Custom Field Settings (scroll down for free download)

fisch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
brian_smith said:
i meant how do u actually change between them. would it help saying i was bowling with hoggard and munaf patel?

I'm assuming you mean that you normally lower or increase the number of aggression bars to change the field, in which case you would have to click on the field diagram next to each batsman, then click on 'user defined', in order to use the custom fields. Then switch between fast/legspin/offspin/SLA according to your bowler, and use the small up and down arrows on the right hand side to switch between fields (which can take a very long time!).

darko21 said:
Fisch, you are a master. Thankyou for making this accessible to the ICC public. I am in the World Cup 2007 (ICC 06) using Dan Cullen, Shane Watson, Andy Symonds, Brett Lee and Jason Gillespie. Dan is not fantastic but thanks to improved fielding, he is taking 2 or more wickets a match. Symonds took 7 for 23 off 7 overs in a match against Scotland. It helps to have more than one fielding setting to choose from.

Thanks, darko, it makes all my work worthwhile. Though I do hope it had nothing to do with the fact that you were playing Scotland, but seriously, Symonds :clap...... amazing! Didn't realise the custom fields were that good :laugh.

Anyone else have any feedback? Doesn't have to be positive of course, any comment on how irritating it is to scroll through so many field settings is perfectly welcome.

fisch

Club Cricketer
Hooper said:
You are a legend! Well done! Iam very impressed!

I was hoping that the custom fields might come in handy for your problems in the World Cup, Jordan, only if you need them, of course.

Anyone else have any feedback?

Last edited:

darko21

School Cricketer
Just an idea on other field settings... What if you make experiemental fieldings, those decisions that shape a match. For example, for a while now, opposition captains have place a fielder almost to the side of the bowler's crease to frustrate the bastman (Hayden has been caught out a bit like this). So, maybe there should be some bizarre field settings to catch out a confident batsman.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Fisch from saving private ryan eh holmes?

Ill give these a butchers.

fisch

Club Cricketer
Just an idea on other field settings... What if you make experiemental fieldings, those decisions that shape a match. For example, for a while now, opposition captains have place a fielder almost to the side of the bowler's crease to frustrate the bastman (Hayden has been caught out a bit like this). So, maybe there should be some bizarre field settings to catch out a confident batsman.

Sadly, ICC hasn't reached this level of sophistication yet. Mind games are scheduled to be included in International Cricket Captain 2050.

The_gas said:
Fisch from saving private ryan eh holmes?

Ill give these a butchers.

I wasn't aware of a Fisch in Saving Private Ryan. Maybe you meant Shaving Ryans Pr.... oh forget it.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I tried your field settings, seemed ok at first. It didnt stop me from going at 5-7 an over though. Could you right down some explantions of the fields though please. Some were obvious like Fast Short leg, which i guess meant a fast bowlers bowling short at leg stump. There were others though that i just wasnt sure what they were.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did you read the Word Document Gas? I think he explained them pretty well.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Haha, okay holmes.

But Fisch are these feilds primarily for Tests or 4 dayers? because Im playing in the World Cup and my ODI defensive fields are pretty attacking?!

fisch

Club Cricketer
Hooper said:
But Fisch are these feilds primarily for Tests or 4 dayers? because Im playing in the World Cup and my ODI defensive fields are pretty attacking?!

Are you sure? Incidentally, changing the number of aggression bars of your bowler will have no impact on custom fields. I assume you clicked on the field diagram next to each batsman, clicked on 'User Defined', then used the tiny up and down arrows on the right to get to 'def-od', 'def-od leg', etc. I assume you already know all of this, just thought I'd make sure.

The chances are, the two men saving the single, just to the left and right of the batsman may have been interpreted as close catchers,even though they are not, hence giving the impression that it is an attacking field, when really it is a Defend mode field.

Remember: Defend = 2 men saving single, 7 men saving boundary

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Are you sure? Incidentally, changing the number of aggression bars of your bowler will have no impact on custom fields. I assume you clicked on the field diagram next to each batsman, clicked on 'User Defined', then used the tiny up and down arrows on the right to get to 'def-od', 'def-od leg', etc. I assume you already know all of this, just thought I'd make sure.

The chances are, the two men saving the single, just to the left and right of the batsman may have been interpreted as close catchers,even though they are not, hence giving the impression that it is an attacking field, when really it is a Defend mode field.

Remember: Defend = 2 men saving single, 7 men saving boundary

:pGot me there...I thought they changed all the default fields. Man am I dumb. Thanks fisch!

Users who are viewing this thread