cricket power review

maskedkane

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
firstly i got the game offline from flipcart.com .
it came with a cd and a manual.
all i did was inserted the cd and installed it and after installation first thing i checked is that whether my internet connection is on or not and it was not on because i wanted to check whether it will run onbroweser or like cricket revolution and other games on pc and to my surprise it was like any other game on pc and not on browser which is a plus point because i did not want to losse the game on 31
now coming to game when i clicked the exe file it launched the game and the presentation was good enought the main menu is having four options:
WORLD CUP where u can play wc.
EXBITION
OPTION
EXIT.
now i first play a exhibition match pakistan against india.
the graphics are a little cheap not clear like cricket revolution but still ok.
the first thing i did was batting and to the drawback of the game the batting is too easy. even on hard mode. the batting control on crick revolut was auwsome but this control system is awful and too easy all u need is to select the direction and press space which is too easy like arcade mode which helped me hit a couple of sixes consequtively however i was bowled out for 85 because i was trying to hit everything out of the park and to tell u i got 70 odd by hitting sixes and bowndrys. very easy batting , later in the world cup mode which is of 10 overs only (but it says format so i think 20 overs can be unlocked). i scored 165 in 10 overs . this is a game where u can hit six in each delivery . I think batting is way to easy. and shots go almost in the same direction if ur agreesive.
coming to the bowling part i s same as in crick revolution .
coming to the feilding part same as in crick revolution apart from the action camera type camera if u have seen in crick 2004 and the feilder now throw quiet quickly so if there is a 2 ther wil b 2 not 3 and the unnecessary dirct hits are gone now. which is good.
coming to the ai. which is the strength of the game is quiet superb when i made 85 i thought the ai. would get it too easily in 3 4 overs but they made me work my bowler. they did it in 12th over taking singles and doubles. and when i posted 165 it was altogether different situation i was made to think where to put my fielders as almost all the balls were going in gapss and clearing the bowndry.
so overall the strength of the game is the ai.
if asked i would say a very much entertaining game if u like seeing sixes and bowndryies which i dont like i like seeing stumps breaking down i like classical kind of cricket not a cricket where the batsment is a employer and the bowler is an employee. but believe me this game will not sunset on the dec 2011. as it is not browser based.
so if u want it u can get it from ebay, flipcart, or any other site. by the way flipcark delivered it in 4 days. if u have any quest. ask mee i will tell as the admistritors might not.because i have the full game.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't expect auto-play, at least I hope it isn't there. It actually tempts me to simulate the bowling phase and post match I realize that I ruined the fun. Gonna buy this game on 18th or 19th of this month, expecting it to keep entertaining me at least for a week.

Just want to know that is the game available at shops or do I need to order it online?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I've ordered it just now online. Rs. 224 is alright for an Official WC game given I will be able to play it anytime I like.

6ry4nj

International Coach
What I'm hearing is that in this "Official World Cup" game, in World Cup mode, you can't play 50-over matches. I hope I've misunderstood, because that would be a total scam.

PS: Thanx for the review :cheers

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
This game keeps sounding like garbage. Stick Cricket's WC mode is a lot more fun than this. And it's free.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
10 overs? My, how did I miss that? :facepalm Does this mean, I won't be able to play anything over 10? Why is this an official game then? :mad

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I'm sure nobody would actually like to play the entire 50 over matches!

Pat

International Coach
^^All generalizations are false, including yours!

supu

School Cricketer
how to play this game in full screen mode

Users who are viewing this thread