Cricket Leagues - Feedback and Suggestions

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Just a little idea. Does anyone welcome the prospect of a cricket version of the Barclays Premier League? It would consist of those teams, but they would be affiliated with their neighbouring conties (which'll be a factor when drafting players in), i.e:

Code:
Arsenal/Chelsea/Fulham/Tottenham - Middlesex, Surrey, Kent
Aston Villa/West Brom - Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Northamptonshire
Cardiff/Swansea - Glamorgan, Gloucestershire
Crystal Palace/West Ham - Surrey, Middlesex 
Everton/Liverpool/Manchester (City/Utd) - Lancashire
Hull - Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire
Newcastle/Sunderland - Durham, Yorkshire
Norwich - Essex
Southampton - Hampshire, Sussex
Stoke - Derbyshire, Leicestershire

[I]Not in the PL[/I]
Bristol: Somerset
You might ask why my idea doesn't simply involve a standard county championship. Well... I am of the opinion a lot of people are football fans here and it would be somewhat of a novelty and added entertainment, as it were. As I say, it is just a prospect, summat that just flew into my head so I thought I might voice it. Any viewpoints?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I see. Wasn't aware of that. However this idea I've put forward would take into account more the location of the clubs. Anyway, just want to know if anyone entertains this idea?

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can we see PlanetCricket Premier League Season 5 in coming months? :p

I guess so. I think it is done once in a while regularly. I have even thought about the name of my player. Dick Punani it will be. If you are a Jamaican, you know this is the funniest name ever.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
i am just eagerly waiting for PlanetCricket Premier League Season 5... and also i try to put all my vcash in vbookie and hoping to make big money and invest them in the league...:D

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I was thinking that a new sticky thread might be quite useful - one to help us keep track of all the PC leagues and the players in them. I know that quite a few of us (most notably myself and Varun) like to keep track of stats like this but it's always a huge effort finding all of the leagues and things that those players have played in.

I'm proposing a new thread with two index posts:
  1. A list of all PC-leagues, past and present, in which PC members have had to sign up as players (this will make it easier for everyone to find their old players)
  2. An alphabetical list of player profiles. This will link to profiles, which members will also be encouraged to post in the thread, and will save the duplication of player profiles in every thread we sign up in.

This thread would really help anyone who is interested in keeping track of their PC career stats, and might also allow for PC players to be used as overseas players in nation-based leagues too.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
It'll be interesting if some one starts a "Umpire Premier League" where the umpires who actually had a cricketing career with bat and ball will be picked. :p

Users who are viewing this thread