Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, the release date is a formality at this point, they're just getting in early. I would still wait until the actual company making the game has set an actual release date window before pre-ordering though, or just wait until it's in stores up for digital download.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, the release date is a formality at this point, they're just getting in early. I would still wait until the actual company making the game has set an actual release date window before pre-ordering though, or just wait until it's in stores up for digital download.

GTA is the first game I have EVER pre-ordered. Because of the incentives.
Normally I would want to wait until it's out and reviews are in (in the case of GTA completely unnecessary) unless there was a significant inducement in extra bonus items or price.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
The incentives thing sh#%s me because they're always spread out far and wide but inevitably end up as a complete-pack download 3 months down the road, which is much easier on my OCD than only having pieces of the puzzle earlier. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a title because I just download em digitally on my PS3 or PC when they go live. Only "Boxes" I have are the Special Editions for Assassin's Creed because I like the UbiWorkshop artwork and that AC Encyclopedia is a friggin masterpiece.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They're a legit pre-order. If you pre-order it, you enter a contract with them to send you it as soon as they have stock.

if there's no release date, and no confirmed price are we not still at "invitation to treat" rather than contract?

i wouldn't pay money now only for the actual release price to end up cheaper. there will still be plenty of time to pre-order once the actual release date and price is announced.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
if there's no release date, and no confirmed price are we not still at "invitation to treat" rather than contract?

i wouldn't pay money now only for the actual release price to end up cheaper. there will still be plenty of time to pre-order once the actual release date and price is announced.

Studied law? :)

The price offered/accepted normally comes on the basis that you can withdraw from the contract at any time and receive a credit/refund of your consideration, not much of a contract really, more a revokable intention to purchase.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

The confirmed price on that link is ?39.99 and the agreement is that they will send it as soon as they have stock. Release dates are only a guide: the contract is to provide goods for an agreed price ASAP.

Most places will do a "best price" guarantee, where if it becomes cheaper later they will only charge you the cheaper price.

But again, I totally agree: especially with no added incentive, I don't understand why you wouldn't just wait.

EDIT: What Ross said. :-)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Yeah, unless there is something you really want as an accessory then I don't understand why anyone would pre-order anything... that said the sold out PS4 has caught some people out :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Best case scenario is DBC14 sells out and I can jack up the price of my 20 copies i'll be purchasing after sleeping outside EB Games for a week* and sell it for triple the price...

*my homeless shelter is nearby

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Nothing so cool... Had to do bits of contract law for an insurance exam. (10 years ago and only half-remembered so I wasn't sure if I was right or not)

Law was the easiest programming I ever did... just write "code" and never have to have it compiled or tested - those guys in wigs are really onto something :)

D

Dutch

......, those guys in wigs are really onto something :)

I surveyed that at my local transvestite club and they tended to agree...they felt they were more themselves, loosened from the burdens of their masculinity*

*dutch is not an honary member of the club and has never been seem doing the Conga with Big Mitch and Hairy Dave.....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I surveyed that at my local transvestite club and they tended to agree...they felt they were more themselves, loosened from the burdens of their masculinity*

*dutch is not an honary member of the club and has never been seem doing the Conga with Big Mitch and Hairy Dave.....

ever since i bought the epilator i'm more of a waxy dave.

Users who are viewing this thread