked ICC over CC any day.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wish to comment on this. A great deal of diligent and praiseworthy work has gone into ensuring that players' ability stats are about right. However, no effort has gone into correcting their career stats. Hemal Watekar is the captain of Andhra (Indian Ranji side) and is an all-rounder. However, according to CC11, he has bowled something like 9 overs in his career for 9 wickets and 330 runs! I don't have the actual figures in front of me, but they were that order of magnitude of wrong. And of course this is just one example. If they get such a major domestic player so wrong, you can only imagine what the rest of the squad must be like.

When I raised this on the Cricket Coach forum, the database guy (BrownBear) took it personally, and rudely indicated that he only cared about ability stats. Since no-one else seems to have the time or inclination to correct this, I can have no confidence that anything has been done about it. I like the sound of the almanac feature too, but if all your players start with garbage career stats, they will always have garbage career stats, and your almanac will be utterly invalidated.

That because CC11 started in October 2010. If you updated the stats, you would have stats that, according to the game timeline, haven't happened yet. So none of this was touched after the release. It should be all updated up to the start of April.

And how can you guys say that ICC has better career stats tracking? ICC only has career, current season and the past two before it. CC has career, current and every in-game season tracked (hint: the 'History' tab). The only thing CC doesn't have is Strike Rate

Last edited:

6ry4nj

International Coach
That because CC11 started in October 2010. If you updated the stats, you would have stats that, according to the game timeline, haven't happened yet. So none of this was touched after the release. It should be all updated up to the start of April.

Watekar - my example - has been bowling in first-class and List A since the 1999/2000 season. I said he was the team captain - so he obviously didn't just start playing last week. He has nonsensical career performance stats in the game. The data capture that Oli used to load up the stats simply didn't work, and as far as I can see (and I've read the entire Cricket Coach 11 forum on Oli's site), nothing has been done to fix it.

And how can you guys say that ICC has better career stats tracking? ICC only has career, current season and the past two before it. CC has career, current and every in-game season tracked (hint: the 'History' tab). The only thing CC doesn't have is Strike Rate
I said ICC does career stats better than CC, and it does. As for tracking, if you start with ridiculously wrong career stats, they will always be ridiculously wrong, regardless of what other stats you may keep correctly.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
From Oli...
Oli Norwell said:
most first class bowling figures have been incorrectly recorded. This will be fixed before the first release of the game.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I've just downloaded the trial version but I'm not able to play it. The game doesn't fit into my laptop's screen resolution. The maximum screen resolution for my laptop is 1024x600 and it's already in use. Is there any way to play this game?

D

Dutch

I've just downloaded the trial version but I'm not able to play it. The game doesn't fit into my laptop's screen resolution. The maximum screen resolution for my laptop is 1024x600 and it's already in use. Is there any way to play this game?

Mmm, not sure there. Can you temporarily adjust your sceen resoultion to another paremater so it fits? Also are you playing in windowed or full-screen mode? Those seem like odd resolution specifications there...is that correct.....

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I have a mini laptop, so yes the resolution is correct. :p I'm not able to go through even the first screen, after one selects "free trial" so I guess the game might be starting in full screen mode?

D

Dutch

I have a mini laptop, so yes the resolution is correct. :p I'm not able to go through even the first screen, after one selects "free trial" so I guess the game might be starting in full screen mode?

Yeah I think it starts up in full screen mode. Not sure. Bugger that you can't give it a try. There must be some way.....maybe you can ask at the Cricket Coach site. They are a very helpful bunch.....

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Sadly, that doesn't work. I'd ask this on CC forum and see whether they have a solution.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Instead of windowed then try putting this

+szx 1024 +szy 600

----------

Might need Oli to make it support some new resolutions though :)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Doesn't work. I've posted on the official website, let's see if there's solution or not. I must say, the game database is amazing. Great to see up to date rosters, the only thing that I'd say they need to improve in coming years is, the graphics part of the game. If they work on that, there's no question why this game cannot be one of the best cricket games EVER. :)

Yea, totally agree.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Ok, so I set my field, and I change my bowling plan which includes this new field.

In the simulation, my fielders are nowhere where I put them. It's the 46th over of an ODI and I have 3 slips?!?!

Explanation, anyone?

Even when using the default fields, the field that I see in the sim is nothing like the one set.

D

Dutch

Ok, so I set my field, and I change my bowling plan which includes this new field.

In the simulation, my fielders are nowhere where I put them. It's the 46th over of an ODI and I have 3 slips?!?!

Explanation, anyone?

Even when using the default fields, the field that I see in the sim is nothing like the one set.

This is why I think the fielder interface is very user unfriendly. It could be that you have not actually properly saved the bowling plan you have made, connected to the field you want. It is highly confusing and needs working on. You will probably have more luck at the cricket coach forums of getting a better answer than mine....

Users who are viewing this thread