Cricket Revolution - Post your game progress

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gamebooster worked quite well. Just needed to also reduce the graphics quality to low, and it runs pretty well.

Played a few exhibition games on easy mode, and found batting extremely easy apart from the fielders. That one feature, the fielders hitting the stumps every time is sort of ruining the experience for me, and frustrating me. I was also kind of disappointed with the how easily I could keep out the special deliveries.

Bowling is fairly tough. I am easily getting wickets, and the special balls work well, but really the AI is just too good for me.

But yeah, nevertheless, I still love this game, great work Mindstorm:D. Though I probably won't by CR 2 when it comes out as my laptop won't be able to take it.

In the actual games I failed most of the time because of the run outs and my bowling.

I played 2 online games, I made 1 all out in the first one which was very high lag.

Then in the second online game I played Dino, world number 4. I was pretty hopeless, even though there was low lag. Though, like a good sport, he coached me through and helped me, so I kind of got better.

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gamebooster worked quite well. Just needed to also reduce the graphics quality to low, and it runs pretty well.

Played a few exhibition games on easy mode, and found batting extremely easy apart from the fielders. That one feature, the fielders hitting the stumps every time is sort of ruining the experience for me, and frustrating me. I was also kind of disappointed with the how easily I could keep out the special deliveries.

Bowling is fairly tough. I am easily getting wickets, and the special balls work well, but really the AI is just too good for me.

But yeah, nevertheless, I still love this game, great work Mindstorm:D. Though I probably won't by CR 2 when it comes out as my laptop won't be able to take it.

In the actual games I failed most of the time because of the run outs and my bowling.

I played 2 online games, I made 1 all out in the first one which was very high lag.

Then in the second online game I played Dino, world number 4. I was pretty hopeless, even though there was low lag. Though, like a good sport, he coached me through and helped me, so I kind of got better.

Yeah. Dino is a great guy. One of the few fair players in that top ranking and he is also very good. I love playing against him even though the lag between us is pretty high

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, certainly a great guy. I had virtually no lag with him, though the bowler would bowl the ball, the animation would go through and then it'd leave his hand a second later which needed some getting used to.

Ironically I also met him in Howzat which is how I got to play him then:D.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Won the game -

5xj4m8.jpg

Was a close one in the end.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well, I loved this game so much, but I've just been immensly disappointed by it.

First of all, I bought the game on Thursday, and have so far only played on easy except for one other game on medium and this game was 50 overs on hard. I was expecting a tough match, for the AI to make 400 then bowl me out for 50. It was also against Australia, not a weaker team.

First, I won the toss (as usual) and put the AI in. They batted more like they were baseballers than cricketers. I mean who slogs from the first over in RL in a 50 over game? So they did manage to hit the odd boundary but lost tonnes of wickets. They were four down after about 3 overs... Come on. It's a power play and they managed to get caught in the slips and outfield repeatedly. I didn't even use the cheap yorker tactics I usually use against the AI.

Then, Ponting consolidated for a while, still smashing the ball for 5 overs odd. After the powerplay, the AI's good period came, where it batted very smartly, and made me change my bowlers and angles. This is when I thought the AI batted very smartly, and made the most of my terrible bowling. Then, after Ponting made 130 odd, I got him and Haddin, and they started to really lose wickets. Johnson then came in and batted well for a while, with a 50, but really Aussie were in a hole due to the silly batting early on.

So I brought back my M, Pathan and he takes out the rest of their tailend thanks to some good swing, where the AI left ball that managed to swing and hit middle. I got some specials with him and used inverse swing to finish the AI. They made 289, a challenging score you'd think...

But it wasn't. The AI bowled only slightly better than the easy AI did and I had virtually no problems for the whole innings, even when my batsmen were rattled and unsettled. I ended up winning by 4 wickets. I smashed everything, but some silly calling (something I just haven't caught well on to, the running), meant I lost 6 wickets. But this was due to my incompetence not the AI's brilliance. The AI kept the same 3 bowlers on for pretty much the whole 23 overs, Lee, Johnson and a little bit of Bracken. It also used Hauritz in the last over. I could've finished the game easily in 18 or 19 overs, but I wanted to practice my hooks and my slog sweeps, so kept getting rattled when it wasn't the right length to do that. All in all, it was just too simple to thrash the AI. Had I batted first, I was on track easily for 1000-1500... And this is my 3rd day of play. The thing is, once the batsman is settled, it's just too easy to score freely even when all fielders are deep.

So I cannot believe that me, a gaming ******, managed to crush what is meant to be one of the toughest cricket AI's there is, after only a few days at the CR crease.

So in my mind, this joins Codemasters and EA as too easy. I might still play 10 over hard games in preperation for online, but that was my last 50 over offline game and 20 overs will probably be easy too. Hopefully I can challenge myself online!

And guys, I am obviously finding this game easier than the others as a newbie, some of you are finding it tough, so I'll try and give yall some tips that I used as a guy requested in another thread.

shirazu

Club Cricketer
The AI bowling really is poor. Actually they bowl fine but the field placements need work. They don't put the fielders where they are most effective. Online is much tougher, although how much tougher depends on whether you are just playing someone decent or someone using the wide tactic.

The AI is somewhat better on hard though.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, I noticed when I played a 10 over game on hard that the AI managed to hit the same spot quite a bit when it was giving me problems. But no, even 10 overs is too easy, made 120 there. Fielding is placement pretty horrible with them.

On online I've only played really good guys (Dino, fazzy, kevern and umarbhutto). All are very good players, and Umarbhutto didn't use the wide tactic against me, though he does against others. Though I was creamed by all of them. I played best with Dino since there is no lag with him. Online is definitely a huge challenge, offline, no.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Hattrick.jpg

That was a hattrick from Adam Voges, the bottom few batsman trying to slog and being caught on the boundary except for the last one which was caught by short third man off an edge. They were playing too aggressively because I scored 195 or so in ten over's. Hauritz got 2 in a row as well and Watson was on a hattrick for the next over if he needed to bowl.

waqar86

School Cricketer
look at mine

Super Star Leage
superstar.png

superstar1.png

International Leage
cric.png

cric1.png

Revolution Leage
234.png

123-4.png

Revolution Cup
won.png

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Was playing 10 over Revolution Cup on hard. I easily made it to the final, not hard at all, though I was really tested against South Africa in the finals.

Lost the first one, the AI scored 120, very chaseable, dunno how I made only 100 odd.

Then, the AI scored 130 odd, and I chased it in the last over.

My batting in the third game was great. I was on 61 after 3 overs. My batting slightly slowed down, but I still managed 150, my high score. The AI came irritatingly close chasing 151, which annoyed me, and exposed my weak bowling and field placement. My most expensive bowling ever in offline modes, got them to 147, 3 short.

But nevertheless, I easily won the cup. which is great :happy .

umair jalil

School Cricketer
I love to Bowl in Cricker Revolution

Look at that..My Best Bowling Performance So far :banana2

Attachments

• best bowling so far.JPG
    best bowling so far.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

saashish

School Cricketer
I played 10 over quick match in medium mode. Still finding the range of shots a bit difficult. Sticking to basics & play fewer shots like straight, cover drive/loft, mid wickt push/loft, cuts. Playing as India against sri lanka as currently the season demands. Scored 64/7 but lost in 8.2 overs. Bowling options for India are little. Need to have atleast 14 players to select a team.

kishores_bin

School Cricketer
Its a superb game to play through LAN. I was adicted to it when I played day and night with mt brother for 3 days. back to work now after a vacation. I am away from him now. Need to start playing with computer. Wish me all the best.. :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread