Cricket Leagues - Feedback and Suggestions

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Repost from the old Cricket Dynasty thread because I forgot this exists. Thanks @RUDI for reminding me

------

Okay, these are changes that I'm considering. I'll probably edit this post with new ideas:
Bold means I will 100% do it.
  • The competition will move to T20 only.
  • World ratings will likely be simplified although if I can master the dark arts, who knows
  • New ratings process due to changing to PCCS
  • Regional leagues, and yearly/biannual World Cups a la football
  • Youth development system (depending on how long this thing is run)
Feel free to suggest other things!

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Repost from the old Cricket Dynasty thread because I forgot this exists. Thanks @RUDI for reminding me

------

Okay, these are changes that I'm considering. I'll probably edit this post with new ideas:
Bold means I will 100% do it.
  • The competition will move to T20 only.
  • World ratings will likely be simplified although if I can master the dark arts, who knows
  • New ratings process due to changing to PCCS
  • Regional leagues, and yearly/biannual World Cups a la football
  • Youth development system (depending on how long this thing is run)
Feel free to suggest other things!
Can I contribute to this in the List-A format (and possibly First-Class)? I had asked Aislabie to run this and he gave me the greenlight, but I never got around to it. Obviously, not gonna latch onto you unless you'd take me in.

I've also got a few suggestions about some elements of the league.

I should point out, it'll be a good month before I can put in effort for it in any way because I've already got a lot in my hands right now.

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I think the perfect balance would be something that includes major T20 leagues and international T20, like "PC Cricket Career" used to have. That was one of the greats in terms of user engagement.

I'd not want to assume what anyone else's workload looked like though. It may be more sustainable to do it more in the style of USPC where there were domestic competitions with a mixture of real and PC players, as well as a bit of an international schedule.

I would say from (repeated) experience that the more stuff you add the faster you burn out, but there's nothing wrong with leagues that shine short and bright

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Can I contribute to this in the List-A format (and possibly First-Class)? I had asked Aislabie to run this and he gave me the greenlight, but I never got around to it. Obviously, not gonna latch onto you unless you'd take me in.

I've also got a few suggestions about some elements of the league.

I should point out, it'll be a good month before I can put in effort for it in any way because I've already got a lot in my hands right now.
You'd be more than welcome to but I don't know exactly how much assistance I can give you. As for elements, go ahead and suggest!
I think the perfect balance would be something that includes major T20 leagues and international T20, like "PC Cricket Career" used to have. That was one of the greats in terms of user engagement.

I'd not want to assume what anyone else's workload looked like though. It may be more sustainable to do it more in the style of USPC where there were domestic competitions with a mixture of real and PC players, as well as a bit of an international schedule.

I would say from (repeated) experience that the more stuff you add the faster you burn out, but there's nothing wrong with leagues that shine short and bright
I'll definitely have a look at running domestic competitions. It'd definitely depend on workload, but it would enhance the league. Kind of an inverse Planet Cricket T20, then

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
You'd be more than welcome to but I don't know exactly how much assistance I can give you. As for elements, go ahead and suggest!

I'll definitely have a look at running domestic competitions. It'd definitely depend on workload, but it would enhance the league. Kind of an inverse Planet Cricket T20, then
i think @Aislabie talking about this league run by @TSPrathik
i also run a season using Dynasty formula...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would love a Cricket Dinasty reboot with real life teams and players, including T20 leagues. The VC/Aislabie version was great, but it required a lot of effort from both league managers and team managers.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I would love a Cricket Dinasty reboot with real life teams and players, including T20 leagues. The VC/Aislabie version was great, but it required a lot of effort from both league managers and team managers.
Oooh, this gives me an idea... it's basically your idea but with games as they are in real life. I would of course need assistance from @Na Maloom Afraad in that case but it's a workable idea

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
It was hugely effort-intensive. That's why I point to PlanetCricket Cricket Career that @TSPrathik used to run as being pretty much the perfect compromise between the two

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
It was hugely effort-intensive. That's why I point to PlanetCricket Cricket Career that @TSPrathik used to run as being pretty much the perfect compromise between the two
I'll have to have a look at that one. But from what I've seen so far (a cursory glance of the first page), it looks pretty fun

Users who are viewing this thread