Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I was impressed as soon as I read Ross saying this was his own personal "pet" project. This wasn't something forced on him. This is a desire to make something from his own personal interests. I have to say that I'm now very interested in this game. Ide also like to just say thanks to Ross for joining this site and communicating with us. Good luck with your game.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Check our rugby league player editor here: (The cricket one is better than this!)
Brilliant! Tattoos? Haha, loved that bit. I'm assuming it will be there for Cricket too. McCullum, KP...

And, if it is better than this, you have got me waiting very eagerly for the game to come out! :)

We're keeping our licenses up our sleeve for now

That does mean there will be licenses then? :p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Gotta say, you guys do a great job on the match day atmosphere. Plus the stadiums and crowds look AWESOME.

That does mean there will be licenses then? :p

I'm putting money on the Big Bash League being licensed along with the Australian domestic sides.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'm putting money on the Big Bash League being licensed along with the Australian domestic sides.
Aha, yeah. They are based in Australia so, that would be expected. International licensing is what I'm looking forward to. I've been saying it's not important but, if it's there, it's a bonus. Game modding takes care of that stuff.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
That would likely come with the Cricket Australia licence that Trickstar have. I think Australia and England being licensed is the one thing you can rule out - unless they can get the licence for the ICC tournaments like BLIC 2005/07 had.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here are some other videos (the trailer and also a grand final run-on from a week ago), it's not Cricket but you get the idea of the quality, all images and video provided are from in-game and untouched (not photoshopped) unless said otherwise:

Rugby League Live 2 trailer - YouTube

Rugby League Live 2 | Grand Final 2012- Bulldogs v Storm - YouTube

Take a bow.Superb stuff! Expectations are really high now.Hope we get the same quality stuff for the cricket game.
The screens looks awesome.Loved it!
Also would you mind giving any information about the realease?

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
International licensing is what I'm looking forward to. I've been saying it's not important but, if it's there, it's a bonus. Game modding takes care of that stuff.

Agreed mate. International licenses would be icing on the cake, but as long as the career mode includes plenty of domestic competitions I will be more than satisfied. I think Big Ant have a good history in this regard as RLL2 had HEAPS of comps.

Only thing I would say about modding, is that I hope they allow us to change the name of teams and possibly upload emblems, aka PES.

Other prediction that I have is that the pitch will wear with use and weather. They included this in RLL2 :thumbs

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Rugby League Live 2 | Grand Final 2012- Bulldogs v Storm - YouTube
I hate to say it, but to point out for everyone, there's cheerleaders in it. One of those things that seems to be requested all the time for Cricket but would never make the list of a useful feature to add. If the game is sharing stuff with the RLL2, then does that mean that presentations, cheerleaders and all that will actually be there?

I don't know if I want that answer to be yes.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hate to say it, but to point out for everyone, there's cheerleaders in it. One of those things that seems to be requested all the time for Cricket but would never make the list of a useful feature to add. If the game is sharing stuff with the RLL2, then does that mean that presentations, cheerleaders and all that will actually be there?

Got to agree on this.

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

Yeah I noticed this too. To be honest, I know that all this stuff is to a certain extent window dressing, but it is still important in creating an authentic feeling cricket game.

Yes having good gameplay is paramount, but decent gameplay with all the extra whistles and bows would be a great start for Big Ant's first game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yes, all of the presentation values, lighting systems, players systems (sweat, etc...) have all come across from out previous games.

Where they are appropriate, cheerleaders, ticker tape, celebrations, fireworks, etc.. will be there :)

Users who are viewing this thread