New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Cuirassier1815

School Cricketer
i for one am glad to have you back.

hope you're impressed by the list of goodies for dbc17. did yiu ever get 14 on pc? have you played franco's hack??

Thanks Dave. I did get 14 on PC but I must admit I was never a great fan of the bowling. The batting was very enjoyable however.
I've not played or even heard of Franco's hack but please tell me more.

In the mean time I've been a game tester for Perfect Parallel's 'Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf'. If any of you guys are into video golf I can highly recommend it. The course construction add on to the Unity engine hasn't been officially released yet but will be very soon.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks Dave. I did get 14 on PC but I must admit I was never a great fan of the bowling. The batting was very enjoyable however.
I've not played or even heard of Franco's hack but please tell me more.

In the mean time I've been a game tester for Perfect Parallel's 'Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf'. If any of you guys are into video golf I can highly recommend it. The course construction add on to the Unity engine hasn't been officially released yet but will be very soon.

assuming you've verified your game with @MattW then download from @francobaldo1 thread - dbc hacks: fearsome tweak - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

it's a hack that gets the AI to play differently and makes bowling a joy. it is literally like having a DBC16 to play. it's brilliant.

kasabian21

International Coach
@BigAntStudios Not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere, but how soon will screenshots and/or gameplay videos be shared on the forum? Cheers!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios Not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere, but how soon will screenshots and/or gameplay videos be shared on the forum? Cheers!

I'd say the first screenshots will come from The Academy whenever the playable elements such as the nets get added.

There are progressive screenshots available of the characters of course via The Academy.

Giraffe

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I am also in the somewhat awkward situation of not having anything to play dbc 17 (looks great, by the way), with no support for ps3 (i fully support this). I would prefer a ps4 over an xbox 1, but am also considering purchasing a pc. I do not play many games, pretty much solely sports games (fifa, dbc 14, rll3 and a bit of mlb are my most played games) so I do not want to spend much more than i need to plays the games but i still want to be able to run dbc 17 comfortably (dbc 17 is high priority since i can always play the others on ps3 if i want to). Idealy, I would want to be spending around $500-$600 AUD but I know absolutely nothing about pc's so if that is unreasonable can you point me towards a more reasonable price. Side question; is building your own pc worthwhile? Another reason I am leaning towrads PC is the fact that the laptop is incredibly old and slow and pretty much useless so a 2 in 1 is not bad value.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on the thread. Any help would be much appreciated.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
@Giraffe without wanting to go way off topic on the thread, I think building a PC is worthwhile. If you don't need to travel, a gaming laptop is an expensive option...as long as you have the space for a PC and monitor. I've always built PC's as it is pretty simple to do and you get to spec it to meet your specific needs. That said, it doesn't mean that it will work out cheaper than buying a pre-built one...so run a few options of self-build configs versus pre-built to work out what works best. The advantage of a PC, if you don't play too many games, is that you can use it for other things. If you are on a tight budget, however, a PS4 might work out cheaper...though this is quite pricey if you are just going to play DBC17 on it. However, I doubt you would get a PC for your budget that is going to be good enough for DBC17...I would typically budget between £1000 to £1500 (approx. $2000 to $3000 AUD) for a PC build...though I don't know what components cost in Australia. There may be cheaper options but when building a PC you need to think a bit about avoiding going too cheap and finding it performing poorly to start with and being effectively obsolete in a few months. With a PS4 you have less to worry about from this perspective....but I still prefer PCs.

Users who are viewing this thread