Dalmiya wants Ganguly out, reveals I.G. Bindra

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dalmiya wants Ganguly out, reveals I.S. Bindra

Well, just came across this news article on www.Indiatimes.com.
Now I am not 100% sure on Indiatimes credibility but they do have lot of "insiders" around and are one of the major News Corps. in India. So I do believe it after relating it to all the events that happened. I always felt there was something inside thing to all that. After all some events appeared fishy to me. So here goes the article with the link provided. What's your take on it. Comments!!!!
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/msid-1285456.cms
The murkiness in the BCCI is set for a rerun in the build-up to the adjourned annual general body meeting. The latest salvo has been fired by the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) president Inderjit Singh Bindra on the association's website on Friday.

Bindra has alleged that Sourav Ganguly is being used as a sacrificial lamb by Jagmohan Dalmiya. A former BCCI president, Dalmiya, is said to be very close to Ganguly, but the PCA chief claims that it is just an illusion.
Excerpts:

Ganguly has unwittingly been dragged into the unsavoury happenings in Kolkata cricket. That's how my friend from Kolkata plays his politics. He is prepared to sacrifice even his near and dear for his political survival.
It is common knowledge that four of the five selectors report to Kolkata for instructions. Even Sourav may not believe the preposterous story that he's the victim of board politics.

As far as I can see the simple fact is that Sourav's father Chandy Ganguly and Jagmohan Dalmiya have never seen eye to eye on matters relating to the running of the Cricket Association of Bengal, Chandy being a highly respected former CAB secretary. My friend Jaggu only bought peace with the Gangulys by making them believe that it was he who got Sourav the captaincy and also an extension when everyone was baying for his head.

See how carefully Sourav's exit was planned. If the board was interested in sorting out the spat between Greg and Sourav its president or any other senior official should have rushed to Zimbabwe the moment the coach and the captain started fighting openly. Moreover, why such a confidential and explosive e-mail was asked to be sent to so many people.

Jaggu's next move exposed him completely. He is not the one to run to the mountain. Someone who used to summon the first overseas coach of the Indian team John Wright to Kolkata to discuss sundry things, he was seen flying out to Chennai, taking a late night flight en route to Mumbai for the Review Committee meeting the next day. All for a late night meeting with Greg to douse the razing fire. What on earth made him do that? Sheer desperation to wriggle out of the hole he had pushed himself into. A deal was struck and contours of which are emerging gradually.

For once, Jaggu was caught between the devil and the deep sea! If he had sacrificed Sourav he knew he would invite the wrath of the Kolkattans and if he had forced Greg to leave then the consequences would be disastrous nationally as well as internationally. Just when he was looking for an escape route, Sourav's elbow came in handy for him. If I know Jaggu, he would have advised Sourav not to play in the Challengers in Mohali. He thought, he would kill two birds with one stone, one making Sourav ineligible for selection and, perhaps, to kill the Challenger itself by denying Mohali the opportunity of seeing a great batsman in action.

Once Sourav failed to turn up at Mohali, things have started falling in place for Jaggu. He next told the national selectors to spread the story in the media two days before they were to meet to name the captain that they had no choice but to give captaincy to Rahul Dravid since Sourav didn't play in the Challengers on grounds of fitness. As part of the same scenario, Sourav was also told that he need not go to Melbourne to attend the ICC meeting of captains.

The media plants were nothing but a balloon to gauge public reaction as well as to prepare the Kolkattans for the dethroning of Sourav.
Sourav decided to play in the Duleep Trophy to prove his fitness and form as required under the new fitness law for the players. Chairman of selectors kept saying that the door has not been slammed on Sourav and he could force his way into the side provided the selectors are convinced of his fitness and form. When they met to select the team for the third, fourth and fifth ODIs, the selectors were upstaged by a close confidant of Jaggu who told the TV channels that Sourav would not be in the side!

Dalmiya, meanwhile, rubbished Bindra's allegations, telling a Mumbai daily that the PCA president's outburst did not dignify comment. "How many people in this country are going to believe it?" he said.
"I don't want to respond and then he counter-responds. He wants to be funny, play dirty, he can."
For the skeptics, he has said that a phone call to Chappell will clarify whether that infamous e-mail was even marked to Dalmiya.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I too, believe that this is tue.
It was all over the news channels yesterday.
Maybe Dalmiya may have understood that Ganguly is performing well below par.

Jagmohan Dalmiya is also a very smart man.He has been the ICC president before and he has given test status to Bangladesh inspite of the members being against it.
So I feel that Ganguly's exit may have been well planned by him.
Who knows ?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
But why does Bindra want to come out with this just in time before the BCCI elections with 25 days to go? It seems he wants to score some brownie points over the Dalmiya group by coming out with this!

Following the Indian board politics is utter crap! No one is good! We just have to hope all this does not affect the team's performance on the field!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Dalmiya and Bindra are rivals and both are opposing each other.
It like either Dalmiya or Bindra will come to power.
The Board President will just be a titular head or a rubber stamp of either of these two.Ranbir Singh Mahendra is just a puppet of Dalmiya.So,If Sharad Pawar wins,it will be Bindra back in the office.

Indiangod

International Coach
I hope Ganguly forces his critics to eat thier words, I want Ganguly to come back into his full form agian, Ganguly is still a quality attacking player which will be another benefit for India if he comes back into form.

Users who are viewing this thread