DBC 17 Batting

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This video is in career T20 Club match Xbox One S. Difficulty was hard/hard/Veteran, I was only in control of my own player.. I don't think the attributes would be that abnormal to contribute to this... Should i put this in the bug thread as well?

@cricket_online @Acid Burn

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I've also posted in bug thread, Sorry for double posting it in the forum. If you want to delete it from here no problem but i have quoted the post so don't know how it will work. Sorry

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This video is in career T20 Club match Xbox One S. Difficulty was hard/hard/Veteran, I was only in control of my own player.. I don't think the attributes would be that abnormal to contribute to this... Should i put this in the bug thread as well?

@cricket_online @Acid Burn

That's pretty consistent with my experience. In fact I even tried to hit a lofted shot to 3rd man/Square Gully region by holding/pressing L2 modifier and the wkt keeper caught the perfectly timed lofted cut shot, which i thought was headed for a 6 or a one bounce 4, like Superman. From that point onwards the late cut, one of the more productive shots you can play against spinners, was removed from my repertoire of shots.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Really Sad.

I hope that the Patch Submitted cancels these little bugs , really not looking forward to slugging it out as is for the whole holiday break until somewhere February / March when a more comprehensive Patch hopefully fixes everything back to DBC14 Standards.

Boggles the mind that the same mistakes are being made.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Imagining the above made me giggle. Spinners are also super fielders of their own bowling. This also needs fixing.

Yeah. i played a few straight drives against fast bowlers but against spinners it's the same story again as they stop everything - even a full blooded straight drive. Occasional stop from spinners to badly or non-firmly hit straight drives should be ok but the spinners currently stop everything hit in the V. Couple this with no late cuts due to superhuman wkt keeper and a limited cover drive zone and you really struggle to find scoring shots/zones against spinners.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Sweep is the only profitable shot against spinners especially when glancing to leg is almost impossible. I end pulling when I try leg glance to square leg.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Sweep is the only profitable shot against spinners especially when glancing to leg is almost impossible. I end pulling when I try leg glance to square leg.

But it's a high risk one. I got bowled a few times playing the shot. The leg side shot/glance/flick to Square Leg is my go to shot against spinners. It helps every time you connect there's a single for the taking even if you hit it straight to Square Leg.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
You just have to judge the pace and you can hit sweep pretty well. I somehow struggle more with glances.

outbreak

Club Captain
at shield level ive been able to wait for the yorker length ball and just hit spinners back over their head pretty safely.

i thought my wheels were looking a bit empty just due to my play style but i also have big vacant areas i can't seem to hit in to even when there is a gap

atimlin

Club Cricketer
Another shot type that needs looking at is the cut shot -the animation in DBC 14 was perfect for this as evidenced in the video

The 17 equivalent is strange looking and looks extremely rigid

I finally got around to capturing it - compare the one from 14 in my previous post to this one -
It looks like the batsman is playing with his kids in the backyard and should have a stubby in one hand...I hope BA still have access to that DBC 14 cut shot animation

Users who are viewing this thread