Review Demo impressions thread

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Use this thread to tell us about the demo, discuss what you've seen etc.
Demo releases today for Xbox360 Gold Members.
The PC demo and demo for Silver Members will be available next week.

brad352

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
It actually looks rather good animation wise compared to the trailer, so that's a plus. In other news I'm now completely incompetent at cricket games

e: Not entirely sure why there's a long off back in the third delivery of a test, possibly somebody tipped them off that I was declaring after 3 overs

e2: Camera's charging but please accept this artists rendition of the pitch map of Jimmy Anderson's first two overs, which were around bale height. That's one way to "fix" trampoline bounce i guess

e3: I know it's England and all but the CPU fieldsmen seem to fumble/knock the ball down a lot

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 308

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
@brad - what is the scenario in the demo? Clearly you are batting as Aus against England but is it 0/0 bat for 3 overs, choose either side or what?

D

Deleted member 11215

Wahoo just got my first wicket a catch off swann for bopara. seems a very sound game if not the lighting a bit dark

brad352

Executive member
@brad - what is the scenario in the demo? Clearly you are batting as Aus against England but is it 0/0 bat for 3 overs, choose either side or what?

It sets up as the first Ashes test, choose either side then do the toss, bat/bowl for 3 overs and play the second innings as well. Like a 3 over one dayer in white clothes I guess

Xophia

School Cricketer
its good, feels really polished but oh my... Serious problem with AI run outs :crying

z33

School Cricketer
My friend just called me and told it looks good so far.I have asked him and will req people who are trying to get us some gameplay vids :)
Thanks

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It sets up as the first Ashes test, choose either side then do the toss, bat/bowl for 3 overs and play the second innings as well. Like a 3 over one dayer in white clothes I guess

Any choice on difficulty level? Easy would have the tennis ball bounce. Also a 3 over test when they've been plugging the fact you now have to play yourself in :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
its good, feels really polished but oh my... Serious problem with AI run outs :crying

That was a big problem in BLIC2007. Most tests I played there were 3 or 4 runouts per innings (and that was with lousy fielding). Hope it's just a pacing issue for the demo.

brad352

Executive member
Any choice on difficulty level? Easy would have the tennis ball bounce. Also a 3 over test when they've been plugging the fact you now have to play yourself in :D

Full choice of levels, I was on hard and then conceded defeat and went to medium :o
I think it showed me the pitch map when I was playing on medium, I'll go back to hard and see if I get anything on a reasonable length en route to being bowled out for two

sl_fan

School Cricketer
what about the graphics and animation stuff ? :sarcasm

ajdude

International Coach
Is it like the BLIC07 demo, where it resets after you finish playing, or can you immediately begin a new match?

Users who are viewing this thread