On Hold Cricket Dynasty - We got all busy

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@VC the slogger is there any chance of you continuing with the limited-overs simulation whilst @The Author is unavailable?

"The Author Not at the moment, because I'm finding it pretty inconvenient even to spend any time online, let alone fulfil APL commitments. It's probably better that I'm honest about that rather than string everyone along forever"

It will be grate if we can get the regional tournaments on the way!

@The Author nothing personal. We all are dying to put our created teams to the test. Best wishes & I honestly hope all works out well with all your commitments. See you back soon :cheers
No, I'd be fine with this. If VC isn't too busy, I'll happily hand it over to him, and just pop in from time to time to do the rankings and stuff.

(Which reminds me, I have three more sets of player ratings to do - by the weekend hopefully.)

Aislabie

Ireland
No Euro's :(
Oh dear, that's out.

Regarding the regional tournaments and Cricket Dynasty in general, I think it's better that I'm honest and say that I can't make/find time for it with work being the way it is, and that I just have no enthusiasm for cricket leagues at the moment. There's a motorsport league idea that I may explore in time (which would require near-zero effort to sim and organise once it was up and running) but as for a 30+ team cricket league; I just can't handle that kind of thing any more.

I'm very grateful to all those involved, and sorry to all those who wish it had lasted for longer

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Its alright :) @The Author thanks for all the wonderful leagues :) From APL to Mandela Trophy to ICC Outreach Program to this :) i have won all of them ! [HASHTAG]#THANKYOU[/HASHTAG]

D

Deleted member 149013

Oh dear, that's out.

Regarding the regional tournaments and Cricket Dynasty in general, I think it's better that I'm honest and say that I can't make/find time for it with work being the way it is, and that I just have no enthusiasm for cricket leagues at the moment. There's a motorsport league idea that I may explore in time (which would require near-zero effort to sim and organise once it was up and running) but as for a 30+ team cricket league; I just can't handle that kind of thing any more.

I'm very grateful to all those involved, and sorry to all those who wish it had lasted for longer
It was a bad judgement call by the umpire.

The concept of this league was a creative one where you were taking a non-playing cricket nation and having some fun with it. I liked the thought behind it and it was a huge undertaking.

I have found with enthusiasm that sometimes the routine can dry it up. So whether that’s work, studying or just general life it drains the batteries. Breaking that routine with something completely spontaneous could be a new hobby, something you have always wanted to try out or a place you want to visit. To break the usually schedule.

Sometimes just saying well I am not doing what I normally do and been a bit impulsive usually works in refreshing an outlook and learning more about yourself. In saying that can be difficult with a busy routine but not impossible.

Motorsport never really been into I have to admit but if you set it up one day, I would give it a try. I am surprised no one has done a football league.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

I am grateful to you that you started a very beautiful league like this.
I will just hope your enthusiasm grows back.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Well, to be honest, this is the best league concept ever. You get to manage a team, play as a player, set Your own international fixtures, cover the cricket team (as a newspaper reporter :D), and make the perfect team from chosen attributes. :)

I hope that this will return someday, soon.

HawkAussie

Panel of Selectors
Hobart Hurricanes
Profile Flag
Australia
This was one of those leagues that I liked to lasted longer. But with time, its was going end someday. I hope that this league will return someday in the future :)

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Well, to be honest, this is the best league concept ever. You get to manage a team, play as a player, set Your own international fixtures, cover the cricket team (as a newspaper reporter :D), and make the perfect team from chosen attributes. :)

I hope that this will return someday, soon.
Sorry to bump this thread but I'd like some advice/thoughts/questions/consideration regarding what's below:

It's possible I could have a crack after my World T20 is finished?

It'd likely be T20 only, because unlike @Aislabie and @VC the slogger , not only am I only one person, but I'm only a league mortal. But I'm more than willing to take a shot

Would you guys like something like that? And more importantly, Aislabie and VC, would you mind me using (and probably slightly adapting) your idea?

Aislabie

Ireland
Would you guys like something like that? And more importantly, Aislabie and VC, would you mind me using (and probably slightly adapting) your idea?

Of course - go right ahead and turn this league idea into whatever you like. I also remember someone doing "PC Cricket Career" where we each created a T20 freelancer to play in all the leagues and that was huge fun

Users who are viewing this thread