Cricket Management Simulator

dbest

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am planning to develop a text-based Cricket management simulator to be used in play by email games. Each team will be represented by a roster and before a game is played, the manager have to send in their teamsheets with the teams to the game admin.

The rosters contain player stats such as batting average, strike rate, bowling average and strike rate.

The teamsheet will contain the batting and bowling orders sent by the managers for each game.

The game engine will then simulate the match and a report file will be generated.

Am using C++ to code and this game. Currently am working on tweaking the algorithms to generate wickets and runs. Also need to add some commentary lines, and a few more additional features as fielding stats.

A sample over report is shown below:
First Innings
-------------
Bowling from the Pavillion End is J_Veron
Opening Batsmen are Carlos & Marlos

0.1, J_Veron to Carlos 2 runs scored

0.2, J_Veron to Carlos 2 runs scored

0.3, J_Veron to Carlos 0 runs scored

0.4, J_Veron to Carlos 1 runs scored

0.5, J_Veron to Marlos 0 runs scored

0.6, J_Veron to Marlos 1 runs scored
End of Over 1
pak - 6/0 RunRate = 6.00
J_Veron 6-0

Hopefully the game will be out before the end of June 07. Anyone interested in assisting, kinda let me know.

dbest

School Cricketer
Thanks Mishra, although I have not seen cricsim, i suppose they would look similar...

The latest commentary file from a match report is now available at
http://www.geocities.com/weirdokoolin/epic/ind_pak_19_April.txt

I was wondering, since this is a Play by Email Game, there will be some conditionals that a manager can set based on the scoring rate, target rate etc...

What kinda conditionals would you guys like to see in this game?

dbest

School Cricketer
dbest said:
Thanks Mishra, although I have not seen cricsim, i suppose they would look similar...

The latest commentary file from a match report is now available at
http://www.geocities.com/weirdokoolin/epic/ind_pak_19_April.txt

I was wondering, since this is a Play by Email Game, there will be some conditionals that a manager can set based on the scoring rate, target rate etc...

What kinda conditionals would you guys like to see in this game?

EDIT: Have seen Cricsim... and its good.. pretty neat

Fender

School Cricketer
Make the commentry much like Cricsim's with Batsmans scores at the end of each over along with the bowlers stats at the time. (Important)

Have aggresiveness as setting you can choose, both bowling and batting. (Important)

Fielding ability (Less needed, would be neat though)

Editable commentry. So you can choose to add in your own formulas of commentry easily. (Would be awesome)

Prefered Batting position- If they don't bat in the position they like then it is less likely they will get the best score they can.

That's it for now, I'm sure I will come up with more.

dbest

School Cricketer
Fender said:
Make the commentry much like Cricsim's with Batsmans scores at the end of each over along with the bowlers stats at the time. (Important)

Have aggresiveness as setting you can choose, both bowling and batting. (Important)

Fielding ability (Less needed, would be neat though)

Editable commentry. So you can choose to add in your own formulas of commentry easily. (Would be awesome)

Prefered Batting position- If they don't bat in the position they like then it is less likely they will get the best score they can.

That's it for now, I'm sure I will come up with more.

Batsman scores plus bowler update after an over == DONE :)

Bowling and Batting Aggressivenes == PARTIAL... u have batting aggressive, and fielding aggressive.. which kinda does translate to a bowlers aggressive

Fielding ability = NOT YET DONE.... not in the first release atleast..

Editable Commentary == DONE... u have a seperate commentary text file, which you can add too.... it is commented ... :)

Preferred Batting == NOT YET DONE.... seems like a good idea, i had not thot of it... thanks...

Am currently working on the orders that a manager would give in his teamsheet... have a small bug....

Latest commentary file is uploaded... http://www.geocities.com/weirdokoolin/epic/pak_ind_20_April.txt

dbest

School Cricketer
I have a minor issue with the order processing. This is to do with the orders that a manager can submit for instance to change the batting aggression or bowling aggression based on different factors like the overs, rate required, wickets fallen, etc...

After that, have to work on the roster updating which shouldnt take much time.

Am expecting to release the first version to the public by mid June 07.. :)

dbest

School Cricketer
Need some guys to create sample teamsheets and run tests on the engine.

Kindly check the website at kricket.zoomshare.com
or email me at [email protected]

regards,
andy

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
That looks really good, keep it up although it does look loike cricsim but good luck.

EDIT: Would you like me to test the games like BETA when they come out?

dbest

School Cricketer
yeah i suppose it does look like cricsim... :( its gonna be used for play-by-email games....
but would love some guys to test it out...

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
It actually looks quite a lot different from cricsim to me, it looks alot more like ESMS (the football sim) than CrickSim

dbest

School Cricketer
Thats coz it is based on the ESMS engine.. all permissions obtained from Eli... :)
I think ESMS is cool and i play in a few of those leagues, and I realized that guys are into cricket as well... so well, I thought mite as well tweak the engine for Cricket...

Right now the testing phase is on...

Fender is involved in this.... Am waiting for his feedback..

Still need a lil more coding and I think end June looks like a good time for a release...

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Mate, I'll look around and see if I can use some of the ideas from the ESMS sites for a website for the first Cricket League :D
Then I'll do something on the weekend - busy with exams at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread