LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We're in the process of setting up alpha access to CH. If you'd like to be part of the alpha please PM me your email address, phone/tablet model and specs.

NB: this alpha is ONLY for Android (for now).
I'm In ;) sending you details.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
For bowling controls my suggestion would be:
-Ball shown on screen
-Top angle "C" would change the seam position
-End of that "C" would be cross seam
- So the further the seam position the transition between swing and cutters happen
-Or bottom angle "C" could be made for cutters alone
-For leg and off cutters left side and right side "C" and reverse"C" should be good..Main difference being the pace of the delivery

This is my suggestion for bowling..

Great going @kurtkz looking forward to this..The game would definitely be suited for mobiles and we know the depth you show in gameplay...

kurtkz

Game Developer
@funnyadit that's an interesting take on it. What I've implemented is a lot simpler (not necessarily better, though):

1. rotate your seam position - this is only left or right swipe; your seam position determines what the ball does (point it to the slips and it swings, point it almost cross seam and it cuts, etc)
2. set your speed (Fast, Ave, Slow)
3. drag from the popping crease to where you want the ball to land

The seam position determines how much drag/swing/reverse swing you get (just like in real life) and the position and amount of the seam that strikes the pitch determines how much seam/spin you get (again, trying to copy real life).

Is there some kind of compromise between your suggestion and mine that would make bowling fun on mobile devices?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@funnyadit that's an interesting take on it. What I've implemented is a lot simpler (not necessarily better, though):

1. rotate your seam position - this is only left or right swipe; your seam position determines what the ball does (point it to the slips and it swings, point it almost cross seam and it cuts, etc)
2. set your speed (Fast, Ave, Slow)
3. drag from the popping crease to where you want the ball to land

The seam position determines how much drag/swing/reverse swing you get (just like in real life) and the position and amount of the seam that strikes the pitch determines how much seam/spin you get (again, trying to copy real life).

Is there some kind of compromise between your suggestion and mine that would make bowling fun on mobile devices?
I think the balance should be good with the above implementation...

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
First alpha is live for those who signed up. The tester list is locked down for now, but we're going to be quite strict about it. If we don't get feedback we'll replace the tester with someone else :)
Where to share the feedback... In this thread or in conversation?...

Users who are viewing this thread