Dale's House Of Retro Studioz

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think New Zealand has produced loads of allrounders John Reid from the 50s and 60s sometimes goes uunnoticedaling with Hadlee and a host of very good allrounders, it must be something I the waters...Barry Knight was a very good English allrounder from the 60s, two best ever must be Sobers and Kallis..then Imran, Botham, Hadlee and Kapil. Franklyn Stephenson and Collis King would have got greater recognition but for being rebels.[DOUBLEPOST=1583510967][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think Lewis is excellent just a bit darker shade and you have him stone cold! Good work!
I don't think there will be another Kapil or Imran in India and Pakistan respectively, both countries just don't have quality proper all rounders who bowl pace and can bat quite well. India has got a shadow of Kapil in Hardik Pandya, but Hardik has bad luck with injuries.

Last edited:

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
For a moment I though you meant @relaxedanderson had got banned and I was picturing some sort of “Falling Down” scenario where he’d been tipped over the edge by someone quibbling with his rating of Martyn Moxon

I was thinking the same thing for a moment. All I could think of was there was a racist mod objecting to me posting Credit to the Nation in the music thread.

And, as I've told you before Dave, my ratings for players like Moxon are based purely on their county performances. If we went only on international performances in the 90s then no England players other than Mike Atherton, Robin Smith, Alec Stewart, Angus Fraser and Phil Tufnell would rate above 30. So leave me alone!!!

Anyway, there's bloody amazing stuff in this thread and rather than go through and thank each bit individually I'm just going to say one big thanks

THANKS

to all the 90's bods who do great work and make this great game even greater for old men like me who are stuck in the past.

Now, if you would all just agree with me that Adrian Dale is the finest cricketer who has ever lived then we may finally achieve world peace.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Aye go on then. I'll bite on that...:lol

View attachment 230519

Duncan Fearnley bat: Check

Shirt number 11: Check

99 overall rating: Pending

Not joking about that. I once worked out that in all the games I saw Adrian Dale play live he had a batting average of around 75 and a bowling average of about 18. He is literally the best player I have ever seen.

Last edited:

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
I once thought about writing to the ECB to say that if they picked Adrian for the England team and gave me free tickets to every Test Match that he played then they would have an all time great player on their hands.

But I didn't because I was 15 years old and I was out after girls.

I now realise I wasted my youth.

Edit: Just realised something else

Dale by Dale.

Sweet!

Got to ask, did you guess the #11 or is there some repository for player numbers somewhere that I don't know about? Google doesn't give that info. Dale's #11 is the type of thing that only hardcore Glamorgan fans or wizards would know about.

Last edited:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I once thought about writing to the ECB to say that if they picked Adrian for the England team and gave me free tickets to every Test Match that he played then they would have an all time great player on their hands.

But I didn't because I was 15 years old and I was out after girls.

I now realise I wasted my youth.

Edit: Just realised something else

Dale by Dale.

Sweet!

Got to ask, did you guess the #11 or is there some repository for player numbers somewhere that I don't know about? Google doesn't give that info. Dale's #11 is the type of thing that only hardcore Glamorgan fans or wizards would know about.

Nah I downloaded him out of your Glamorgan 93 side. So you knew about the number. I also managed to find a combination of stats and perks that gives him a 100 rating :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@DalePlaysCricket remember when I said about Jack Russell and his weird thing of not letting anyone know where he lived...

XxZ29tM.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

pinku

Associate Captain
Hi mate loving your work as always. Just wanted to ask that whenever i try downloading your teams the academy gets stuck, i feel like you have answered this question before if I'm not wrong. I am on ps4 and it says stuck on downloading data. I tried your Dale_toon id and RetroCricket also. Any advice or do you think it is a bug with the game.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Hi mate loving your work as always. Just wanted to ask that whenever i try downloading your teams the academy gets stuck, i feel like you have answered this question before if I'm not wrong. I am on ps4 and it says stuck on downloading data. I tried your Dale_toon id and RetroCricket also. Any advice or do you think it is a bug with the game.

I remember I think @blockerdave had issues using quick download. Have you tried clicking into the teams and choosing download from there?

pinku

Associate Captain
I remember I think @blockerdave had issues using quick download. Have you tried clicking into the teams and choosing download from there?

Yes just tried that also. Really odd as to why it happens. Still managed to download all teams. Im a big fan of World Cup 99 and love your teams and kits. Thank you.

pinku

Associate Captain
Aye I have no idea why that happens

There is another issue i noticed. Whenever i download your teams the custom bats full comes up. I even downloaded lesser teams to get the bats in for your teams but it still did not work. Another issue i can't get my head around haha.

Edit: this is after trying a few ways around to get all bat logos in.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
There is another issue i noticed. Whenever i download your teams the custom bats full comes up. I even downloaded lesser teams to get the bats in for your teams but it still did not work. Another issue i can't get my head around haha.

Edit: this is after trying a few ways around to get all bat logos in.

The academy is bizarre

Users who are viewing this thread