Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I know what you're saying and I know that to be true, Im just saying the general atmosphere on the DB14 forum is a bit biased towards the game.

For example, in the Gameplay with BARS thread, a few people mentioned the slow speed of the bowler through the crease and immediately a pack of you fangirls attacked them about it....

So what you're saying, is that a forum specifically for DB14...is bias towards DB14? What a shock...

You need to distinguish between the so-called 'fan girls' and those who defend the game with actual facts in a level-headed manner. Plenty of people were defending the speed of the bowler with the facts that Ross provided regarding the animation.

You also need to distinguish between those who have genuinely and justifiably negative things to say about the game, and those who are just cranky because the game isn't coming out on the exact date they want

And I'm the Queen of England

Online Cricket Games Owned
So what you're saying, is that a forum specifically for DB14...is bias towards DB14? What a shock...

You need to distinguish between the so-called 'fan girls' and those who defend the game with actual facts in a level-headed manner. Plenty of people were defending the speed of the bowler with the facts that Ross provided regarding the animation.

You also need to distinguish between those who have genuinely and justifiably negative things to say about the game, and those who are just cranky because the game isn't coming out on the exact date they want

And I'm the Queen of England

I didnt say everyone was a fangirl did I, I just said that there are definitely some and it doesn't sound like you are one of them

D

Deleted member 11215

Honestly, do you really believe they have shown nothing different?

Career mode and manual appealing are two right off the top of my head that have never been seen before and have been requested many a time.

To be honest career mode is something which is and has been bog standard in sport games for years, its hardly anything new. The same can be said for manual appealing, cricket is based on appealing decisions, next you'll be saying how great it is that this game includes stumps and a ball.

Because one weeks worth of movement could change the month? ;)

I do agree with your general point though, if one is know (to a two week range it would be nice to know but I wont be beating myself up over it.

Well its not too hard to say that it is due to drop between the end of September and middle of October for example.

In what way do they have the same shortcomings? They didnt give a release day only wait until right before it to miss it. Twice.

Effectively starting an advertising campaign and getting fans on board without any real intention to announce a release date. They keep discussing how they dont want to discuss an announcement. If you have nothing to bring to the table then don't sit down.

I dont think this game will be perfect, but it could be. Its unlikely anyone would nail it first time though and this could be the beginning of a great series. Especially as BA seem very receptive to the community.

For me the underlined just shows the ridiculous expectation on this game.

As for "Just get the game out there", well thats just a load of crap. Do you want a flawed product out there?

Well haven't they been saying for ages that the game is complete but they just need to pick the right strategic date to release it. It's not like a major series has just ended and people have no recent cricket game to waste the time between series with. Its not like they currently have no rival either...

:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

I like how you totally changed your argument from "They shown us nothing different nor made any different promises to any previous cricket games. " to just any sports game in general.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Well done for buying into their hype. They shown us nothing different nor made any different promises to any previous cricket games.

All this bollocks about having a release date but not revealing it is crap. We are told that it will change by 1 week either way max, why can't they announce the month then?

They give shitty snide comments to AC13 but have the same short comings of having no release date and claiming to be transparent whilst doing nothing. Just get the game out there.

I feel the same, aside from the fact that they have show TOLD us about different features/depth etc but anyone can do that it's not like we've physically seen the features in play.

Yeah what happened to "we have a release date it's not going to change" what happened to "marketing campaign starting on friday" then it all just got lost in a jumble then randomly the title was announced on a tuesday so everyone got side tracked but no news on what is causing delays? I thought the game was complete.

They've even said UK is the best place they will do so why not release it when the ashes were happening the best possible time?

Supposedly the game is complete but we don't even know the MONTH it's being released?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Mr Colin, nice to see you. Nothing to see here.

Hey, Will. I'm just totally bored of hearing the same stuff every day :(
Of course we can't judge it till it comes out. Of course people are going to over-hype it. Of course some people won't like it when it does come out.
Seriously considering locking this forum for the next two months ;)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well if you didn't keep changing your mind... :facepalm

All you've done since arriving is attention seek and based on that and your posts I'd find it incredibly hard to believe you're older than about 13.

D

Deleted member 11215

Hey, Will. I'm just totally bored of hearing the same stuff every day :(
Of course we can't judge it till it comes out. Of course people are going to over-hype it. Of course some people won't like it when it does come out.
Seriously considering locking this forum for the next two months ;)

Hmmm... :spy

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
SOOOOO HANG ON A SECOND MATE, you have a go at me for correcting someons grammar and here you are correcting sections of my life story....

He's the boss. He's got so many contacts that he could have you working KFC within the hour.

Just to make sure my post is slightly on topic here,

The whole buildup of these two cricket games have been farcical really. If people could agree that before we criticise, praise or simply "fangirl," as 95% of this forum does lets equally give both games a chance and wait until they're released. Personally I'm hoping DB14 comes out with a shocker of a bug or something just so the developer who comments here with his sly rival-bashing gets brought back down to earth.

Last edited:
Why don't we all just buy FIFA and forget about this game... clearly its not being released until 2014 or late December, 2013

----------

He's the boss. He's got so many contacts that he could have you working KFC within the hour.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

you know what, im just gonna email Razor right now and make sure they suss out this game, you guys are way too cocky for your own good and deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread