PS3: DBC14 GML- The Most Advanced League Yet! Sign Ups Open!

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Okay well with the amount of people playing DBC14 I thought it would be a good idea to create something similar to Battrick. It would take a lot of effort so I would need lots of help running it. So let me tell you what I'm thinking.

1. We have different leagues for each country. They would roughly be 3 formats.
FC/ Short Test(Someone on the forum mentioned it, its a test match where each team has 60 overs per innings.)
OD/Pro40
T20/T10

2. Depending on the amount of people who sign up, we will allocate each player a position in a country. There will be 4 countries at the start (Aus,Ind,Eng,SA) but as it expands so will the countries. Players will be divided equally into each country(so if 20 people sign up, there will be 5 teams in each country).

3. Each team will start with 20 players (Fictional players) which can be chosen by themselves. However each team will have a set amount of players based on their helmet rating. It will be similar to 2 5* helmets, 5 4*, 8 3* and 5 2*. Players can then choose what type of player each helmet is so for example: 1 5* batsmen, 1 5* bowler, 4 4* bat etc.

4. Once each team has its players they will be given 10 training nets which can be allocated among the team. However to counteract people training 5* players to the max the higher rated the player is when created the older he will be. Also there wont be batting and bowling but will be back foot, out swing, arm speed etc. Every 2 weeks players will be improved by the nets they had or will worsen because of their form + age.

5. Players can also trade amongst eachother, however each team must have minimum 14 players in their squad. Traders will also have the option of trading nets for players to help their team.

6. Youth players will be allowed to be brought up from the academy (created) every month or so and can be traded or brought.

Well thats as far as I need to come up with for now. If you guys have any comments or suggestions then please let me know!

Last edited:

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay well with the amount of people playing DBC14 I thought it would be a good idea to create something similar to Battrick. It would take a lot of effort so I would need lots of help running it. So let me tell you what I'm thinking.

1. We have different leagues for each country. They would roughly be 3 formats.
FC/ Short Test(Someone on the forum mentioned it, its a test match where each team has 60 overs per innings.)
OD/Pro40
T20/T10

2. Depending on the amount of people who sign up, we will allocate each player a position in a country. There will be 4 countries at the start (Aus,Ind,Eng,SA) but as it expands so will the countries. Players will be divided equally into each country(so if 20 people sign up, there will be 5 teams in each country).

3. Each team will start with 20 players (Fictional players) which can be chosen by themselves. However each team will have a set amount of players based on their helmet rating. It will be similar to 2 5* helmets, 5 4*, 8 3* and 5 2*. Players can then choose what type of player each helmet is so for example: 1 5* batsmen, 1 5* bowler, 4 4* bat etc.

4. Once each team has its players they will be given 10 training nets which can be allocated among the team. However to counteract people training 5* players to the max the higher rated the player is when created the older he will be. Also there wont be batting and bowling but will be back foot, out swing, arm speed etc. Every 2 weeks players will be improved by the nets they had or will worsen because of their form + age.

5. Players can also trade amongst eachother, however each team must have minimum 14 players in their squad. Traders will also have the option of trading nets for players to help their team.

6. Youth players will be allowed to be brought up from the academy (created) every month or so and can be traded or brought.

Well thats as far as I need to come up with for now. If you guys have any comments or suggestions then please let me know!

Is this for PC or PS3? Sounds interesting,,,

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Can you explain 3rd and 4th point please?

So each squad consists of 20 players. DBC14 rates people out of 1-5 and that level is placed on a helmet. So when someone creates a team they can choose 2 players who are rated 5, and so on.

Each team will have its on thread where they can say "Mark Kkkk- 1 Front foot batting session". That was just an example and each team can have up to 10 training sessions. Age will be a factor so younger players will improve faster then older players would.

Hope this helps.

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Phenomenal idea. :clap

However, the execution will be a very tricky and difficult thing.

I am a huge battrick fan. Been a paid member for a long, long time. I love the idea of doing relegations/promotions and youth players and training.

However, I think this will be close to impossible to implement with DBC, because of CA. The fact that everyone can edit players leaves the entire system redundant.

I am happy to discuss this with you, but I also feel that, with the amount of premature leagues that are already out there, and the fact that DBC is still a new and novel product, online fatigue could kick in.

A Battrick system will work if there are dozens of matches played every week.

But you know what?

We could almost replicate battrick and introduce the most important concept - virtual money.

How?

By using DBC as a management sim.

No games. Just managing your teams on this thread. One person, the promoter, organises the games. Puts detailed player statistics. Oh my god it can be insanely popular if people join in.

Is that interesting?

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
How?

No games. Just managing your teams on this thread. One person, the promoter, organises the games. Puts detailed player statistics. Oh my god it can be insanely popular if people join in.

Is that interesting?

I was also thinking that people would edit their teams which would be a problem. I feel that if we make it a sim then we'll need a whole new subforum. However I could get that all up and running by this afternoon (less then 14 hrs). I also think introducing money would be great. Infact im going to ask for Matt's go ahead to create a huge simulation bigger then PCPL @MattW. However ill first wait to see how popular it is and we should probably figure out how to implement virtual money and another thing we could do is people can make themselves as their captain. What do you think?

kushari

International Coach
Phenomenal idea. :clap

However, the execution will be a very tricky and difficult thing.

I am a huge battrick fan. Been a paid member for a long, long time. I love the idea of doing relegations/promotions and youth players and training.

However, I think this will be close to impossible to implement with DBC, because of CA. The fact that everyone can edit players leaves the entire system redundant.

I am happy to discuss this with you, but I also feel that, with the amount of premature leagues that are already out there, and the fact that DBC is still a new and novel product, online fatigue could kick in.

A Battrick system will work if there are dozens of matches played every week.

But you know what?

We could almost replicate battrick and introduce the most important concept - virtual money.

How?

Is that interesting?

It sound more interesting the playing the game..I am on...:yes:yes:yes

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
It sound more interesting the playing the game..I am on...:yes:yes:yes

Ideally I'd like it if we actually played the game. However the problem is people can edit their players. If you or anyone have any ideas on how to stop this please let us know!

kushari

International Coach
Ideally I'd like it if we actually played the game. However the problem is people can edit their players. If you or anyone have any ideas on how to stop this please let us know!

Unless @BigAntStudios provide a Option (In upcoming Patches) for Allowing/Not Allowing players to be edited, it is next to impossible to control editing. No matter of Start Rating / Helmet Rating will work..

Last edited:

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Unless @bigantstudions provide a Option (In upcoming Patches) for Allowing/Not Allowing players to be edited, it is next to impossible to control editing. No matter of Start Rating / Helmet Rating will work..

That's why simming would be better.

arjwiz

Associate Captain
I'm all for simming. We will need a very strong database system, so either we do that in excel or in a real database if anyone knows that stuff.

ethybubs

International Cricketer
I'd join this league if it starts up, but only if my country can be either Macedonia or the Pitcairn Islands.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm all for simming. We will need a very strong database system, so either we do that in excel or in a real database if anyone knows that stuff.

I can do all the simming but do you know of a database or excel sheet? Maybe we could contact the people from Battrick?

arjwiz

Associate Captain
I dont think battrick will provide anything to anyone for a sum less than six figures. We will have to build it ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread