Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Every over there's an autosave.

Matt, is it across all modes (i.e., casual/exhibition, custom tournament, career mode etc.) or is the autosave specific to career mode?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have not Payed , It Will take 1 month as I am PC User

but what I have seen in lots of videos , as the batsman Hits the bowl There is small jurk in camera . Kindly anyone provide the feedback . Is other Options to get smooth camera .

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have not Payed , It Will take 1 month as I am PC User

but what I have seen in lots of videos , as the batsman Hits the bowl There is small jurk in camera . Kindly anyone provide the feedback . Is other Options to get smooth camera .
Don't use the videos to comment on the game mate! Keep your comments for when the game is officially used by you, it doesn't help Ross and Co. at all!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Across the board.

Like the sound of that. Quick question though, if you leave a save mid-match or mid-innings to come back to later, will you still be able to view the charts and visuals and so on when you come back? In DBC 14, I don't think you could view any of the BARS stuff if you broke the session off at any point, if I'm remembering correctly. Ideally, I'd like to be able to look at things like different batsmens wagon wheels or where a bowler got the ball to pitch all at the end of an innings (or even the match), but I don't know if that's possible or not this time. Last time, I think once a batsman was out you couldn't view their innings as a whole anymore. Has that been changed?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Like the sound of that. Quick question though, if you leave a save mid-match or mid-innings to come back to later, will you still be able to view the charts and visuals and so on when you come back? In DBC 14, I don't think you could view any of the BARS stuff if you broke the session off at any point, if I'm remembering correctly. Ideally, I'd like to be able to look at things like different batsmens wagon wheels or where a bowler got the ball to pitch all at the end of an innings (or even the match), but I don't know if that's possible or not this time. Last time, I think once a batsman was out you couldn't view their innings as a whole anymore. Has that been changed?
No, watching videos it said the same old notification Bars data not available on simulated stuff..

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
No, watching videos it said the same old notification Bars data not available on simulated stuff..

That's fair enough, I guess. Any idea if we can look back on things at the end of an innings or something though, or do you still have to do it while playing or miss it? I noticed some kind of match review/analysis section on the pause menu on a video but I don't think they went into it. If there's any screenshots of the options in there, I'd love to see anyway, same with the Bowler Manager thing which I haven't seen yet either.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
That's fair enough, I guess. Any idea if we can look back on things at the end of an innings or something though, or do you still have to do it while playing or miss it? I noticed some kind of match review/analysis section on the pause menu on a video but I don't think they went into it. If there's any screenshots of the options in there, I'd love to see anyway, same with the Bowler Manager thing which I haven't seen yet either.
Theres a lot to be explored...Many things can be done only when we get the game...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Quick first impression after playing first few hours,

Pros:

• First thing that impressed me was the first part that came after selecting the game from main menu. i.e., after selecting the game I didn't press accept or touch any key for some time, it started showing AI vs AI trailer of some random match between random teams. It also popped up options in same match on trailer- join batting side or join bowling side. This is very small but nice innovation from BA to make it interactive and make gamers to jump so casually in middle of AI vs AI match. Thoughtful stuff!
  • Graphics are definitely smoother and shots look fluid. Crowd looks fantastic.
  • Gameplay looks better out of the box. For the first time, I managed to hit top edge six behind the stumps, still was not able to believe it. I haven't bowled to AI yet.
  • AI keeps changing the field though I wasn't keen to see what position was changed but I kept getting pop-ups that fielding was changed.

Cons :

• Commentators, no offense, look so dull and low in energy in their voice. It created a dull atmosphere while playing the game. Mostly I will switch off soon to feel the ground ambience.
  • Customizations available is awewome but the user has to be skillful enough to know these and understand. One small example, I struggled to get logos correct on bat and helmet. I still dont know how to delete a logo on bat after pressing accept and moving to next setup in career mode. I tried multiple times to position and delete but it drove me crazy that i left the logo as is. Hardcore gamers are going to love it for sure but I doubt whether it is going to be favorite for casual gamers. It needs lot of time to set up everything before getting that authentic feel. It's only point of view though.
  • Camera- not sure what went wrong but it looks to be wild experimentation of something from BA in camera angles while batting. Only camera which I liked is far batsman camera. I love pro camera in dbc14 but it seems one step back in DBC17, may be due to too much of experimentation, not sure.
Will continue to play more time tomorrow and will add further. No matter how many cons this game ends up with, I will still buy one more copy when it comes out in PC. :)

Reactions: DAP

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Across the board.
Plus I noticed autosaves in middle of overs when we loose wicket. I noticed this in competition mode.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Its Awesome and the Don is back with a bang!

Hello fellow gamer's and cricket enthusiasts. Let me begin by saying thank you and congratulations @BigAntStudios , @HBK619 @mikeymerren and @MattW. Since 7 PM EST I was refreshing the page of Microsoft store to buy this game.

Impression

Please let me start by saying I have just played one T20 match athough completely and my views are solely based on that match and other walkthrough of game I have done so far. I am not in any position to comment on the game completely. I started off by downloading the awesome teams @SnowyCasanova @Fissionmailed @karolkarol, @Munkeymomo and others have created. Yes I am an Indian and yes I will play with India in my first game(same old cliche). I then downloaded my stadium that I created via PC Academy. I started a casual T20 match at WACA with the lowest difficulty settings. Things have changed since previous version and selection of teams to match difficulties is no longer like previous one. Initially I was a little confused on to how to change lineups, then I released pressing RT and LT changes is if I remember correctly.

The match started in this beautiful WACA ground with correct adboards of KFC Bet360 etc. The night time match looks awesome. Australia decided to bowl first and Aaron Finch was hammered the lazy India bowling. David Warner was looking completely out of sorts but played run a ball innings. One thing to say is that the bowling experience you get is only possible in a BigAnt game. Wonderful and complete. So many different delivery types and its amazing to see. If you bowl in right areas with right delivery type I am pretty sure like real life you will see results. Batsman really came into pressure after few dots and gave their wicket away by playing rash shots in order to up the ante.

In came my batting and its a delight. The scoreboard pressure you feel once again can only come in a BigAnt Cricket game. Like the previous version this too being on lowest difficult dint mean every ball 6 unlike other games of cricket we have had so far. You work your way, get your batsman confident and then play big shots. I kept losing wickets but still was able to score decent runs judging I have never tried batting in nets.

Now coming onto the crowds, stadiums and yes GRASS, its beautiful. The atmosphere is awesome. The home team support when a six is hit or a wicket is fallen is awesome.

Pros

Based on my early impressions $59 is worth every single penny. The game has way too much of depth and will easily last 2 years helping BigAnt deliver once again a quality product DBC 19 :D. Also check that image of Kohli coming out to bat. Whoever made that face, with this game it just looks bloody damn good.

Cons/Suggestion/Feedback

There are no particular cons as we all know BigAnt support the product really well. Also I have just played one game and cannot criticize anything based on that.
Having said that, there are two things that I did not like personally
1) Back foot cover drive shot, looks ugly and I am in no position to explain better or how to improve it.
2) The broadcast/fielding camera while playing a particular shot revolves 360 degrees before actually stopping on fielder. What happens is till the camera does not stop its very difficult to judge where the ball is.

Other then that, thank you once again @BigAntStudios, you have bettered yourself and congratulations to the entire team for what is going to be a very successful product.

Images

12-15-2016_2-22-01_AM.png

12-15-2016_2-22-11_AM.png

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Oh forgot to add in there are lot of edges. I had three edged to slip/wicket keeper, one top edge going for four behind wicket keeper

Users who are viewing this thread