Database has been cracked!!!

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The encryption that locked everyone out of editing the player database looks like it has been cracked thanks to Neil Pickup and others at the CricketWeb.net forum. One of the game designers, Dan released a encrypt/decrypt program on his CricketGames.com web site that allowed hex editing of the original databases. It looks like it is now possible to decrypt the databases, make changes and encrypt the files so the program will recognise it. This means that a player editor is not going to be very far away.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Sounds typical of someone who makes a lot of assumptions.

Go to the ICC forum on www.cricketweb.net and see what they are doing and you'll realise that its not a group of people trying to cheat, they are merely trying to find a way of updating teams and players so the game can be enjoyed a little longer.

Its no different to what people are doing here with Cricket 2004.

And, by the way, I have been playing the ICC series for years and don't need to cheat to be good at it.

madmattg

International Cricketer
I read your message wrong.

I read it as though people were using the data base to change their player ability and stats.

Not an assumption a mis communication.

A fault on my part.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
While it would be certainly possible to create a team of super players I'm sure thats not what is intended. But, as everyone knows some people just can't help themselves.

If you have played the game for a couple of years you'll know its frustrating not being able to update the player databases to reflect the current players. Also the fact that some of the players in the current database have different attributes then the ones in real life.

Now that Empire have closed down their servers for on-line cricketing there is no reason for an encrpted database, which was why it was impossible to update previously.

I can't speak for most people, but I just wan't to update my players to the 2004 ones because I still play this game often.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Yeah I understand.

Thats the huge disappointment with EA 2004. The stats dont update or carry over.

Thats why I love Madden etc they are big on stats and career modes.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Maybe you can answer a Madden question for me then.

Is Madden 2004 released yet? I saw one on-line games store advertise it but when you view the game page it tells you the game is discontinued. I have not found it anywhere else.

michaelwest

School Cricketer
Originally posted by SteveG
Maybe you can answer a Madden question for me then.

Is Madden 2004 released yet? I saw one on-line games store advertise it but when you view the game page it tells you the game is discontinued. I have not found it anywhere else.

Yes it definately is released, in fact I bought it orginally around September last year.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Gilchrist said:
wow...can i have a link please?

lol, Gilchrist, you seem in the mood to dig up the old threads! Whilst in most cases using the search is the best way to find what you want, maybe digging up threads that are years old isn't the way to go. In this case it would be ok to start a new thread.

G

Gilchrist

stevie said:
lol, Gilchrist, you seem in the mood to dig up the old threads! Whilst in most cases using the search is the best way to find what you want, maybe digging up threads that are years old isn't the way to go. In this case it would be ok to start a new thread.
im sorry, but i love this cricket game and i cant get enough of it...i create new threads next time ok? :cheers

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Gilchrist said:
im sorry, but i love this cricket game and i cant get enough of it...i create new threads next time ok? :cheers

Yeh, that's the best thing to do. If the treads a fairly recent one (say a couple of month's) then you should be alright posting in that one. But when it's getting on for a year most people have forgotten about it!

Users who are viewing this thread