Review Demo impressions thread

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was playing with a mate earlier, he had an opportunity off Swann, to be caught by the Wicketkeeper, and caught it. Looked a beauty!

So it is definitely possible. :D

Wow, sharp reactions! It was so unexpected though, everything went slow-mo and then I was that little angel on Matt Prior (at least I had that view) and it said press A!

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Finally I have stuck my first six. It was KP who struck it and I made 39 in 3 overs for the loss of 1 wicket.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I think he did it without really noticing :p

But its certainly possible!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Ah Simon, I saw you on the demo before on my friends list. We'll have to have a head to head online grudge match when the full game comes out my good man! ;)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ah Simon, I saw you on the demo before on my friends list. We'll have to have a head to head online grudge match when the full game comes out my good man! ;)

Finally we'll compete! Its been a long time coming.

Yeah definitely man, I'm going to have wayyyy too much time on my hands come September when I move into Uni, so hopefully others will have it. Its worth it.

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
On what difficulty?

Hard...I have played all my games on hard mode and won all. But I have found a flaw while batting. If u press the button just before the bowler is about to leave the ball from his hand U ll time the shot really well.

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Hard...I have played all my games on hard mode and won all. But I have found a flaw while batting. If u press the button just before the bowler is about to leave the ball from his hand U ll time the shot really well.

Good find, and apparently good skill! Well played mate.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Batting is really nice. I'm pretty naff at the bowling. But I am in love with the batting it's actually hard, doesn't always go for four, can get little nudges into gaps etc.

Only thing I found odd, you have to press the shot your going to play like pretty much after it leaves the bowlers hand. It feels like your timing it really early but it's not.

Can't wait for the demo expansion for the PC demo.

Hush!! No talk of demo expanders, remember? ;)

Brad posted a pitch mat, with all deliveries very full but still going over the stumps, you have not noticed this?

Maybe its because he was playing on easy, still i'd sleep better if you can still get lbw's/and or bowled's off of a length etc.

You mean a pitch map?

Yeah the camera is terrible. And overall the game seems a bit dark; you can barely make out the ball half of the time.

Bad light stopped play? Or was it sunny?

From the reviews it seems that the AI bowling is over-pitched a bit. I read in some thread that the demo build was ready 2 weeks before the playtesters went to codies. So I guess it would've been fixed by now if it was a problem.

Let's hope so, because it sounds like a bit of a gamekiller offline.

Just been on my brother's Xbox and downloaded it. Played it 5 or 6 times and I'm generally impressed. Both bowling and batting are fun. The only real gripe I have at the moment is what's been mentioned in the bowlers overpitching. It seems it's either that or a full over of quite short balls, no mixture, which is a bit annoying. Maybe it'll be fixed for the final build though. Other than that, yeah it is a bit dark which can make it hard to see the ball. Catching is very hard, keep dropping them, but maybe that's just a combination of me being useless and getting used to the new way of doing it!:p

Isn't there a gamma option in the graphics to make everything brighter?

So it means I was thinking you as masterblaster09 :confused:

Not sure what you meant? I'm MB76 and the new guy is MB09. It's not a duplicate account or anything. :)

Hi Guys here comes my review for the demo.

My first impression is Game look stunning and animation are pretty good. Game plays very well. I will start with good stuff before i got to bad.

Good Points.

1. I have played demo for good 2 hours and i still find it pretty hard to score againt AI. I have tried smacking around but no matter what i was not able to score more than 5 runs an over. Really great to see that.

2. Running is amazing really good stuff by transmission.

3. Collision for the ball is pretty good. Not even one ball has past through the pads like BLIC07.

4. Catching system: WoW!!! amazing it will take time to get use to though. I have caught 3 catches out of 7 catches.

5. the bowling does feel real time on the game. Flintoff,anderson, broad, really fast stuff. No Loop.

6. animation are pretty good too. Some of them are really different and you will say ahh! something new.

7. Umpires are and decison making from umpires are so good. I was bowling with siddle and i bowled a yorker on the leg stump, it hit batsman toes and umpire gave it out, although the hawk eye showed that ball was clearly missing leg stuump.

8. The actual menus are so good as well. The game feels fresh, it will take time to get use to but let me tell you you will miss the ball while batting.

9. Ball physic is so good to not like glass mirror where ball keeps going like BLIC.

10. AI leave the ball too, defending as well nothing like blic where they keep going to hit the ball.

11. lords look stunning i have been to lord so i really did feel as if i am in lords once again watching a real match.

there is so many good things about the game. i have to say i am really impressed. I have managed to beat Ai once which shows that AI pacing is so good as well.

i have heard people saying camera angle are same as blic. Let me tell you they are not they are so much different it feels as if i am watching real cricket.

Now lets get to bad stuff.

1. I was batting and ball hit my pads the opposition appeal for lbw, ball rolled over to the stump and knock the bail off but i was given not out!

2. Commentry is a let down, i switched it off after two games.

here you go guys. I think game is great lot more pro's than cons. I am sure you all will enjoy the game to the fullest.

If you are a silver memeber please download the demo as it is working for few of my mates. they have downloded and playing.

It sounds as though the ball has its own physics - unpredictable things like the ball hitting the pad and then rolling onto the stumps, even though it was given not out! :eek:

The batting is naturally aggressive because it's a very short limited over match. It doesn't give an indication as to how thoughtful a full test match needs to be played.

Good point. Maybe the AI is playing like that because there are only three overs.

Ok, I just went round to my mates and played the demo, I have to say.. XD.

Pros:
1. I edged alot thanks to bad shot selection.
2. I timed one 'perfectly' (in the timing meter) and it went for four.
3. Ricky Ponting caught an aboslutely blinder off me in mid off, something I haven't seen before.
4. I have seen a difficult edge chance been dropped, which is good for realism, and some drop short aswell.
I only played 1 game so I didn't really get a decent chance, but
Cons:
1. It was pitched quite full, I only faced one short ball.
2. Catching, despite being realistic, is extremely hard (on my account).

I was playing on hard mode. :)

Blinding catches are so important in cricket, so if they've now been included in the game (although not all the time), then so much the better.

For the first time ever I'm actually reading "I'm impressed" from numerous people after getting hands on a Cricket game. This alone sounds promising, and different to the usual "Oh its crap again"!

That's right!

Dont worry you will hear this also by the month after release;)

How do you know? Pessimists are not required here.

Oh, I agree that it is enjoyable.

Perhaps I'm just not pitching the ball properly. Do you always bowl in the yellow or do you sometimes stray into the green?

Oh, and I keep getting crazy run outs by the CPU unfortunately.

That's the other thing I don't like the sound of.

Take it all back.

Played another game and stuck the Aussies in to bat and they defended and left to their heart's content.

Must have been because of the 3 over run chase in my previous game that they started trying to play at virtually everything.

Phew! This bodes well, they eventually scored 12/1 , Prior taking a beaut of a catch off of Broad after Hughes edged a defensive shot! No crazy running either.

Colour me totally impressed.

I guess I just panicked after seeing the Aussies chase my 13 runs in my other game.

Final batting figures were Hughes 6 (11) Ponting 4* (1) and Katich 2* (6) That's more like it.

Then it seems that something different does happen in every game, if not after every ball.

Interesting reactions so far ! Can't wait for the PC demo.
Can you guys upload more videos of the demo please!! The rest of us are really anxious!

Does anyone have a release date for the PC demo?

Sorry, just quite impressed. I'll type something more understandable.

Matt Prior just tried to cut a short-ish ball, bottom edged it and played the ball onto his own stumps. Fantastically realistic the way the ball moved.

Very impressed by this game so far!

Again - unpredictable physics. Good!

Finally I have stuck my first six. It was KP who struck it and I made 39 in 3 overs for the loss of 1 wicket.

Did you see it actually fall down into the crowd, or did the camera cut away before it landed?

One other thing, what's smashing the stumps like? Does it happen the same all the time, or are there variations?

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
That was one hell of a post! And to make this not spam, i'll have to add a bit more.
So far, all the positive reviews and hype is really looking good, and i can't wait to buy it.
Whats everybodies views on the commentary? I thought it was really dull, and re-used even fro 05. Not cool. What do you guys think?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
To put it simply, Shane Warne = God. His commentary is insightful, and good. Although, like every other game, after 10 games, you've heard it all.

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Ouch,

Johnson to Bopara, lifting ball, hits his shoulder, onto the wickets. :( Bad times!

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
To put it simply, Shane Warne = God. His commentary is insightful, and good. Although, like every other game, after 10 games, you've heard it all.

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Ouch,

Johnson to Bopara, lifting ball, hits his shoulder, onto the wickets. :( Bad times!

Unlucky! How did it get from his shoulder to the wickets? Hmm. Anywayz, I agree with you on the commentary front, Shane Warne will be a great addition to a dull commentary team. And, you said it, after 10 games, you've heard it all.

Users who are viewing this thread