Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I bought a new graphics card (GTX 1050) and maxed out everything in the settings, resumed my career and guess what?

This game looks and behaves completely different, at least I felt it that way. I got butter smooth 90+ FPS and to my surprise, I was able to pick up the line and length more easily after the upgrade. I think I was able to see everything very clearly and hence there wasn't a need to premeditate.

If only I had known this earlier, I would have upgraded my rig much earlier. I now realize the importance of playing at full settings. The experience just becomes x10 better.

Thanks @BigAntStudios for this lovely game.

DBC 17, here I come.

B

Bigby Wolf

So I bought a new graphics card (GTX 1050) and maxed out everything in the settings, resumed my career and guess what?

This game looks and behaves completely different, at least I felt it that way. I got butter smooth 90+ FPS and to my surprise, I was able to pick up the line and length more easily after the upgrade. I think I was able to see everything very clearly and hence there wasn't a need to premeditate.

If only I had known this earlier, I would have upgraded my rig much earlier. I now realize the importance of playing at full settings. The experience just becomes x10 better.

Thanks @BigAntStudios for this lovely game.

DBC 17, here I come.
Fps does play a part especially playing online i noticed this when i played on the lowest resolution - the more fps you have the better are your chances of less premeditation.

GramGram

School Cricketer
Career mode thoughts and questions

Hi all. I've been playing career mode for a while, in my third season at the moment as a fast bowling all rounder.

I'm mostly into test / first class games as that's where the meat or the game is.

I've found that batting is reasonably straightforward; being disciplined until the confidence bar is high then using good shot selection means I can get fifties, sometimes hundreds but generally bat for ages and get totally immersed.

With bowling I haven't had such an easy ride. I average 28 and my strike rate is close to 90. The best way I've worked out to bowl is just short of the green zone for the first bar, and on the first green line for the second (length). Doing this, with the odd faster ball, then the odd wide of / close to crease delivery, plus occasional shorter or fuller length balls - this allows me to put pressure on batsmen.

Occasionally I feel like a batsman is getting anxious and a wicket is in the offing, and it happens! This can be a real buzz. But there are lots of times where I feel I'm just keeping it tight without any threat.

No five-fors yet, three seasons in. I'd love some thoughts on wicket generating bowling and bowling plans.

Great game though. Sad to see '17 is apparently a poor sequel.

D

Dutch

Career mode thoughts and questions

Hi all. I've been playing career mode for a while, in my third season at the moment as a fast bowling all rounder.

I'm mostly into test / first class games as that's where the meat or the game is.

I've found that batting is reasonably straightforward; being disciplined until the confidence bar is high then using good shot selection means I can get fifties, sometimes hundreds but generally bat for ages and get totally immersed.

With bowling I haven't had such an easy ride. I average 28 and my strike rate is close to 90. The best way I've worked out to bowl is just short of the green zone for the first bar, and on the first green line for the second (length). Doing this, with the odd faster ball, then the odd wide of / close to crease delivery, plus occasional shorter or fuller length balls - this allows me to put pressure on batsmen.

Occasionally I feel like a batsman is getting anxious and a wicket is in the offing, and it happens! This can be a real buzz. But there are lots of times where I feel I'm just keeping it tight without any threat.

No five-fors yet, three seasons in. I'd love some thoughts on wicket generating bowling and bowling plans.

Great game though. Sad to see '17 is apparently a poor sequel.

Check out Franco Baldo's hack in the download section......a must have for bowling!

GramGram

School Cricketer
Check out Franco Baldo's hack in the download section......a must have for bowling!

Sadly I play on PS3 - I have no idea if my laptop could handle the game. Might need to research. In summary what do the downloads do for the game?

Thanks for the reply.

D

Dutch

Sadly I play on PS3 - I have no idea if my laptop could handle the game. Might need to research. In summary what do the downloads do for the game?

Thanks for the reply.

Ah yeah the hack is for pc: it makes the game totally different: much more like proper cricket: real bowling, edges, misses...batsman play much more to their strengths etcetera

GramGram

School Cricketer
Ah yeah the hack is for pc: it makes the game totally different: much more like proper cricket: real bowling, edges, misses...batsman play much more to their strengths etcetera

Hmm. Tempting! I've had a look online and my weak as piss laptop would need some upgrading to cope with the game, but I do love this game!

GramGram

School Cricketer
Just out of interest; can I get advice on what I'd need to do to upgrade a HP pavilion g6 to get on this improved version of b14? I no next to nothing about that stuff!

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sounds like you pirated the game. Enjoy the rain.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just opened up DBC 14 for the first time in about a year because I wanted to check my old career stats against my new ones on DBC 17 - except suddenly none of my save files are appearing in the game. The continue career option is simply greyed out. If I start a new one, it creates a new file with the next number up in the same folder as all my old saves, but none of them are appearing in the game, including my old competition mode saves too. Does anyone know what's causing this? I never had the problem before and there have been no updates to the game files or anything. As it is, I've got three years of career mode stats that I now can't view. All my files are in the correct folder, but the game can't see them.

jesuwin

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello, I have my DBC 14 Crashed because whenever i enter the Don Bradman Academy it says "CHECKING FOR SERVER MESSAGES" and gets crashed into desktop. What Shall I do?? AND SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH

Users who are viewing this thread