DBC 17 Slider Thread

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

Again, looked better when it was first bowled but still it got me excited...
This video shows the one thing I'm really finding frustrating about the changing the sliders. The way the keeper acts he most likely could have gotten that but did nothing this happens quite a lot if sliders get changed. Other than that I'm really enjoying playing around with the sliders.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This video shows the one thing I'm really finding frustrating about the changing the sliders. The way the keeper acts he most likely could have gotten that but did nothing this happens quite a lot if sliders get changed. Other than that I'm really enjoying playing around with the sliders.

I've noticed this with the keepers even with default sliders in my spinner career... The keeper knows when i let go of the ball if he is 'needed' or not and he just doesn't move at all regardless of what the batter does as he already knows. if you get me... :(

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Hey guys
Are we able to put some suggested slider settings on here for all to try? Unfortunately you can make the game real easy or real hard with these sliders and I'm quite glad BA included them. No my push back pat the bowler actually goes for four runs!! However there is a good middle ground somewhere between fun and challenge - we just have to find it

FollowOn

Club Captain
Does the sliders also effect the simulation results? for complete simulated games in career mode (when you skip/simulate the games as oppose to actual playing and the simulate) I am seeing that you get 150/4 kind of scores when you simulate the games which I really wanna change to something like 160/8 on avg.

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Does the sliders also effect the simulation results? for complete simulated games in career mode (when you skip/simulate the games as oppose to actual playing and the simulate) I am seeing that you get 150/4 kind of scores when you simulate the games which I really wanna change to something like 160/8 on avg.

this is a really interesting point.

i simulated the first innings of New Zealands batting in a test match and they score 500 + runs in 100 overs. which has turned me off simulating because that just seems like way too many for 100 overs in a test match.

hopefully the sliders are in effect during simulation to keep results and scores consistent with how it plays out when you are bowling / batting

FollowOn

Club Captain
^Can you update regarding skip/simulated games in career mode with sliders effect on and off? specially for T20s and ODis which will be much easier to judge.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Folks quick question regarding "Ball Friction" and "Pitch Friction" sliders. Does anyone know what they are for and what they do? I thought at least one of those would be for outfield (low friction = fast outfield, high friction = slow outfield) and bumped up both slider values from 50 to 80 but I didn't notice any discernible difference. Any idea?

LEFF

Club Captain
Ball friction would more likely be linked to creating a faster/slower outfield in general.

To that point- what do we think 'bowl quality influence' does?

FollowOn

Club Captain
I think if you bowl more quality deliveries (both circle on green) with bowl quality influence set to high you are more likely to get play n miss , edge , lbws and Ai will generally find it more difficult to score runs of quality deliveries.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ball friction would more likely be linked to creating a faster/slower outfield in general.

To that point- what do we think 'bowl quality influence' does?

My interpretation of "Bowl Quality Influence" is the likelihood of batsman getting beaten or dismissed when he plays an incorrect shot to a delivery. E.g., if it's a short of length outswinger and batsman plays a front foot off drive to it, there would be more chances of getting dismissed compared to if the delivery had been an overpitched delivery.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
can we make this thread a sticky and have the original post edited when new things are found / explained and an ideal test /odi /t20 slider recommendations as we go?

Yes mate, that's the idea, going to playthrough a test tonight and update as we go! Just deciding on what match/type of pitch I'm going for.

Definitely a test, but what pitch do we want to try and simulate

kulch

Club Captain
Bowl quality influence is a batsman difficulty slider so it's purely related to when the human is batting. IMO this determines the quality of deliveries you will face. Either lots of green balls on the stumps or lots of wide red n yellow balls

Users who are viewing this thread