DBC 14 Modding for PC

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only modding question that I have is whether there will be steam workshop support for the steam version of the game. That makes it tonnes easier as an end-user to have mods since the whole installation thing is handled automatically and it gets rid of some of the pain of installing mods. If not, I hope that there is an intuitive modular way of installing mods: and a way of easily disabling/enabling them to check any conflicts.

You shouldn't need to overwrite core game content just to have a mod, and it should be easy to add and remove...

grkrama

National Board President
Ross has mentioned in this video with twistie3 that next version of ca is going to support mods, so i guess importing would be handled by CA mostly.

YouBears

School Cricketer
I'm a big fan of the PES series on Xbox and the modding scene found a way of modding the console versions in nearly the same way as modding PC games, without needing to alter disc files and re-burn the disc (requiring a flashed 360).

Basically, when PES released the first kit update, the guys who know how, opened up the files using game modding software and found out how to assign new kits, emblems etc to the game. I'm not one of these experts, but would similar be possible with DB14?

Also, for future games as this may well be too late for DB14, but the GTA 5 system of adding badges to your gangs would work well too. You can create a logo online and download it to the game.

grkrama

National Board President
ya,ross has already discussed modding of pes in consoles, and has said he will checkout if the same can be done for DBC too.

YouBears

School Cricketer
Sorry, i'm new here and don't know who Ross is, just got the game and did a search for modding it. I would assume if the file structure can be figured out, it can probably be done I'd have thought.

grkrama

National Board President
Sorry, i'm new here and don't know who Ross is, just got the game and did a search for modding it. I would assume if the file structure can be figured out, it can probably be done I'd have thought.

Ross is the CEO of Bigant, also community representative here he has been interacting with the community extensively both before and after the game has released and has taken in and implemented a lot of feedback, on modding for consoles, he has said he will definitely look into doing the PES way for DBC also if possible:).

After further thinking about the wider audience that won't mod, the console version will have to wait for patch#3 for mods (*if* indeed we can do them at all, which while seeming likely, isn't 100%).

We've got plenty in mind for the sequel that will have you wanting to buy it

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/dbc14-mod-screenshots-90038-3.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread