Review Demo impressions thread

z33

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok ill play on hard and ill upload the whole match. btw where should i upload it? since it will be HQ the size will be quite big. and ill have to encode the mpeg to xvid avi i guess so that too should take a while. hopefully ill have it up in a couple of hours. cheers.

Just upload it on something like hotfile etc possibly nt rs

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
can I ask, did any of the PC testers see this when they tried it and did they ask any questions about them?

From what I've read the demo was ready a couple of weeks before the guys actually tested the game. Maybe some things changed between then and the guys testing the game.

To add to the positive list:
- running between the wickets is really good, the dive is a nice touch!
- guiding the ball around whilst using the defensive button is better than ever.
- edges not always carrying to the slips, edges also going into the gaps and running down towards 3rd man boundary - absolutely love this.

I had something for the negatives as well but can't remember what it was....:sarcasm

ballers101

Club Cricketer
If you are a silver memeber please download the demo as it is working for few of my mates. they have downloded and playing.

Wait so they have downloaded the game and they are a silver member I am a silver member it says that you must be a gold member what account are they from tho. Are they using australian accounts, Uk, Indian.

To anyone who thinks they know the answer. If you use a 48 hour trial gold membership should you be able to play this game?

srk121

International Coach
So far I'm cautiously impressed.

Liking all the mechanics regarding the batting and bowling/fielding however, and it's a biggie, I have concerns regarding the AI as usual.

In my last match against the Aussies I bat first and scored 12/1.

When bowling I bowled virtually every ball in the yellow bowling zone so as to give them little chance to hit a 'perfect' shot.

Both Katich and Hughes swung at virtually everything. I did not see one defensive shot and only saw one leave.

Is this simply due to them treating it as a 3 over match and chasing 13 runs or is this the AI mentality of opening batsmen on day one of a test??

I was playing on hard and lost the game on the first ball of my 3rd over. Katich was 4 off of 3 and Hughes 9 off of 9.

As per BLIC07 I see not too much wrong with the basic mechanics and actually immensely enjoyed both batting and fielding but it's the AI that will make or break this title.

I read that AI batsmen now had advanced AI to acknowledge run rates etc and that is the only way I can explain the way the openers play in this demo.

I hope so anyway!

I actually disagree to that, i have played 13 matches now and i won my 1st match. last match i score 15 runs they defended the good ball and played a short at the bad balls. eventually they won but AI seems pretty good and are able to calculate the run rate pretty well. Its a demo but the impression of the actual gameplay as pretty decent. I am enjoying everybit of it. i have recorded the whole match i will post it later on as i have to go somewhere right now.

srk121 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Wait so they have downloaded the game and they are a silver member I am a silver member it says that you must be a gold member what account are they from tho. Are they using australian accounts, Uk, Indian.

To anyone who thinks they know the answer. If you use a 48 hour trial gold membership should you be able to play this game?
Yes they are silver members and it is working for the, try out the 48hrs it may work for you mate.

Golden28

Club Cricketer
I actually disagree to that, i have played 13 matches now and i won my 1st match. last match i score 15 runs they defended the good ball and played a short at the bad balls. eventually they won but AI seems pretty good and are able to calculate the run rate pretty well. Its a demo but the impression of the actual gameplay as pretty decent. I am enjoying everybit of it. i have recorded the whole match i will post it later on as i have to go somewhere right now.

srk121 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Yes they are silver members and it is working for the, try out the 48hrs it may work for you mate.

Oh, I agree that it is enjoyable.

Perhaps I'm just not pitching the ball properly. Do you always bowl in the yellow or do you sometimes stray into the green?

Oh, and I keep getting crazy run outs by the CPU unfortunately.

Sureshot

Executive member
For the first time ever I'm actually reading "I'm impressed" from numerous people after getting hands on a Cricket game. This alone sounds promising, and different to the usual "Oh its crap again"!

I'd recommend you take what Stevie said over what most other people say.

They have said that they've changed quite a lot since the playtest, and apparently the demo build is 2 weeks older than that. The release version should be good, and at least we are now in an era of consoles where all 3 platforms can be patched, unlike the PS2/Xbox era.

Stevie said:
I had something for the negatives as well but can't remember what it was....

No Ginsters sponsorship!

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From one match on normal that played i got following impressions,
1. Outfield cameras are simply bad.
2. Bounce looks like BLC2007.
3.Batting camera looks too far, but i think in full version there will be option to fix the camera and move it closer.
Positives
For some reason movements of the player feel like Fifa 09 (realistic)and that's a really good thing.
Bowling seems enjoyable with options of cutter,normal and reverse swing.

Overall it looks better to me than game releases in past 10 years after brian lara cricket 99 but will get to more points after i play demo like 1000 times:happy

srk121

International Coach
Oh, I agree that it is enjoyable.

Perhaps I'm just not pitching the ball properly. Do you always bowl in the yellow or do you sometimes stray into the green?

Oh, and I keep getting crazy run outs by the CPU unfortunately.

I have balled constantly in yellow zone as well. Actually once AI had to score 23 and first over i bowled everything in yellow they score 7 runs. second over i picked up a wicket and i again balled in yellow zone but they manage to score 5 runs from it. 3rd over i constantly bowled in yellow yorker katich defended 2 ball and then tried play shot he 1st his me on the leg side for a boundry. then he payed paddle sweep to me where he came out and made it into full toss which was amazing. Great stuff. Though AI lost but AI kept trying to win the game.

Sheheryar

School Cricketer
guyjust finished my 2 matches one in hard one in easy.....

batting is quite difficult in hard match and i manage to score only one 4 from grame swann and lost like 7 wickets........

The best thing i like about camera was the angel it covers in the beginning of the match is really awsome... it covers from the back of the advertisement boards and ground looks beautiful...

the part i like in commentary was when Shane warne admit that the fastes bowler i played was Shoaib Akhtar and he gave a 2 min speach on his pace and bowling hehehhe...

I lost seven wickets 3 of them were out in slips edging both in 1st and 2nd slip which is really good and we have not scene much in BLIC07....

other 3 were bowled not very impressed with the bowled's though...

Twice siddle bowl me on pads and the first one empire turned it down which was plum and hawk eye also suggested but next bowl was again similar and empire took a long time and judged LBW which was again plum...

Overall very impressed with the LBW and nicks in slips but bowled's were not that impressive.

In the end Swann hit only one boundary but he got a round of aplouse and he raises his bat...

In the bowling in hard mode i tried bowling a slower bouncer from Jimmy and Hughes pulled me for a cracking one bounce four...

In the prvious previews ppl said which i will 100% agree that in action replay you cant see the ball.

I also tried bowling a doosra from Swann but he cant bowl it with a new ball i believe...

in the second match i comp scored 36 and i chased down in the last ball with petersen scoring the final runs of the last ball... celebration done in the end was very impressive and this time when they were going out of the ground both the batsman showed there bat and it looks really good the kind of applause they got...

No man of the match announced in the end....

The beauty in the game is catching, that was the best thing and rightly said its a mini game in the game.... you will love the catching.....

Cheers guys....

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Things I hate must be;

- Camera work just seems a bit bodged up, not really a fan of it.
- They really need to add a manual replay option, seriously how hard can this be?

Golden28

Club Cricketer
Take it all back.

Played another game and stuck the Aussies in to bat and they defended and left to their heart's content.

Must have been because of the 3 over run chase in my previous game that they started trying to play at virtually everything.

Phew! This bodes well, they eventually scored 12/1 , Prior taking a beaut of a catch off of Broad after Hughes edged a defensive shot! No crazy running either.

Colour me totally impressed.

I guess I just panicked after seeing the Aussies chase my 13 runs in my other game.

Final batting figures were Hughes 6 (11) Ponting 4* (1) and Katich 2* (6) That's more like it.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Just wanted to add more.

I think that the full game will be really satisfying, especially test matches and 50 over matches. Right now we have only three overs so were trying all types of shots etc. When it's the real deal it will feel satisfying building up an innings and playing each ball to it's merits.

One more thing I noticed, was batting with Strauss and tried to cut the ball but it was a tight line and it got a inside edge onto the stumps, that was pretty cool, the bowler was Siddle I think.

drew_3

School Cricketer
for anyone with an xbox silver subscription if you create a new account and go through setting it up, you can get a one month trial on gold!!have done this and it works!

would have liked to have played this on my ps3 instead but what can you do!

Params7

International Cricketer
The true sequel to Brian Lara 99 confirmed =]
Wish the demo had also come to the PSN store too but its just 2 weeks wait for the release, I'll have to finish Fallout 3 by then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread