Cricket Leagues - Support and Advice

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Just a suggestion for the guys who are conducting drafts in cricket discussion forum, in order to judge the best team after the draft, you can conduct a poll and tag all participants to vote for the best team, but they have cannot vote for their same team. You can also allow anybody to vote and can tag few good active members to vote, thus we can get opinion of various members and can mention the teams which are first, second & third based on poll results.

Tagging the guys who has conducted the drafts recently.

@Parth D @ddrap14 @Aislabie @liveinasociety
It isn't a bad idea, and in fact I think people have done it before. I've never given a winner for any of my drafts bar one that had a CrickSim tournament at the end, so it's something to ponder

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Can anyone confirm if this idea is feasible, and if it has been attempted before?

A cricket league based on a promotion-relegation system, where any team can join at the end of the season, starting in the bottom division and (hopefully) working their way up to the top.

I'll need to figure some things out:
-A player development system
-Rewards system for teams doing well
-Keeping the results realistic across seasons, while still keeping the narrative dynamic and ever-changing
-A strategic aspect to the league to make it more engaging than just a bunch of randomized sims

I've also never run anything like this before, so maybe I should start smaller?

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Can anyone confirm if this idea is feasible, and if it has been attempted before?

A cricket league based on a promotion-relegation system, where any team can join at the end of the season, starting in the bottom division and (hopefully) working their way up to the top.

-Keeping the results realistic across seasons, while still keeping the narrative dynamic and ever-changing
-A strategic aspect to the league to make it more engaging than just a bunch of randomized sims

It is feasible idea but we severely lack the managers that warrantees a league with promotion and relegation.
However, you can just start small and keep adding others as they join(like you said).

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland

I can help you out with this, DM me any questions you might have

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Love to comeback as a league manager... As usual, Plenty of concept running in my mind... But, top two project love to run is BBL and Hundred (most probably 50 overs league)... If majority wants Australian league than, please suggest should I run BBL from where I left or do a fresh start...
Continue BBL from where you left it and then follow up with The Hundred.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Want to participate in a League once more. Anyone willing to take me as a co?

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Elaborate please
Messaged you on discord with deets.

Plus if you can spend time regularly even if small join in on NMA's WoC.
Post automatically merged:

Plus if you can spend time regularly even if small join in on NMA's WoC
Because I need new nations to crush, already defeated this bunch of nations.

ShreyasTheIyer

School Cricketer
Hello guys, am new here. How to set up pitches?
Could you specify one by one as well?
Batting friendly (Rawalpindi)
Eden Gardens pitch
West end Park Stadium
Lord's?
Thanks a lot :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread