Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads Help Desk

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Hello, this is going to sound silly but I am confused as heck how to install mods. Bought the game late on PC (had it on PS3) I tried doing something, some logos were cool and all, some kits were good but I messed up. I know @Llewelynf has all the kits if I am not wrong, how do I go ahead and install those? any help would be appreciated. @blockerdave @nutshot

I'm in the same boat as you mate, no clue how to install mods in this game. I've not even installed any mods yet Pakistan ODI kit has a "CA" logo on the pants...wth? Also from my understanding the mods replace a kit pattern in the academy but what is confusing me is there's only so many patterns in the game so what if you want every kit modded from International to Domestic...how would it work if there's not enough patterns to go around? @blockerdave @grkrama

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm in the same boat as you mate, no clue how to install mods in this game. I've not even installed any mods yet Pakistan ODI kit has a "CA" logo on the pants...wth? Also from my understanding the mods replace a kit pattern in the academy but what is confusing me is there's only so many patterns in the game so what if you want every kit modded from International to Domestic...how would it work if there's not enough patterns to go around? @blockerdave @grkrama

this is where the per- team modding comes in.

basically set up the top-level kits as you want. and if you find a clash - e.g. 2 sides use the same pattern for the same kit style - you set up a numbered sub folder for ONE of those teams. the team without the subfolder continue to use the pattern in the top directory, and the second team use their numbered folders.

it's not massively user-friendly, but equally if you read the beginning of grkrama's thread and the guide to per-team modding thread then it tells you everything you need to know.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@blockerdave Thanks man I will definitely check that out as it basically put me off modding lol! I hope dbc17 is more user-friendly when it comes to modding, then again I'm used to the old EA games where each team has their own file and you just replace it.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm planning a better visual experience, can someone tell me how to edit the font and numbers for kits?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Is there a way to replace the stump sound? I have some good sound files I could possibly replace the current stump sound with which is a bit flat imo. Thank you guys :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Hello yet again, is there an exstensive tutorial on how to make kits? I know @Ben_10 made one but it seems really really unclear and a lot of stuff has been left out of it I have so many questions that don't make sense to me as I've never really worked with this style of modding for kits before so I'm at a loss. If anyone can help me please feel free will be appreciated!

-How do you get sponsors onto the shirt? I just put the logos and team sponsor onto the original .dds for example I was editing current_00 shirt pattern and I put "Pakistan" on the front but it came out all funny in game, I opened up some other peoples kits and when I click the sponsors .dds files in photo shop it's just random blocks of color no actual sponsors there...and on one of snowycasanova shirts it had the england world up and 3 lions on the original shirt pattern .dds along with the england ODI lion design...I'm really really confused what the process is here?

-What's the deal with shirt patterns, for example Pakistan's 2015 world cup shirt, it has a unique pattern with the lines going down the top half and then a twirly sort of pattern in the bottom half, where do you go about editing this? on the main "Layers" channel on photoshop or do you have to go into the RGBA. Also once you are there how do you implement it, like what color it's supposed to be an what not, as right now I put "PAKISTAN" in yellow writing but in-game it just came out a bit darker than the lime green color of the kit

I can't get to grips at all with how to mod kits in this game, just seems really confusing to me. I want to make kits so bad as it was something I enjoyed doing in the EA games and got pretty good at it, but this is bloody rocket science.

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
i used some stumps i odi and t20 its shown in the matchs but in test i set it correctly but in matchs default stumps is always there why?

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
bat making tutorial is very clear but kits making tutorial not detailed please any body give detail tutorial for kits template

umair4643

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Can anybody knows why after playing one game in career or any tournament the kits and bat don't load as are in related folders ? The kits change with the DBC own kits and so is bats. Please help me if anybody knows that Thanks

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can anybody knows why after playing one game in career or any tournament the kits and bat don't load as are in related folders ? The kits change with the DBC own kits and so is bats. Please help me if anybody knows that Thanks

unfortunately, that bit just doesn't work properly. it's the same in tours too. it's not game breaking so i don't think we can expect it to be fixed at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread