Your Cricket Discuss Your Cricket

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Quite often there's some stuff about my cricket that I want to say, but none of it's really worth creating a whole new thread for, and I just thought of creating a general thread now, the title sums it up.

I went down to the nets today, I normally bowl spin, but I decided started off with a few medium pacers, and all of the sudden I got the ball to seam about the most I've ever been able to. I was using a pretty old ball, but it was seaming about and skidding on, which was completely unexpected.

Then I went to my leggies (right arm around), first ball I pitch it way outside leg (almost off the pitch), and it spins and bounces up into my mates chest who was on the stumps. I've always struggled to spin the ball, so again this was completely unexpected. By the end I had bowled quite a few more or less perfect deliveries, and started to get back up to where I was last season when I actually played properly.

My batting's still a bit all over the place, I only really have two modes, block or slog, so I'm trying to work on pushing singles etc.

I guess I'm a bit of a Tim McIntosh when I play in games, I get out quite often in single digits, but when I get my eye in I normally do quite well, it's just those first ten or so runs that I struggle for.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I went down to the nets today, I normally bowl spin, but I decided started off with a few medium pacers, and all of the sudden I got the ball to seam about the most I've ever been able to. I was using a pretty old ball, but it was seaming about and skidding on, which was completely unexpected.

Then I went to my leggies (right arm around), first ball I pitch it way outside leg (almost off the pitch), and it spins and bounces up into my mates chest who was on the stumps. I've always struggled to spin the ball, so again this was completely unexpected. By the end I had bowled quite a few more or less perfect deliveries, and started to get back up to where I was last season when I actually played properly.

demons of the pitch.:p

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i get the ball to do heaps of things when i bowl in the nets... except spin the way i want it too. :p i bowled some chinamens and the ball bounces chest high almost all the time and spins a little. if only i could control my line and lenght when i bowl those i'll be pretty good because i have the googly too. much easier to bowl offspin or my medium pace tbh.

i play in the nets pretty often but i want to play in a game with friends but we can never get enough organised at one time :(

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
hmm, finally got a bat up the order at #5 and scored 14, my highest score this season, with 3 boundaries, all off this erratic fast bowler over the space of a few overs. First boundary was a bouncer which I hooked away for 4. Then I had a full toss outside the offstump which I drove through point for 4 and then my last boundary was the best of the lot. Next ball, it was a bit wide but I was confident and stepped way forward and played a cover drive through cover point and raced away for the boundary. Then I got out to the spinner though just before tea when I hit a half volley straight to point. We lost another 2 wickets before tea though. We only ended up making 258, including a 50 run last wicket partnership, but Blake starred with 125 (we made a 55 run partnership) as I was the fourth highest score, with the skipper making 40 down at 10 and our #11 batsman scored 20*. The rest pretty much failed. Didn't manage to take a breakthrough late in the day and I didn't get a bowl, with the skipper giving the ball to his son for 2 overs rather than me, although he didn't bowl too badly even though he didn't take a wicket.

Going into the nets tomorrow. Will work a bit more on my doosra and batting technique.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't play cricket but a cricket ball got hit into my grandma's backyard so I tried to bowl with that a bit. (they came round to get it but she doesn't speak much English so she didn't understand what they wanted...)

Got the off-spinners to work nicely. Spun a nice amount and were pretty accurate. Medium pacers were slightly less accurate and leg spin was all-over the place but spun quite a bit.

You get really stupid bounce on a backyard grassed area sometimes though. Made it quite hard to bat.

And that's basically my whole cricket experience.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It has been ages since I have played any sort of cricket. The most I get is to bowl some under arms to my 2 and half year old son :D. He hits them pretty hard though :thumbs

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fling, we don't have cricket nets in school. We usually have to practice (or play) friendlies on cricket grounds outside the school.
I am a pure batsman, have done very good several times accelerating the run-rate.
I suck at bowling though, and am a good fielder.

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
hey guys, i thought a few times about opening a new thread about our "club" over here in germany. would you be interested in it??
about our club...first of all you have to know that im german (which explains my bad english) and in germany cricket is a nearly unkown sport. a lot of people even think its the same as crocket. i started playing baseball a couple of years ago and in the same way i got interested in cricket. due to my job (drill sergeant in the army) im only at home on my weekends so there is not much time left to spend on a hobby. thats why i had to quit baseball almost 4 years ago but i always kept an eye on cricket. last year i came up with the idea to start a german cricket club and asked my friends to join. only a few of them showed interest so we are 5 members only so far. we tried to get new people and printed flyers to hand out in pakistani/indian restaurants. the respone was very weak but we got in touch which a tamil who has good contacts to tamil communities in our area. he also organized some (tennis ball) matches last year.
just to let you know, there are a couple of cricket clubs in our area run by pakistani/indian immigrants. the problem is that they play on a level which is way too high for us and most of the clubs didnt show any interest in having beginners in their team. so we never had any coaching or something like that. since im the "most experienced" player i try to teach the others the technics of the game which ive learned from youtube videos :-)
my personal goal is to become a decent allrounder. i work on my batting and started to try out (left arm) wrist spin. im now looking for any advices concerning the game, training and so on. i will be grateful for every help youi can give.

to give you an impression what we are all about check these two links for pictures. we appreciate every comment or add

we had some youtube videos uploaded but i deleted them weeks ago because be got much better in that time and the videos made us look like complete losers

Gl?ck Auf cricket Club (Gl?ck Auf Cricket) on Myspace

Welcome to Facebook

thx guys

cheers & beers

Julian

PS: next time i could make a small video to show you exactly how we play/train and in return you guys could give specific feedbacks about our skills.....
first training of this is year is planned in two weeks (winter over here)

P

pcfan123

Was on campus this morning to register and there was a group of guys playing tape ball cricket in an alley, was great to see. I even stopped by and bowled a delivery and they were tres impressed :)

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Had my first Session of the New year on Sunday, I bowled quite well and accurately (I bowl Legspin). I also bowled one of the best deliveries I have ever bowled, the ball drifted in sharply, pitched around legstump and just clipped the top of offstump. I'm batted ok but got a top edge playing a poor sweep shot.

I've also introduced my friends at school to tape ball cricket and its sort of getting them into cricket as they don't play it seriously or follow it seriously, so its good to get them into cricket.:)

darthlewis1

Club Captain
^How popular is tape ball cricket in England. Its very common here in Pakistan.

Well I don't know anybody else who plays it other than me, street cricket is nothing like it is in pakistan, Its just not as popular compared to football.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Made my highest score in Senior cricket today. May have been only 43 but still way higher than my previous best (which I scored last match :p). Hit 6 boundaries in that and got us to a decent total. We were 65/6 when I went out there and I hit 43 off about 50-60 balls (Guessing that but I was out there for just under 20 over) and got us to 150 odd. Of course it ended up giving us no chance of getting outright, as we were probably going to declare earlier but Les didn't want to declare while I was going so well. We still managed to take 6 wickets or something and I took 1 but I bowled pretty ████, I kept dragging it down and I got my wicket with a pretty bad ball, outside leg stump to the left hander and he just picked out the deep square leg.

I'm bowling like ████ now. Last match, I took 7 wickets (7/65) and took 0/14 off 1 over in the first innings of this match and 1/32 off 3 overs in the second. Hope i can get back into bowling form again before my school match as I don't want to lose it for the team.

Users who are viewing this thread