Cricket Revolution Bug Report

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Most bugs which were reported by beta testers and the Mindstorm team have been resolved. Some very minor bugs which occur very rarely are there.

Please post here and we will compile them for Mindstorm to work on.

shirazu

Club Cricketer
I played a guy a couple times today and both times our game was ended by this bug. Basically when bowling it would pop up that "there was a problem with the connection", darkening the screen, but we would still be able to chat and even bowl. Then when either of us would bowl (the message would go away eventually), the bowling cursor would lock-in as normal when we hit spacebar but additional presses of spacebar would not actually bowl the ball, meaning the game was stuck. We could chat and everything while this happened.

This happened to him first, then me when I was bowling, we had to d/c both times.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
There would be text file called console in you CR directory. Can you attach it here?

das_vicky

International Cricketer
I am playing the game on W7 on Dell SXPS 16. The game works perfectly except for the fact that in neither of any of the modes, I can see the stadium. So the stadium and spectators are not visible, only flags and 4's 6's boards are seen.

Even in Net practice, the nets, the bars are not seen. Its reproducible.

P

pcfan123

When I try to run the game from Steam it just crashes when trying to launch. Any ideas?

D

Dutch

When I try to run the game from Steam it just crashes when trying to launch. Any ideas?

Hey GBH! Darn it! Have you not been able to get it running yet? Was on the look-out for you online yesterday but to know avail! Now I probably know why. It will not surprise you that I got absolutely bashed! Good fun though. Anyway to get back on topic: have you tried deleting the online files and downloading again. I did that and it worked for me. Should be an option in your steam menu if you click on game properties or something; yep, right click on the game and it should come up. You might know all this anyway and in that case I have been as helpful as a condom made out of a kitchen sieve!:)

P

pcfan123

Yea I tried downloading it a couple of times and it refuses to launch. This is on my desktop, I have it working on my laptop but it is so choppy that is unplayable.

Either way Ill give you a match with the lappy whenever I can.

D

Dutch

Yea I tried downloading it a couple of times and it refuses to launch. This is on my desktop, I have it working on my laptop but it is so choppy that is unplayable.

Either way Ill give you a match with the lappy whenever I can.

Cool! Just give me a yell! Didi you get on line with the lappy as many people are having trouble with ports and firewalls and god knows what!?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
why is it so fliping hard to pierce the in-field ??? :mad:
i tried all the placement variations but still the fielder eventually gets hold of it..

i havent hit even a single boundary without lofting it ! :(

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
why is it so fliping hard to pierce the in-field ??? :mad:
i tried all the placement variations but still the fielder eventually gets hold of it..

i havent hit even a single boundary without lofting it ! :(

Play with defensive batsman to use shot angle variation.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
I am playing the game on W7 on Dell SXPS 16. The game works perfectly except for the fact that in neither of any of the modes, I can see the stadium. So the stadium and spectators are not visible, only flags and 4's 6's boards are seen.

Even in Net practice, the nets, the bars are not seen. Its reproducible.

The new update has fixed my issue

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
is it just me or do the shots feel really scripted ??

i played 5 consecutive cover drives and all of them went at the exact same
spot with the fielding moving in the exact same way.

even the fielder would've gone "mehh.......flip it !!"

Rafey

Mindstorm Studios Representative

The game is not scripted at all!

Take an FPS, aim the cross-hair on an enemy's head and shoot. He will die. Do that ten times, the outcome will be the same every time. However, this doesn't mean the scenario is scripted.

Each shot in CR has a native direction. If you hit a cover drive, the ball will always travel in the direction you're talking about, there is no randomness involved here. The batsmen get to choose their shot, not the engine. You can place the shot to change its native direction - for example if you want the ball to travel straighter when you hit a cover drive, you can rotate the dial anti-clockwise.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

Watch my video to see how to pierce gaps, ;)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
The game is not scripted at all!

Take an FPS, aim the cross-hair on an enemy's head and shoot. He will die. Do that ten times, the outcome will be the same every time. However, this doesn't mean the scenario is scripted.

Each shot in CR has a native direction. If you hit a cover drive, the ball will always travel in the direction you're talking about, there is no randomness involved here. The batsmen get to choose their shot, not the engine. You can place the shot to change its native direction - for example if you want the ball to travel straighter when you hit a cover drive, you can rotate the dial anti-clockwise.

hmmm.....may be am not fully understanding CR's batting system ??
anyhoo...will watch siddy's vid to get the hang of it....hes officially our CR professor now....;)

Users who are viewing this thread