Don Bradman Cricket 17 Releasing December 2016 on PS4, Xbox One and PC

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As much as this is going to be a big leap for consoles and modding in general, I am not particularly fan of customization using in game tools. I hope, just because we will have enough customization in game, we wouldn't be restricted to external mods due to this. You can't produce the same quality of mods using in game editors with those produced using external tools such as photoshop. No matter how wide variety of tools are available within the academy, there are going to be restrictions to certain elements. The reason why I am so vocal regarding external mod support for games is because I have developed my career in graphic designing in recent years and I am very passionate in participating in modding community in coming months but it will be little disappointing for me (and whole community) to be limited by certain number of mods that can be made within academy only. I am probably going to be bashed for this comment but no matter how big piece of turd was C07, it was the modding community that kept it alive for several years. So if there are going to be customization available in-game, that's fantastic but please don't restrict those modders that can produce quality of work using their favourite tools outside game environment.

i was thinking something similar. especially just thinking about the sponsors, adboards, all the retro stuff etc. also, that if the devs spend time "reinventing the wheel" maiking in-academy editors, does that limit what they can do on the game?

my hunch is that perhaps there might be basic in-academy editors, but also the ability to import something created externally and convert that to a game file for use as a "mod". which would mean you can still use the external tool to create something that might not be possible using the in game editor, but still use the game customisation tool to "load" the mod. that and mod-sharing is essential for the customisation stuff to be worthwhile.

atimlin

Club Cricketer
2015-06-1706.png

The best bet for console modifications would be to copy pro evolution 2016's examples where you could import kits etc. via Usb direct to console after designing them in photo shop or similar. You can also import team crests, manager images etc. If Big Ant could replicate this level of mod it would be fantastic for DBC17 on consoles!

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
great idea just not Chelsea / Arsenal / Man Utd or Liverpool lol [HASHTAG]#COYS[/HASHTAG]
2015-06-1706.png

The best bet for console modifications would be to copy pro evolution 2016's examples where you could import kits etc. via Usb direct to console after designing them in photo shop or similar. You can also import team crests, manager images etc. If Big Ant could replicate this level of mod it would be fantastic for DBC17 on consoles!

D

Deleted member 149013

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is a pretty decent game. I have it and play it often. The knock against RM PGA when it released was that it didn't have much content and game modes. Over the last few months EA have patched in most of the game and have added a few more golf courses. If you are after a golf simulation I can say without hesitation go for Rory McIlroy. RM PGA Tour in Tour mode (or with Advanced swing) is a thing of beauty. The price has dropped quite a bit and it was on sale recently for $16 and if you are a golf fan I would recommend it.
Hmm tempted now, I do need to go on Amazon to buy some new headphones so if Rory did slip into the basket I suppose it wouldn’t be the worst thing.
Thank you for your recommendation.
:)

I played in daily club competitions, rounds against other members. I also played career but after the first year it felt a bit repetitive. Oh the legend challenges I completed most of them but there was a few I just couldn’t do, no matter how determined I was.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hmm tempted now, I do need to go on Amazon to buy some new headphones so if Rory did slip into the basket I suppose it wouldn’t be the worst thing.
Thank you for your recommendation.
:)

I played in daily club competitions, rounds against other members. I also played career but after the first year it felt a bit repetitive. Oh the legend challenges I completed most of them but there was a few I just couldn’t do, no matter how determined I was.

I'm not that much into online tourneys. I play offline by myself (simulation on Tour mode) or with buds (arcade) and RM PGA is one game which ranges from a "pick n play" fun arcade experience to a true simulation on Tour mode with visual aids off. So far I've been pretty happy with the purchase but if online is the your main criteria then you want to check with others.

D

Deleted member 149013

I'm not that much into online tourneys. I play offline by myself (simulation on Tour mode) or with buds (arcade) and RM PGA is one game which ranges from a "pick n play" fun arcade experience to a true simulation on Tour mode with visual aids off. So far I've been pretty happy with the purchase but if online is the your main criteria then you want to check with others.
Kinda offline/online. I can always find my club they are a friendly bunch well one of them wasn’t but this isn’t the place. Sometimes I just like to have a quiet session where you can take your time at your own pace, depends how I am feeling really.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2015-06-1706.png

I don't see the need for a USB.

grkrama

National Board President
I guess it will be like that upload to academy server and download from across the consoles, though im not sure if uploading will be done via academy or some other tool!

The only other thing in parallel seems to be the recently fallout 4 , which has recently done this

Bethesda.net practically you can browse and download mods ingame in console!

One question i have in mind is how BA would go about vetting images, given that they arent in the scale of EA or bethesda

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Also given that most mods for DBC would be license material as compared to say the RPG mods of Bethesda which will probably feature Excalibur as mod! Can BA then store those mods on their server, or a report button like for academy players would suffice!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is a pretty decent game. I have it and play it often. The knock against RM PGA when it released was that it didn't have much content and game modes. Over the last few months EA have patched in most of the game and have added a few more golf courses. If you are after a golf simulation I can say without hesitation go for Rory McIlroy. RM PGA Tour in Tour mode (or with Advanced swing) is a thing of beauty. The price has dropped quite a bit and it was on sale recently for $16 and if you are a golf fan I would recommend it.

Can one play this game with the Move Controllers ?

And if possible , how would you compare it with Tiger Woods The Masters 2012 ?

Ross sure knows how to just be a big old tease hey :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can one play this game with the Move Controllers ?

And if possible , how would you compare it with Tiger Woods The Masters 2012 ?

Ross sure knows how to just be a big old tease hey :)

I don't have Move so can't say. I'm not a big supporter of Move or Wii controller thingies as I like to play video games sitting on the couch. If I've to move around in the living room and pretend I'm playing the real thing I would rather go out and do so. RM PGA is better than the Tiger Wood series in terms of simulation or hardcore gameplay. The 'Tour Mode' (or Advanced Swing) setting will keep you busy for weeks. However the career mode and player mode are pretty basic and the content (golf courses online modes) are quite limited compared to the Tiger Wood series. I was looking for a simulation and offline Arcade mode golf game and for me it works a charm.

One thing I would add is that if you are on PC and are looking for a golf simulation, go for Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf as it's the best simulation out there. But RM PGA Tour is a solid simulation game on consoles unless you are looking for online or career mode as the main items.

Users who are viewing this thread